The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
That's just lovely....if you can't tell I'm being sarcastic

Read the rest here: Prince William by Penny Junor: review - Telegraph
I agree with the last part of the last sentence 'he makes a difficult subject for a biography, he’ll make a good king'. I think on the big scheme of things, William is relatively 'quiet' and doesn't do anything too 'outrageous', which is exactly how he needs to be. He concentrates on his work as a SAR pilot, and does royal engagements when he can. It may make him appear boring to some, but I see that as a sign of maturity and steadfastness. He strikes me as a very private and introverted individual, who may internalize a great deal. His mother called him 'a deep thinker' at one point, and I think she hit the nail on the head. This is a man who most likely enjoys contemplation and some 'alone' time to just gather his thoughts and emotions.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Ya I agree. In a strange way I like sorta the mysteriousness of William. I like the fact he keeps us guessing.Sometimes it's great to know alot about people but I think some things need to be kept private, for logical reasons and because that way it makes it more fun, if you get what I mean.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Posts pertaining to the luncheon for foreign monarchs have been moved to the thread created for that event.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Nobility

There are tweets (Mark Stewart) that Kate has taken Lupo to see William and Harry play polo. Can anyone find photos? (I'm not very good at that sort of thing)

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton Watches Prince William and Harry Play Polo in a Floaty Frock: FIRST LOOK! | Grazia Fashion
Old 05-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm surprised she went with a floaty dress. I'm not sure about England, but in Northern Ireland it's been extremely windy, particularly for the time of year.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Nobility

Thanks for tracking those photos down Florencia.

I wonder if we'll see any professional shots from this event.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Some more pix here
Duchess Kate: Kate Looks Great in Green at Polo Match
Quote:
Mrs RegalEyes ‏ @MrsRegalEyes Good news for Kate & Lupo fans, they've been presenting prizes at the polo today at Cowarth Park.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

What's Harry lookin at in that picture?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
What's Harry lookin at in that picture?
Trophy or Lupo is my guess.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Nobility

Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library
Old 05-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Search photos : cambridge. Press Photos, Press Agency, Photo Agncy Belgium : Isopix.be
Old 05-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I'm surprised she went with a floaty dress. I'm not sure about England, but in Northern Ireland it's been extremely windy, particularly for the time of year.
Windy as anything today, I had trouble driving to work. It has been quite sunny though.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Same here, Lumutqueen. My 18 month old niece stepped out our back door earlier and was immediately blown back in again. She didn't understand what had happened.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Just found pics of Catherine and William eating dinner at the Olympic Gala this past Friday
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...55614493_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...95757614_n.jpg

As well as William's speech
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...82583865_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...52373727_n.jpg

One more pic from their table this one is the blurriest
https://p.twimg.com/Aso-WEPCEAEkEhR.jpg
Old 05-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Proof that Kate does eat! Thanks for the photos, Ghost; wonder where that blue lighting came from.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if any of them could actually see what they were eating? Weird lighting going on there.

Thanks again for all your sleuthing, ghostnight.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Duchess Kate Cheers On Prince William’s Polo Match! | Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Prince William : Just Jared
Old 05-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Duchess of Cambridge breezes onto the polo pitch as young Royals show their competitive side during charity fundraiser in Ascot
Quote:
As the sun came out today the Duchess of Cambridge opted for a light silk shift as she watched her husband on the polo field. Teamed with a pair of towering open-toe wedges the ensemble proved a little impractical as the winds began to pick up. Kate was seen dashing across the grassy grounds in Ascot struggling to keep to maintain her modesty as the £290.00 dress caught the breeze.
Some really lovely pictures in the article, but this one of Harry and Lupo is my favourite.
Anyone who's so natural with babies and animals has to be a very good man indeed.

Closed Thread