The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

No prob. I'm off for the night been up since 9am and didn't get much sleep last night so my body is kinda confused at this point. Gonna make some dinner then relax for the rest of the night. I'll check to see what else I can find in the morning. Otherwise we'll be at it again next Friday!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Oh, yes, you will! But this member of the Greek chorus' updo brigade is singing a paen of praise over that fabulous hairdo; that sophisticated style has totally elevated the entire evening look to a whole different level. I can just imagine a tiara nestled in that elaborate 'do, or a couple of jeweled hairpins. Those lovely earrings and neckline are clearly displayed, and that gown is glorious in both color and style. I absolutely love the back and her matching clutch. Beautiful, sleek and chic; for me, it's her best look ever, including the wedding, and she looked just wonderful. Kudos, Kate, and thank you all for the great photos.

Now that wasn't so hard....
Totally agree. She has done well. She looks brilliant - and she has been able to off-set the neck/posture problem somewhat with the extended up-do in the back. (But she is seriously hunched and that will only get worse unless she addresses it). She really does look relaxed and happy, though. Having the hair up is such a great change but she seems totally relaxed with it - so that's good. (We can still hope about the eye-make-up for one day, someday, to metamorphose - maybe when she's finally a mother).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
just a side note: some one should tell her to throw her shoulders back and hold her head straight up. she always has is leaned foward and it really does not do her any justice. and she holds her shoulders not back, but kind of pulled foward. The higher the heel, the more your shoulders have to go back and the head should follow. Sorry. Pet peeve of mine!
Ah, so you see it, too. They have to avoid side shots - its been very noticeable in the past with side shots. If she doesn't fix it, it could bode not well as she grows older. Best to get in the habit now. Pilates? Feldenkrais? Or perhaps just a a few lessons in runway walking?

Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Only complaint is the dress flatens her chest, a part from that she looks great. Her face also looks fuller which makes her look even more pretty.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Courtier

I think she is slowly growing into her position.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, she might be starting to hit her stride after this initial year.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Reuters video
Royalty.nu - William and Kate attended a Team GB Olympic and Paralympic celebration - video
Old 05-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Majesty

I've noticed that Kate leans slightly to the right when she walks as well, like she's leading with her right shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Ah, so you see it, too. They have to avoid side shots - its been very noticeable in the past with side shots. If she doesn't fix it, it could bode not well as she grows older. Best to get in the habit now. Pilates?
Old 05-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
- Clear view of the dress
- William and Kate
- Close up

LOVE just everything about it. And a nice hairstyle certainly compliments it.
It's just lovely....
Old 05-12-2012, 02:31 AM
Serene Highness

Great outfit, with a well calculated wow effect. Hair up suits her!
Bye Bine
Old 05-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate And William At Olympics Gala: Duke Tells Athletes 'Glory Awaits You' | Showbiz News | Sky News
Old 05-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Majesty

'WOW' is really the only expression that comes to mind when looking at Catherine's dress from last night's gala. She looked poised, regal, elegant, sophisticated, etc, and every bit the princess that she is. She rocks that shade of blue and I do hope we see her in it more often. I loved William's little jokes and digs at his brother during his speech. He definitely knows how to get people's attention. I'm glad that they were able to make this appearance. The Olympic fever is starting to rise, or so it would seem, according to the Duke's speech. It'll be an experience of a lifetime for so many.

Many thanks to ghost_night for all her hard work in finding videos and links. It is appreciated.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I absolutely love the dress and the hairstyle that Kate wore for the Gala and I've noticed something very appropriate for the occasion and I'm wondering if she planned this on purpose.

I sensed a bit of a Grecian undercurrent in the style of the dress and with the updo she wore, it reminded me of the recent ceremony in Greece to light the Olympic flame which began its journey to the UK. Perhaps I'm seeing things but I did check out the video for when they lit the flame and Kate would have fit very nicely into the ceremonial group. What do you think?

BBC News - Olympic flame is lit in Greece
Old 05-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Unfortunately I do not think Catherine would fit in with the ceremonial group. The gown looks completely different.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I absolutely love the dress and the hairstyle that Kate wore for the Gala and I've noticed something very appropriate for the occasion and I'm wondering if she planned this on purpose.

I sensed a bit of a Grecian undercurrent in the style of the dress and with the updo she wore, it reminded me of the recent ceremony in Greece to light the Olympic flame which began its journey to the UK. Perhaps I'm seeing things but I did check out the video for when they lit the flame and Kate would have fit very nicely into the ceremonial group. What do you think?

BBC News - Olympic flame is lit in Greece
I had the same thought, Osipi. Obviously there are big differences, but the pleated skirts aren't dissimilar. I think it's more a coincidence than an intentional homage on Kate's part given that the flame lighting ceremony was only a couple of days ago. Kate's dress and clutch are bespoke so I'm sure they've been working on it for a few weeks at least.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Another photogallery from yesterday

Kate Middleton, épanouie et sublime pour son prince William, plein d'humour
Old 05-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am glad to see Catherine with her hair up and in a wonderful blue dress.She looks not only gorgeous, but natural.
10 of 10!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Spletnik -Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended the London Olympic Gala
Old 05-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Nobility

I love her makeup...oh so subtle.

Must have the name and color ...Inquiring minds wanna know
Old 05-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

That's just lovely....if you can't tell I'm being sarcastic
Quote:
. A little before their engagement she was spotted in an airport, alone, by paparazzi; to get her attention, they shouted “Bitch! Whore! Slag!” She ignored them.
Read the rest here: Prince William by Penny Junor: review - Telegraph

Closed Thread