Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's never worn a kilt, I think the man prefers a little more clothing.

He has on at least one occasion - although I doubt he had much say in the choice of his attire at the time! ;)

He doesn't look too comfortable in that piece of clothing, and he was a child when the picture was taken. I doubt highly he'll venture out in a kilt as an adult.

Not sure where to put this, but here we go.
Wax figures of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge wearing England supporters hats, scarves and flags in support of England's participation in the Euro 2012, at Madame Tussaud's, London, Friday, June 22, 2012.

- The Duke and Duchess
- David and Victoria Beckham, Prince William and Kate, and Prime Minister David Cameron
Gallery from Daylfie

Kate's wax figure is OK, but the others - especially William's - are downright ugly.

Yikes :eek:. William's figure looks downright creepy.

Wax figures of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge wearing England supporters hats, scarves and flags in support of England's participation in the Euro 2012, at Madame Tussaud's, London, Friday, June 22, 2012.

- The Duke and Duchess
- David and Victoria Beckham, Prince William and Kate, and Prime Minister David Cameron
Gallery from Daylfie

Kate's wax figure is OK, but the others - especially William's - are downright ugly.

When I saw that first pic, I was like: :eek: and :ROFLMAO: at the same time! :lol:

Can you imagine Victoria Beckham wearing a hat like that in real life? I think this is the closest we'd get to actually seeing her wear this; somehow I think that's not quite her style!

Last edited:
Artemisia said:

- The Duke and Duchess
Gallery from Daylfie

These are pics I took of the wax figures at Mme Tussauds in NY last week. They look pretty good in person.

Attachments

• image-3632021720.jpg
    image-3632021720.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 202
  • image-3883554103.jpg
    image-3883554103.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 142
MichelleQ2 said:
These are pics I took of the wax figures at Mme Tussauds in NY last week. They look pretty good in person.

Although the Diana was pretty creepy

Attachments

• image-2422586907.jpg
    image-2422586907.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 213
That doesn't even look like Diana at all! Agree; pretty creepy. Thanks for your photos, MichelleQ2.

These are not too bad. At least I won't have nightmares after seeing these images. I'm not a huge fan of wax figures to begin with, but when they're done poorly, it just reaffirms my dislike.

Although the Diana was pretty creepy

OK, now THAT is nightmarish indeed. She looks like she's thinking of killing someone.

The Diana one was better in LV too bad they took it down. Anyways saw the W&K pic earlier this morning after watching Greece get eliminated by Germany. If England plays Germany I hope they destroy them mwuaha. Guess my Euro Cup journey is over oh well. I found it pretty funny actually that they dressed them up, I kinda liked it tbh

That's some 30th birthday gift! Queen gives William a cottage at Sandringham
The Queen is to give Prince William and his wife one of the cottages on her beloved Sandringham estate to mark her grandson’s 30th birthday. The property will be made available to the couple later this year. William, who reached the milestone last Thursday, is said to be celebrating privately with family and friends this weekend. It is understood that he is particularly delighted about the house because he and Kate spent their first Christmas as husband and wife at Sandringham last year.

Quite appropriate for a new member of the Order of the Thistle to accompany the Queen in Scotland, right? And given the health issues of the DoE, perhaps the planners at Buckingham Palace are looking for more opportunities for Will and Kate to join the Queen and DoE just in case the DoE is sidelined by illness again.

It would be nice to see them attending a royal wedding elsewhere in Europe! I'm going to cross my fingers and hope this comes to pass, especially if there are some tiara events for Kate.
oh yes es, please please! I Cant wait for see kate with an official tiara

They will attend the wedding in Luxembourg. It's has been reported in the main Luxembourg newspaper since one week or something like that.

corazon said:
great news, at last wills and kate have they own country house.

I hope it's York Cottage...that is my favorite building on the estate. I thought what a waste that it is offices. It would be great if it was given to William as a Norfolk country house.

Attachments

• image-3202598126.jpg
    image-3202598126.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 161
I hope it's York Cottage...that is my favorite building on the estate. I thought what a waste that it is offices. It would be great if it was given to William as a Norfolk country house.

Me too. It's a beautiful house, and I'm sure they'd love it.

Rosapru said:
They will attend the wedding in Luxembourg. It's has been reported in the main Luxembourg newspaper since one week or something like that.

It has never been confirmed the will attend the wedding, it's a rumour. There is no precedence for William to attend the wedding of an heir when he is not.

Duchess of Cambridge drags fun-loving Prince William out to sea on rubber ring for his 30th birthday
With the £10m fortune he's inherited on his 30th birthday, Prince William could have chosen to celebrate by enjoying watersports at an exotic location. Instead, the Duke of Cambridge enjoyed a ride in a rubber ring pulled by a boat across the freezing Irish Sea, according to The Sun. The newspaper said the Prince was 'soaked to the skin' as he gamely carried on with the treat, organised by his wife Kate, despite the wet weather in Anglesey over the weekend.

Um - I'd rather take the gift of the cottage than to get doused in freezing cold water. But I'm sure the latter is more William's style, anyway. I wonder if Kate gave him her portrait that she supposedly had painted for his birthday?

Please note that several empty posts have been deleted.

How nice if this is true. And William is set to be installed as a Royal Knight of the Thistle in Scotland, so we know this event will take place.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge coming to Scotland - Princess Diana Remembered

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are set to return to Scotland in July, as they accompany the Queen on her Diamond Jubilee engagements.

Along with the Duke of Edinburgh, the royals will attend various events in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Greenock and Perth between July 2 and 6.
Has it been confirmed by the palace?

Yes it has. This link shows the programme for the Queen's programme from 2nd July.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsa...uncementofengagementsforHolyroodWeek2012.aspx

Prince William (Earl of Strathearn) is going to be invested in the Order of the Thistle on 5th July in Edinburgh.

It'll be nice to see William and Catherine in Scotland. Hope we get some pictures from the Order of the Thistle (the procession at least, I know the ceremony is private).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom