The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Alright new magazine this week with again what they claim to be a world exclusive though tbh these pics I haven't seen. I'll download it later and check it out

I love that Hello is so enamored with Kate and has such great coverage of her events - really I do, it is one of the reasons I subscribed. There is always wonderful coverage of all of the royal events. However.... the Queen entertains 21 monarchs from around the world, has multiiple days of amazing photo ops celebrating her jubillee..... and the cover shot is W&K at a polo match - it just seems disrespectful. HM cant even make the cover on a Jubilee weekend.

I happen to work in the magazine industry and I understand the power of newsstand sales - and I am sure that every other magazine out there will cover the jubille events of the weekend - but still. It just seems wrong. just venting

Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Royal Highness

Oooh Gorgeous Picture , William & Kate Looks Sooo Nice , Indeed Very Tender Kiss , I always Love to see this Couple , Thank you for Posting MichelleQ2 :)

Old 05-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Courtier

The headline is pretty funny! A tender kiss and so on and so on, all they did was kissing each other on the cheek when Kate presented the cup first to Harry (whom she also kissed) and then to Wills. But I guess they needed a great cover to increase their sales.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post
Oooh Gorgeous Picture , William & Kate Looks Sooo Nice , Indeed Very Tender Kiss , I always Love to see this Couple , Thank you for Posting MichelleQ2 :)
The thanks goes to ghost_night554; I just quoted in the reply - but it is a lovely cover
Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

So Thank you Both ghost_night554 and You who reply it again MichelleQ2 :)
Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
The headline is pretty funny! A tender kiss and so on and so on, all they did was kissing each other on the cheek when Kate presented the cup first to Harry (whom she also kissed) and then to Wills. But I guess they needed a great cover to increase their sales.
agree with you , I Know The Kiss was from Cheek , But Tender Kiss Indeed , donít you Think That ?
Old 05-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Nobility

Update: kate and william did curtsey !!!

Richard Palmer/Daily Express Twitter Feed (@RoyalReporter)
Old 05-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

The way in which the media fixate on Kate has not gone unnoticed in BP, from all accounts. The day after Kate joined the Queen and DoE in Leicester to kick off the Diamond Jubilee tour, most of the papers had Kate on the front page with the Queen relegated to the inner pages. Several royal correspondents said that the Palace noticed that.

I think that's why we're not seeing loads of Kate at the moment, and those events she and William do attend are very carefully considered.

I don't blame Kate for this; she's been pretty understated in her wardrobe choices and her behaviour at royal events. I think she would prefer that the spotlight be on the Queen and Prince Charles at the moment, but the press don't seem to want to play ball.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I haven't seen the cover picture before. I wanted to get last weeks issue but completely forgot, will have to get this one. Isn't the a magazine thread for them somewhere?
Ya there is but I found the new cover at like 2am and couldn't find the magazine thread right away so I just gave up and posted it here, the thread was prob right in front of me but at that point I was so tired. Hope it's ok, if not you guys can go ahead and move it As for last week's issue I have it and you missed absolutely nothing, it was just a rehash of everything we already knew.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The way in which the media fixate on Kate has not gone unnoticed in BP, from all accounts. The day after Kate joined the Queen and DoE in Leicester to kick off the Diamond Jubilee tour, most of the papers had Kate on the front page with the Queen relegated to the inner pages. Several royal correspondents said that the Palace noticed that.

I think that's why we're not seeing loads of Kate at the moment, and those events she and William do attend are very carefully considered.

I don't blame Kate for this; she's been pretty understated in her wardrobe choices and her behaviour at royal events. I think she would prefer that the spotlight be on the Queen and Prince Charles at the moment, but the press don't seem to want to play ball.
I agree with you; Kate has been very careful not to (deliberately) overshadow more senior royals. Unfortunately, the media seems to be more keen on the price of her latest dress, than the event she actually attended. However, as you rightfully said, it is not in any shape or form Kate's fault.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

What made me chuckle though, was that several of Diana's old journalist friends were really, really angry that the papers had chosen to put Kate on their front pages without the Queen. As far as they were concerned that was an enormous insult to the Queen. But, when it was Diana who was on the cover of every magazine and newspaper, they were perfectly content because that was to be expected as Diana was a superstar. As far as they were concerned, Charles and the other royals were just petty to take issue with it.

It's amazing that they were quite happy for the press to go gaga over Diana, but not with Kate. I could be way off base, but I think some of Diana's old cheerleaders are disappointed that the public and press have taken to Kate in they way they have, because it makes Diana that little bit less unique and exceptional.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Speaking about the crowds camped outside Clarence House on the night before his wedding to Kate Middleton, he said: 'They were singing and cheering all night long, so the excitement of that, the nervousness of me and everyone singing - I slept for about half an hour.'

Read more: Prince William binned a wedding guest list of 777 names so he could invite his friends to the party | Mail Online

Also downloading Hello Magazine, I'll check it out and see if it's worth posting anything.

ETA: Ok just checked it's got some great new shots, I'll post after dinner.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Scans from Hello! this week with exclusive shots
http://i50.tinypic.com/2rmut1d.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/155syrq.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/o08dpg.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/104rlgm.jpg
Old 05-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Lovely pictures. Thank you so much for putting them up and sharing them with us. I love seeing Will and Kate together. They appear to be so at ease with one another, and very much in love.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Lovely pictures. Thank you so much for putting them up and sharing them with us. I love seeing Will and Kate together. They appear to be so at ease with one another, and very much in love.
Your welcome I totally forgot one!
http://i46.tinypic.com/104rlgm.jpg

I also edited the link into my post above.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Some more great quotes from the upcoming interview with ABC and ITV
Quote:
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #William tells TV #queen doco: before wedding “I hadn’t slept at all that night because obviously all the crowds were on The Mall"
#royal #William tells doco due to singing on the Mall the night before wedding + his nerves..."meant I slept for about half an hour."
#royal #William after a sleepless night before wedding: “when I did get up in the morning, I can say that I had prepared myself totally"
#royal #William reveals one moment prior to wedding: "The hardest thing was trying to walk down the stairs with my spurs on, sideways."
#royal re his spurs on wedding day #William: "I had visions of myself & my brother Harry colliding & crashing down the stairs together"
Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Sooo Nice Shots , The Couple Looks Amazing & So Fresh , Thank you for Posting ghost_night554
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Thank you for posting! lovely photos
Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Lovely pictures. I love witnessing the chemistry between Kate and William. They both radiate happiness and love and their pal Lupo seems to be enjoying the fun as well. Thanks for posting
Old 05-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Great photos and thanks for sharing, Ghost! I concur with Princess Victoria and Daria that it's great to see the chemistry and ease between Will and Kate, and of course Lupo just adds to the camaraderie as well.