Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gentleman sitting behind Kate, whom she greeted with kisses, is Tim Henman's father, Tony Henman. Kate also met Jane Henman, Tony's wife who's sitting on his left, with warm kisses. I believe the Henmans are good friends of the Middletons.

Last edited:
The Thistle ceremony is tomorrow

Daily Mail, you need a correction! That's an egregious mis-caption in the photos; that's definitely not Princess Michael of Kent Kate is chatting with!

Glad you spotted that too. For minute there I thought I was losing my mind.

Shame on you Daily Mail.

I am obviously in the minority but I really liked the dress the Duchess wore. It was feminine, lovely color and suited a summerwedding perfectly. I am so relieved she is not another wanna-be runway model whose clothes defines the wearer. Duchess Catherine has her own very personal style and as she refines it she will have both great hits and some misses. This dress was not in my eyes a miss. She looked very lovely.

I am obviously in the minority but I really liked the dress the Duchess wore. It was feminine, lovely color and suited a summerwedding perfectly. I am so relieved she is not another wanna-be runway model whose clothes defines the wearer. Duchess Catherine has her own very personal style and as she refines it she will have both great hits and some misses. This dress was not in my eyes a miss. She looked very lovely.

I thought the pattern was a bit busy but the colours were nice and the dress fit well and had a lovely silhouette. Very summery and appropriate for a wedding and IMO, while it wasn't one of my favourite outfits that Catherine has worn, it was definitely one of the better looking outfits at the wedding.

Myself I think it's rather formal, too formal, to wear a suit and a dress like that to watch tennis.

LaRae

The Royal Box at Wimbledon is formal. Men wear ties and jackets (sports or suit) and ladies wear smart day wear.

It's nice to see a repeat of this outfit; it's a style that's appropriate to wear as an onlooker at a sporting event.

And I see that the DM removed those pictures misidentifying Princess Michael of Kent. I guess they didn't know who the lady was that they could correct the caption.

Last edited:
The Royal Box at Wimbledon is formal. Men wear ties and jackets (sports or suit) and ladies wear smart day wear.

Ah well I suppose they would have to dress up then.

LaRae

Aw so happy to see them today watching the match right now actually on TSN

Some pics over here of William and the England football manager talking at the clubhouse balcony
cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search...al&assetType=image&mt=photography&p=cambridge

Duke and Duchess are on their way to Scotland I'm assuming based on this tweet
Antony Pearce ‏@AntonypkPearce Was on a 391 and it got stopped by police motorbikes guiding Kate middleton and Prince William #madness
It was posted 25 mins ago
They left early from the match

Last edited:
That's a funny one of Kate with her hand over her face; maybe she didn't like the shot she saw!

Loved the pictures of Catherine! Photography at its best.

:previous: My post 751 has a link to Getty and there are lots and lots of pix of Catherine and William in there of today at Wimbledon. They've updated it since I sent the post.

cepe said:
:previous: My post 751 has a link to Getty and there are lots and lots of pix of Catherine and William in there of today at Wimbledon. They've updated it since I sent the post.

I saw the pictures in the Daily Mail article I posted, they're the ones I was talking about. :)

The early sets of the Murray-Ferrer match were actually really tight. Both went to tie breakers and could've gone either way. Kate's facial expressions during the match tell you all about how tense it was at times.

Kate seems to have re-ignited an interest in tennis in William. I don't remember the last time he made an appearance at Wimbledon before last year; probably when Diana was alive.

great to see kate and wills again!

The early sets of the Murray-Ferrer match were actually really tight. Both went to tie breakers and could've gone either way. Kate's facial expressions during the match tell you all about how tense it was at times.

Kate seems to have re-ignited an interest in tennis in William. I don't remember the last time he made an appearance at Wimbledon before last year; probably when Diana was alive.

I read somewhere that they play very competitive games of tennis with each other, so therein lies William's interest in Wimbledon, I suppose. My mom DVR'd some tennis highlights of Will and Kate for me at the tennis match; mind you, my mom's 89, handles technology like a pro and still has an avid interest in tennis.

Last edited:

Probably because of coming Olympics, Royal members are coming out one-by-one to attend these sports events.

Whenever it comes to Dailymail article, I seldom read the article itself, usually go directly to the comment section, which is always the most wonderful part of Dailymail. It's funny to see people can be so hostile to one person out of no reason. And some people just start to speculate there are some issues between William and Kate because William kissed Graff but not Kate. Too much imagination here. I think Kate and William haven't carried out many Royal duties so far mainly due to they don't want to upstage the senior members of the family.

Or it's got nothing to do with the Olympics and Catherine and William like tennis perhaps?

anbrida said:
Probably because of coming Olympics, Royal members are coming out one-by-one to attend these sports events.

Whenever it comes to Dailymail article, I seldom read the article itself, usually go directly to the comment section, which is always the most wonderful part of Dailymail. It's funny to see people can be so hostile to one person out of no reason. And some people just start to speculate there are some issues between William and Kate because William kissed Graff but not Kate. Too much imagination here. I think Kate and William haven't carried out many Royal duties so far mainly due to they don't want to upstage the senior members of the family.

I try to avoid the comments in the Daily Mail. They are so much the ravings of madmen. The idea that there are problems with Will & Kate because he kissed Graf in greeting is preposterous. We didn't see Will greet Kate today as he probably rolled over in bed and planted one on her among other things.

I apologize if this is off topic.

I try to avoid the comments in the Daily Mail. They are so much the ravings of madmen. The idea that there are problems with Will & Kate because he kissed Graf in greeting is preposterous. We didn't see Will greet Kate today as he probably rolled over in bed and planted one on her among other things.

I apologize if this is off topic.

Love it :ROFLMAO: :D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom