Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brain is fried right now when did she last wear this outfit?

KAtherine Hooker Coat worn at 2011 Garter Ceremony; Hat at 2011 Derby and Dress at polo match in california.:flowers:

KAtherine Hooker Coat worn at 2011 Garter Ceremony; Hat at 2011 Derby and Dress at polo match in california.:flowers:

Very quick with the info, cepe, thanks! :flowers:

Kate gets criticism for dressing older than her age, but I'd rather that than to see her turning up looking like Lady Kitty Spencer.

I think the Spencer girls always look nice. They are young and beautiful and have great bodies. They are not married to a future king so why should they dress like matrons? To me they look like ordinary early 20 something ladies.

Yes, Karen Gordon is the Earl's latest wife. And I wonder what tiara the bride is wearing; it's certainly not the famous Spencer tiara that we've seen Diana wear over the years.

wow!!! for me, a diana's fan from my soul, is so so nice see wills and harry in a spencer's family event. I remenber the last time was in frances's funeral. because don't attend to the wedding of the eral spencer. it's really nice. wills and hary look so natural. and all the spencer girls hace thesame face!!!

It's so nice to see William and Harry spending time with their mother's family. I didn't realise that Earl Spencer and his new wife were expecting a baby.

I do assume we're talking about Earl Spencer's wife and not Catherine. There's nothing wrong with her being pregnant, the situation was never announced so posters are surprised. The couple only got married less than a year ago.

This was announced in early February, and was noted in Earl Spencer's thread at that time. Certainly no one thinks there is anything wrong with her being pregnant.

Yes, Karen Gordon is the Earl's latest wife. And I wonder what tiara the bride is wearing; it's certainly not the famous Spencer tiara that we've seen Diana wear over the years.

Baroness, I read somewhere that the tiara is from the McQuordale family.

Maybe the bride didn't want to wear such a famous tiara as the Spencer, or perhaps her uncle didn't offer?

Last edited:
I think that only the spencer can marriage with the spencer tiara. like sarah, victoria, jane and diana. may be the future 10 earl spencer loise wife married him with that tiara.

Baroness, I read somewhere that the tiara is from the McQuordale family.

Maybe the bride didn't want to wear such a famous tiara as the Spencer, or perhaps her uncle didn't offer?

Thanks for that tidbit of information, Mirabel. If Earl Spencer did offer it to her to wear, I wouldn't blame her if she opted for the one she did. I think sighting of that famous tiara would have likely overwhelmed the event; then the media would most likely have been screaming headlines about William's reaction upon seeing the Spencer tiara.

Last edited:
The son is from his second marriage?

So nice to see such a happy and pretty bride and wonderful she's recovered from cancer.
No sister Jane?(aunt Jane)

Today at nottingham with the Queen from 11am (from Paris)

Yep so reminder it starts 10:05am Uk time 2:05am PST and 5:05am EST I believe all posts go in the BRF current events thread. That's where you'll find my updates in a few hours

I am posting this here as both will be at this event. Please feel free to move it if necessary!

@RE_DailyMail: Prince William, Earl of Strathearn, to be made a Knight of the Thistle by the Queen on July 5 at St Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh.

@RE_DailyMail: Kate as Countess of Strathearn will be there. The Order of the Thistle is Scotland's oldest order of chivalry

What a great honor for William! I think I read that it will be private. Too bad, it would have been great to see how proud they will be!

What a great honor for William! I think I read that it will be private. Too bad, it would have been great to see how proud they will be!

There will be pictures from the Thistle ceremony in general, but not from the actual installation ceremony, which is private.

The Queen installs the newly appointed members in a private ceremony at the beginning of the Service of the Thistle. When the Queen and Prince Philip arrive, the Chancellor of the Thistle, the Dean of the Thistle and the Secretary of the Thistle lead them to the Signet Library, where Knights and Ladies of the Order have already gathered. Her Majesty then installs new Knights and/or Ladies, and then the procession consisting of the entire party proceeds to Chapel of the Order of the Thistle of St. Giles' Cathedral, where other parts of the Service take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom