The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Nobility

Today at nottingham with the Queen from 11am (from Paris)

Old 06-13-2012, 02:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Yep so reminder it starts 10:05am Uk time 2:05am PST and 5:05am EST I believe all posts go in the BRF current events thread. That's where you'll find my updates in a few hours

Old 06-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

I am posting this here as both will be at this event. Please feel free to move it if necessary!

@RE_DailyMail: Prince William, Earl of Strathearn, to be made a Knight of the Thistle by the Queen on July 5 at St Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh.

@RE_DailyMail: Kate as Countess of Strathearn will be there. The Order of the Thistle is Scotland's oldest order of chivalry
Old 06-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Majesty

What a great honor for William! I think I read that it will be private. Too bad, it would have been great to see how proud they will be!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
What a great honor for William! I think I read that it will be private. Too bad, it would have been great to see how proud they will be!
There will be pictures from the Thistle ceremony in general, but not from the actual installation ceremony, which is private.

The Queen installs the newly appointed members in a private ceremony at the beginning of the Service of the Thistle. When the Queen and Prince Philip arrive, the Chancellor of the Thistle, the Dean of the Thistle and the Secretary of the Thistle lead them to the Signet Library, where Knights and Ladies of the Order have already gathered. Her Majesty then installs new Knights and/or Ladies, and then the procession consisting of the entire party proceeds to Chapel of the Order of the Thistle of St. Giles' Cathedral, where other parts of the Service take place.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Majesty

Thank you Artemisia! At least we will see pictures!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I dunno how legit this may be but still
Prince William And Catherine Invited To Brad And Angelina's Olympics Bash
Old 06-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Daily Mail reports it too. Their headline is quite ridiculous though; Angelina was one of the most famous women in the world long before Kate ever came to the scene as girlfriend and then wife of a famous person.

Angelina Jolie's infatuation with Kate Middleton continues as she invites the Duchess to Olympics party
Quote:
It appears that everyone wants to be a Kate clone these days and the Daily Mail's Liz Jones has already admitted that she's turning into Kate Middleton. But Angelina Jolie is known to be the Duchess' most glamorous fan and has, of late, eschewed her signature Armani Prive and Versace to sport one of Kate's favourite designers, Jenny Packham. And now Jolie has invited the Duchess to the Olympics party she is throwing alongside fiance Brad Pitt.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Another reason they may have been invited to the party is because they are official ambassadors of the 2012 Olympics. As "A list" as this couple is, I would imagine that the Cambridges calendar is well filled leading up to and including the games in their offical capacity as ambassadors.

But.... what do I know? Didn't Wills and Kate meet Brad and Angelina when they were in LA?
Old 06-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Another reason they may have been invited to the party is because they are official ambassadors of the 2012 Olympics. As "A list" as this couple is, I would imagine that the Cambridges calendar is well filled leading up to and including the games in their offical capacity as ambassadors.

But.... what do I know? Didn't Wills and Kate meet Brad and Angelina when they were in LA?
This is probably the reason. However, never let it be said that Angelina and Brad ever miss a photo opportunity for themselves.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Majesty

I know that Angelina Jolie does a great deal of charity work, and I think it would be great if she were to team up with William and Catherine to do a project. All three are keen on being really involved and hands-on participants rather than just passive donors, so it would be delightful to see them in action.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I know that Angelina Jolie does a great deal of charity work, and I think it would be great if she were to team up with William and Catherine to do a project. All three are keen on being really involved and hands-on participants rather than just passive donors, so it would be delightful to see them in action.
I really don't think this is ever going to happen as good as the idea is and how beneficial the outcome of such a partnership could be. It would propel William and Kate too much into the "celebrity" limelight and that's something that as a future King and Queen Consort they need to avoid at all costs.

But then again.. what do I know? I think I need a donut.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm ahead of you, Osipi, I already had some ice-cream popsicles; way too much to ponder on here!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really don't think this is ever going to happen as good as the idea is and how beneficial the outcome of such a partnership could be. It would propel William and Kate too much into the "celebrity" limelight and that's something that as a future King and Queen Consort they need to avoid at all costs.

But then again.. what do I know? I think I need a donut.
You bring up a good point. I didn't really think of that. It won't be the best to have them mix with Hollywood celebrity style. Oh well, it was just a thought. Donut...hmmmm....I may go for some ice cream, though your option sounds good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm ahead of you, Osipi, I already had some ice-cream popsicles; way too much to ponder on here!
Yes, visiting this site brings out the sweet tooth in me too .

Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I love William and Catherine's Scottish titles, more than their English titles. Look forward to images of this event.

Olympic bash? Why not! No doubt they would have been invited no matter who organised the party as William and Catherine at the "it" couple of the Royals at the moment.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I love William and Catherine's Scottish titles, more than their English titles. Look forward to images of this event.
Are you referring to the Order of the Thistle? If so, I think that particular ceremony is private, so we probably won't be seeing any pictures from that event.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Re Order of the Thistle Ceremony: I thought it was like the Garter Ceremony. The installation of a new member and the service is private within St George's Chapel, but we always see the procession. New members of the Thistle are a rare event but I think this year (Jubilee and William being enrolled) we will see the procession because there is wider interest.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Are you referring to the Order of the Thistle? If so, I think that particular ceremony is private, so we probably won't be seeing any pictures from that event.
The event itself isn't private; they'll probably be pictures of the procession - same as the Order of the Garter ceremony.
William's installation ceremony, however, will indeed be private.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
The event itself isn't private; they'll probably be pictures of the procession - same as the Order of the Garter ceremony.
William's installation ceremony, however, will indeed be private.
Thank you so much for clearing that up .

Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

In regards to that I member a few years after William first became part of the Order of the Garter we finally got film of his installation so perhaps we may eventually get something from the Order of the Thistle ceremony, it'll just take a while.

Closed Thread