The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

It feels like Hello have Kate on their front cover every week. Does anyone keep tabs on that sort of thing? I know she's been on the cover of People magazine in the US 7 times so far this year.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
It feels like Hello have Kate on their front cover every week. Does anyone keep tabs on that sort of thing? I know she's been on the cover of People magazine in the US 7 times so far this year.
I'll go count mine, I get sent them every week :)

Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

O.k. Did I miss something? When is the interview on ABC?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
O.k. Did I miss something? When is the interview on ABC?
It airs Tuesday, May 29th, at 9pm eastern on a special edition of 20/20.

Katie Couric Interviews Prince William, Harry In ABC News Special For Diamond Jubilee (VIDEO)
Old 05-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'll go count mine, I get sent them every week :)
You're too kind, Lumutqueen, thanks. Don't go to too much trouble, I just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their heads.

The last time I bought Hello was the commemorative Royal Wedding edition from last year. The pics are great but some of the 'articles' are just awful.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Some more great quotes from the upcoming interview with ABC and ITV
I love William's wit and the way he expresses himself. He has a way with words.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to mark that special on my calendar; I can't miss that! Thank you, Windsorgirl, for the reminder. It cracked me up to see Katie struggling to push that concealed door open in the promo.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you, thank you windsor girl. You have saved me from insanity! All right a little over dramatic. Appreciate it. :)
Old 05-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I have to mark that special on my calendar; I can't miss that! It cracked me up to see Katie struggling to push that concealed door open.
I'll be here, waiting to hear all about it. My Internet's too slow, so I doubt I'll be able to catch it.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

You're too kind, Lumutqueen, thanks. Don't go to too much trouble, I just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their heads.

The last time I bought Hello was the commemorative Royal Wedding edition from last year. The pics are great but some of the 'articles' are just awful.
Of the 22 issues since Jan 2....only 7 have NOT had Kate on the cover.

http://www.zinio.com/browse/publications/single-issues.jsp?productId=193012078
Old 05-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ok, I luv me some Kate...but the girl isn't doing anything special. Why all the covers; I suppose it's better than having a freakin Kardashian on the cover.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-23-2012, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

I counted 17 but Michelle counted 15. I might have to go double check. It was quite late I have included covers when she's not on her own.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Ok, I luv me some Kate...but the girl isn't doing anything special. Why all the covers; I suppose it's better than having a freakin Kardashian on the cover.
She obviously sells copies. Magazines only repeat their cover subjects if they ensure strong sales; Kate must do that.

Remember the Daily Express used to have a Diana conspiracy story of their front page almost everyday for years? It was because they sold more copies with that story on the front than any other. They were totally shameless about it though; they'd take the most insignificant rumour and splash it across the front page making mountains out of molehills. They became a laughing stock and stopped doing it thankfully.

Thanks Michelle and Lumutqueen!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

William, Kate write to Slave Lake
Old 05-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
A kind and touching gesture, which is what this couple is known for. Lovely indeed.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2

Of the 22 issues since Jan 2....only 7 have NOT had Kate on the cover.

http://www.zinio.com/browse/publicat...ctId=193012078
Wow... Hello Mag knows its definitely going to sell these issues! LoL
Old 05-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice of William and Kate to write to the residents of Swan Lake. It's an unfortunate fact that the 24 hour news cycle moves on so quickly from catastrophes like this; you get a few days of coverage and then it's forgotten.

Maybe William and Kate will visit again when the rebuilding is complete.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

Hello! I am new here.

I wanted to mention I like Kate and William very much. Such a lovely couple and I have such high hopes for them in their future role. I know someone who knows someone who met them on one of their public appearances together, and he reported that they are a couple who are completely comfortable with each other, a bit like old shoes.

Some people suggest that Kate is lucky to have found a prince, but I think that he is equally lucky to have found her. It must be very difficult to ease into that role, and I think that she is managing to do so gracefully.

I agree with the posters that her appearances are few and far between right now so as not to overshadow the senior members of the BRF. All around, they are trying to ensure she is NOT Diana, which is better for all involved, and all relationships involved.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with you. William is quite a catch but he is lucky to have found a woman who is able to be his strength as not only his wife but his friend. I think Catherine is an intelligent young woman who is able to help him when it comes to some of the decisions that are made. The saying that behind every great man is a great woman is true, and what a team they will be. :)
Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought this was a cute photo happy it finally surfaced. The Duchess at Our Greatest Team Rises with her Team GB scarf
http://www.ourgreatestteamrises.com/...ition_7542.jpg
Some pics from someone who sat above the royal table(if you look real well you can make out who's who)
Baby Baby: Our Greatest Team Rises

William chatting with a fellow guest
http://www.ourgreatestteamrises.com/large/DHB_0702.jpg
The couple entering the hall(we've seen many versions of this one but still thought I'd post since it's a not diff then the others)
http://www.ourgreatestteamrises.com/...ition_7300.jpg

Closed Thread