The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Daily Mail, you need a correction! That's an egregious mis-caption in the photos; that's definitely not Princess Michael of Kent Kate is chatting with!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Daily Mail, you need a correction! That's an egregious mis-caption in the photos; that's definitely not Princess Michael of Kent Kate is chatting with!
Glad you spotted that too. For minute there I thought I was losing my mind.

Shame on you Daily Mail.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am obviously in the minority but I really liked the dress the Duchess wore. It was feminine, lovely color and suited a summerwedding perfectly. I am so relieved she is not another wanna-be runway model whose clothes defines the wearer. Duchess Catherine has her own very personal style and as she refines it she will have both great hits and some misses. This dress was not in my eyes a miss. She looked very lovely.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I am obviously in the minority but I really liked the dress the Duchess wore. It was feminine, lovely color and suited a summerwedding perfectly. I am so relieved she is not another wanna-be runway model whose clothes defines the wearer. Duchess Catherine has her own very personal style and as she refines it she will have both great hits and some misses. This dress was not in my eyes a miss. She looked very lovely.
I thought the pattern was a bit busy but the colours were nice and the dress fit well and had a lovely silhouette. Very summery and appropriate for a wedding and IMO, while it wasn't one of my favourite outfits that Catherine has worn, it was definitely one of the better looking outfits at the wedding.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Daily Mail article: Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge wears vintage tennis style at Wimbledon | Mail Online

I thought they were supposed to be in Scotland?
This dress doesn't scream tennis at me. It reminds me more of cricket, which is another of the traditional English summer sports so I suppose it's pretty appropriate.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Myself I think it's rather formal, too formal, to wear a suit and a dress like that to watch tennis.

LaRae
Old 07-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Box at Wimbledon is formal. Men wear ties and jackets (sports or suit) and ladies wear smart day wear.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

It's nice to see a repeat of this outfit; it's a style that's appropriate to wear as an onlooker at a sporting event.

And I see that the DM removed those pictures misidentifying Princess Michael of Kent. I guess they didn't know who the lady was that they could correct the caption.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Just spotted that Agassi is wearing Jacket and tie.

Here is a link to Wimbledon pix. I dont know how to extract the William and Kate ones but if someone else knows how .....
Lovely ones of a nervous Catherine (because of Murray!) and William greeting Stephi Graf

Getty Images - Search: GBR: The Championships - Wimbledon 2012: Day Nine

Old 07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The Royal Box at Wimbledon is formal. Men wear ties and jackets (sports or suit) and ladies wear smart day wear.
Ah well I suppose they would have to dress up then.

LaRae
Old 07-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Aw so happy to see them today watching the match right now actually on TSN
Old 07-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Some pics over here of William and the England football manager talking at the clubhouse balcony
cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/...hy&p=cambridge

Duke and Duchess are on their way to Scotland I'm assuming based on this tweet
Quote:
Antony Pearce ‏@AntonypkPearce Was on a 391 and it got stopped by police motorbikes guiding Kate middleton and Prince William #madness
It was posted 25 mins ago
They left early from the match
Old 07-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a funny one of Kate with her hand over her face; maybe she didn't like the shot she saw!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Loved the pictures of Catherine! Photography at its best.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

My post 751 has a link to Getty and there are lots and lots of pix of Catherine and William in there of today at Wimbledon. They've updated it since I sent the post.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe
My post 751 has a link to Getty and there are lots and lots of pix of Catherine and William in there of today at Wimbledon. They've updated it since I sent the post.
I saw the pictures in the Daily Mail article I posted, they're the ones I was talking about. :)
Old 07-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I saw the pictures in the Daily Mail article I posted, they're the ones I was talking about. :)
Our messages crossed - hadn't seen yours

Old 07-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

The early sets of the Murray-Ferrer match were actually really tight. Both went to tie breakers and could've gone either way. Kate's facial expressions during the match tell you all about how tense it was at times.

Kate seems to have re-ignited an interest in tennis in William. I don't remember the last time he made an appearance at Wimbledon before last year; probably when Diana was alive.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

great to see kate and wills again!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The early sets of the Murray-Ferrer match were actually really tight. Both went to tie breakers and could've gone either way. Kate's facial expressions during the match tell you all about how tense it was at times.

Kate seems to have re-ignited an interest in tennis in William. I don't remember the last time he made an appearance at Wimbledon before last year; probably when Diana was alive.
I read somewhere that they play very competitive games of tennis with each other, so therein lies William's interest in Wimbledon, I suppose. My mom DVR'd some tennis highlights of Will and Kate for me at the tennis match; mind you, my mom's 89, handles technology like a pro and still has an avid interest in tennis.