Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think CTV is airing the Paralympics if I'm not mistaken. Will be great to have something to watch. I've been so bored in terms on tv since the Olympics ended

saying that william and kate won't go to the paralympics because they aren't glamorous enough for them is such a dumb thing to think. they are both ambassadors to the olympics AND paralympics, and i expect them to be cheering on the paralympics as much as they did during the olympics. i have no doubt they will. if anything, paralympic athletes are even more glamourous and a true example of taking on a challenge, even more so than olympians. it's just harder to put yourself together after disease and pain and achieve excellence with a disability.

ghost_night554 said:
So I can't post this in the Paralympics thread since it's locked so I'll post this here

Sporty Kate to lead Royal team at Paralympics | UK News | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

I was excited to see this on my twitter feed this morning. Always nice to see more of this couple. And since they're Ambassadors for Team GB, it's only fitting that they attend.

Lumutqueen said:

Thank you for the link :flowers:.

GB always do really well at Paralympics. They generally finish second in the medals table, and are hoping for over 100 medals this time. It's odd that Paralympic sport seems to have such a low profile in the US.

EIIR said:
GB always do really well at Paralympics. They generally finish second in the medals table, and are hoping for over 100 medals this time. It's odd that Paralympic sport seems to have such a low profile in the US.

I watched a TV report and it mentioned that we got 102 medals in Beijing and we've come 2nd in the medal table for the past 4 games. I was shocked that i didn't know that, it's amazing!

Just heard that in a few hours St James will release Will and Kate's full Paralympics schedule.

Now that's the kind of Diana/William/Catherine story I like to hear, it's a true and honest connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt a little emotional reading that. Imagine seeing the orchid named after your mother just before she died during the 15th anniversary of her death. So sad.

Factual information is great

Stupid jokey journalism is total .... what is the word I'm seeking? rubbish will do - total yuk

I thought it was pretty funny, personally.

He isn't been confirmed by either BP or Clarence House.

rosana said:
Another vacation? I thought this was going to be a vacation, since they mention another honeymoon at a desert island. It looks like they never have enough, don´t they?

A paradise for Kate Middleton: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to tour exotic East | Mail Online

Harry may do stupid things but a least he has a job, a real one, as a soldier.

It's not a holiday, they're spending one day not doing engagements at the expense of the Solomon government who wishes to promote tourism.
Even doing engagements touring the far east is hardly a chore.

Good to see William and Kate take a long weekend getaway. Building and keeping a strong relationship will stand them in good stead in the lifetime of service they will both be giving.

It's not a holiday, they're spending one day not doing engagements at the expense of the Solomon government who wishes to promote tourism.
Even doing engagements touring the far east is hardly a chore.

This entire trip sounds like its going to be totally wonderful. One thing I love about all these trips for the Diamond Jubilee made by the Queen and her representatives is that we get a glimpse of places and people that I know I'll probably never get to in my lifetime.

That isn't my idea of a chateau; I was expecting something like Chenonceaux, only smaller.

(I don't think that place is very attractive, though I expect it is comfortable).

I really don't understand why people get so upset when William & Catherine get away for awhile. I think it's nice that they spent a few days away and rest up before they embark on this amazing Diamond Jubliee Tour.

I really don't understand why people get so upset when William & Catherine get away for awhile. I think it's nice that they spent a few days away and rest up before they embark on this amazing Diamond Jubliee Tour.

I am a die hard fan of theirs but they are ambassadors for ParalympicsGB and have hardly been seen - instead, they are on holiday before, what a lot of people will say, a holiday!! :bang:

The tour to South Asia is not a "holiday" despite the stupid Daily Mail headline. They are doing engagements the whole time from when they step of the plane until they leave. They are meeting the heads of government of 2 commonwealth members in Singapore & Malayasia and helping the Solomon Islands & Tuvulu celebrate their Queen's julibee. William is making several speeches during the tour and even Kate is making a speech at a Hospice in Malayasia. They are visiting a war cementary in Singapore to a lay a wreath and meeting veterans there. They are going to a rainforest in Borneo to promote conversation. The whole time they are doing this trip they will be follow by the world's media. That is not a holiday.

Check out the schedule for the tour and decide if its a holiday
The Prince of Wales - A statement by Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton on The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's upcoming tour to Singapore, Malaysia, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu

yiiks .. ten horses wouldn't drag me doing that tour - poor souls.

No this trip isn't a "holiday" they are emabrking on a tour to help celebrate The Queen's Diamond Jubliee. They will be representing The Queen, Flying the flag for the UK & Commonwealth. I really don't think there's anything wrong with them taking some time off before the Jubilee Tour.

I guess if anyone call this Diamond Jubliee Tour a "Holiday" then I guess you you would have to say that the Wessex's also too a "Holiday" trip to the Caribbean this year and so did Prince Harry.

I think it's a shame that the Daily Mail have decided to write about this very important tour on behalf of The Queen and call it a "Holiday" because it's far from a vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom