Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those ski vacation pictures are really nice we can see them so close...she looks so good in ski pants...

I couldn't figure out the clutch bag holding either. Especially since they were at great pains to tell everyone they'd had an exact replica of the engagement ring made. But, you can't even see it!

Are wax figures easily manipulated into new poses? I assumed Kate's arm would be tucked in William's with the ring showing, but maybe if they're not easily manipulated they'd be stuck like that and so one couldn't be displayed without the other?

Madame Tussauds New York reveals the new wax figures of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Kate Middleton aka Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
New York City, USA - 04.04.12

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Madame Tussauds London reveals the new wax figures of Prince William and Kate Middleton, aka Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
London, England - 04.04.12

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Double take: William and Kate's lifelike waxworks unveiled

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/201204047657/kate-middleton-prince-william-wax/

Madame Tussauds unveiled their wax figures more waiting: the Dukes of Cambridge

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_inglesa/2012040557862/duques-cambridge-figuras-cera/

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hola.com%2Frealeza%2Fcasa_inglesa%2F2012040557862%2Fduques-cambridge-figuras-cera%2F&act=url

Last edited:
Will and Kate Barbie dolls inspired by Royal Wedding sell out (and they haven't even gone on sale yet!)
A pre-order for the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Barbie dolls has sold out in the U.S. Tagged the 'William and Catherine Royal Wedding Giftset,' they were released on February 14 which meant it took less than two months for eager fans to exhaust the giant toy company’s stock. The set of Mattel's two plastic figurines, which will be released in stores on April 29 to coincide with the royal couple’s one-year wedding anniversary, costs $100.

I'm really not a doll person; I must admit that they all freak me out a bit.

William seems to be much harder to get right than Kate. Mattel and Madame Tussauds have struggled with really capturing his likeness.

Me too! I like toys (teddy bears and whatnot) but human-like dolls kind of scare me.
William seems to be much harder to get right than Kate. Mattel and Madame Tussauds have struggled with really capturing his likeness.
I agree: none of the "Williams" really looked like him, and this doll is no exception.

Last edited:

The dolls are creepy. Gives me the heebee-geebees.

Me too! I like toys (teddy bears and whatnot) but human-like dolls really get me. I agree: none of the "Williams" really looked like him, and this doll is no exception.

You stated my sentiments.

They can get Kate's likeness spot on at Mme. Tussaud's, but for some reason all the bridal dolls that have been manufactured this past year look like Bridezilla!!

They Looks Nice In Ski Trip , Well about Doll it’s look Like a Normal Barbei Wear Kate Wedding dress , Not Looks Like Kate Face , Thank You For Posting .

Duchess of Cambridge to present Prince William with her first royal portrait as a birthday gift
The Duchess of Cambridge has been sitting for her first royal portrait.
The artist in question is Welsh born Nicky Philipps and it has been reported that the Duchess has made four secret visits to Philipps' South Kensington studio while husband Prince William is on a tour of duty in The Falklands. The painting is said to have cost £25,000 and been paid for by the Prince of Wales. It is likely to be a birthday gift for Prince William to be presented on the occasion of his official 30th birthday in June.

Well, there goes the surprise, if true.
On another note, it is really nice of Prince Charles to pay for his daughter-in-law's portrait, whether a birthday portrait or not.

It'll definitely be interesting to see the artist's rendition of Kate.

Hopefully, the real deal will be a lot better than the mock up.
People who comment on articles without bothering to read them first really do get on my nerves.

The Sun (in case you don't know) is a tabloid with lots of pictures and very few words lol

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: William and Kate plan secret romantic weekend for first wedding anniversary

They have two joint official royal engagements in the last week of April. A visit to Cambridge, the city that gave them their royal titles on their wedding day, is in the pipeline.
There will also be official duties promoting the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the run-up to this summer’s London Games.
But their focus remains William’s career as an RAF search-and-rescue pilot, with Kate’s support at their farmhouse in north Wales.
Both recognise that children will not be too far off.

Last edited:
Reunited on the slopes: William and Kate share an intimate family holiday after missing Valentine's Day while apart for six weeks
The pair spent long six weeks apart, missing their first Valentine's Day as a married couple while the Prince was flying a helicopter for the RAF in the Falklands. But it looks as though Prince William has more than made up for his absence to the Duchess of Cambridge, as the pair were reunited with a much-needed holiday in the renowned Trois Vallees ski resort. The couple took to the slopes accompanied by Kate's mother and father Carole and Michael, and her brother James and sister Pippa.
The comments at the end of the article are quite nasty but not unexpected.

What were the nasty comments? I didn't read any. :confused:

Well, most of the top comments (so far) can hardly be called favourable:
- Kate and Will's budget for breaks is quite small....oh pull the other one! You'll have me weeping.. - Ruth, Pukekohe, 9/4/2012 6:07
- Glad to see they all had another holiday. I can't afford my utility bills, but at least my taxes are not going to waste! - Georgie, London, 9/4/2012 5:20
- It's about time the Windsors and the rest of the billionaires are stripped of their undeserved wealth. Viva la revolution. - Michael, Liverpool, 9/4/2012 5:37

Incidentally, at least three (highly) negative comments have been deleted since the article was first posted.

:previous: Oh, I thought you meant comments at the end of the actual article - you meant the reader comments after the article. Okay. :bb:

Rich people need to keep spending or more people will lose their jobs.

:previous: Oh, I thought you meant comments at the end of the actual article - you meant the reader comments after the article. Okay. :bb:

My bad; should have explained myself better. :)

Last edited:
Rich people need to keep spending or more people will lose their jobs.

Not quite the way it works. ;) Threadnap: we could take it to another thread - new one - in the discussions section at the bottom of the main page. An idea.

Last edited:
Well, most of the top comments (so far) can hardly be called favourable:
- Kate and Will's budget for breaks is quite small....oh pull the other one! You'll have me weeping.. - Ruth, Pukekohe, 9/4/2012 6:07
- Glad to see they all had another holiday. I can't afford my utility bills, but at least my taxes are not going to waste! - Georgie, London, 9/4/2012 5:20
- It's about time the Windsors and the rest of the billionaires are stripped of their undeserved wealth. Viva la revolution. - Michael, Liverpool, 9/4/2012 5:37

Incidentally, at least three (highly) negative comments have been deleted since the article was first posted.

The usual vitriol from the usual jealous individuals who just need to take their own anger on someone else (best be someone they don't know, because I bet if they said something of the sort to their friends/significant others that have gone on a holiday, there would be some unpleasant consequences).

For the record the first and fifth pictures that DM claim are of Kate with William are not that must be a friend or bodyguard or w/e cause Wills is wearing red pants and this guy is wearing black pants.It's sad but I could tell it wasn't him when I looked at his lips.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom