The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Here we go..
Quote:
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #royal late start for me today - on the red carpet tonight with #William & #Kate at Royal Albert Hall for Team GB event #olympics
#royal #Olympics Ambassadors Duke & Duchess of Cambridge join their fellow Team GB Ambassadors at 'Our Greatest Team Rises' at Albert Hall
#royal #Olympics joining #William and #Kate will be @GBarlowOfficial & Sir Steve Redgrave, Dame Kelly Holmes & Denise Lewis + many more
Quote:
Rosie Nixon ‏ @Rosie_Nixon Hope the sun stays out for the red carpet arrivals tonight at the Royal Albert Hall for the big #TeamGB Olympics event. Packing my frock...
Quote:
Team GB ‏ @TeamGB The big day is finally here & even the sun is rising for @TeamGB & @ParalympicsGB ! Who's exciting for #OurGreatestTeamRises tonight?
Quote:
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Olympics for those wondering, there'll be no Prince #Harry at tonight's event at Royal Albert Hall, so no Usain Bolt posing!!
Quote:
Rosie Nixon ‏ @Rosie_Nixon We'll be mingling with William & Kate, @TeamGB @ParaolympicsGB @GBarlowOfficial & more. Going to be a stellar night - stay tuned! #olympics
OMG I never thought about this!!!!!(ok calm down, relax, breathe)

Quote:
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Olympics There's music a plenty tonight at Albert Hall - will we see #William & Kate's first dance together during performance?
Also looks like we'll be getting exclusive shots from Hello!
Quote:
Rosie Nixon ‏ @Rosie_Nixon @SkyNewsRoyal we're the official media partner so will be running around trying to appear calm! See you there for sure
Paul Harrison mentioned to me that considering how much they love Gary Barlow, it's gives us a higher chance of seeing them dancing. I mentioned that they didn't at the concert but then again maybe they'll feel more comfy dancing at a gala instead.

For those who don't remember, last time:
Quote:
During the concert William, Kate and Camilla could be seen clapping along to the music while Charles tapped his hand on the armrest of his chair.
Where as during Concert for Diana
Quote:
Kate, 29, showed herself to be a Take That fan in 2007 at the Wembley concert organized by William and Harry in memory of Princess Diana. She sang along to Back for Good.
And William famously danced along side his brother and friends that same day. They are both famous for loving to dance and have a good time in the past while out at clubs and parties.

Quote:
@RoyalKateDebate a bit of everything - music, speech from Prince William (early on) athletes & celebs, red carpet = TeamGB 'big-up' party.
Alright off to bed see ya guys at 9am PST!

Old 05-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Waiting forward to this event.
It would be absolutely wonderful if we actually saw William and Kate's first "official" dance, so to speak.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
Waiting forward to this event.
It would be absolutely wonderful if we actually saw William and Kate's first "official" dance, so to speak.
Shouldn't we have heard something from the event tonight by now?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

It starts at 6:30pm, it's only 5:30pm right now in London
Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
It starts at 6:30pm, it's only 5:30pm right now in London
Ah... I'm off an hr.... You had said 9am pst... I should have adjusted,we are on daylight savings. Just anxious :)
Old 05-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Ah... I'm off an hr.... You had said 9am pst... I should have adjusted,we are on daylight savings. Just anxious :)
Ya I messed up, I forgot we were on daylight savings Oh my mind is slipping.

So ok everything is set up and people should start arriving soon.

A picture from inside:
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamGB/status/200991876575281152/photo/1

It looks nice!

Amy Williams is leaving for the gala right now.

Some Important Info!!! For those who have BBC or ITV
Quote:
Craig Gibbons ‏ @CraigGibbons85 #OurGreatestTeamRises athletes will be on the red carpet and BBC/ITV news at 6pm. It's going to be a very special night!
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter There's a big media pack and a few curious onlookers outside the Royal Albert Hall, where William and Kate are due later at a gala dinner.
Quote:
Team GB ‏ @TeamGB Guests are starting to arrive here at the @royalalberthall for #ourgreatestteamrises very exciting!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Paul Harrison is on the red carpet and interviewing lots of athletes as and when he manages to nab them. Sky News are going back and forward to it. Paul said things were running a bit late.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm watching ITV though they're not showing much. I was watching BBC but they were just showing news at the time.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Can someone point out what the dress code is?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

From the pix I've seen long dresses and the men are in tux's
Quote:
Mark Stewart ‏ @RegalEyes Amongst the arrivals on the red carpet at the Olympic Gala are Dame Kelly Holmes, Sir Steve Redgrave and Holly Branson and Fred Andrews
More arrivals...I take it William and Kate should be there soon.

ugh I have to go and they're still not here yet! ugh ok well celebs are still arriving so I take it William and Kate won't arrive till all the atheletes and celebs are inside. I'm sure they're gonna give them the whole carpet to themselves. The host for the gala just arrived.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Men are in tuxes, some women are in floor length gowns, others are in shorter dresses.

BBC News should be better after 7pm, 6-7pm is the main news and sport. Keep an eye on it after 7pm. If not, Sky News is your best bet.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
More arrivals...I take it William and Kate should be there soon.

ugh I have to go and they're still not here yet! ugh ok well celebs are still arriving so I take it William and Kate won't arrive till all the atheletes and celebs are inside. I'm sure they're gonna give them the whole carpet to themselves. The host for the gala just arrived.
Thanks.
Usually how long after the event starts do the royals make their way (for an event like this)?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate's hair is UP! She's wearing a long turquoise dress. Absolutely gorgeous.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Could it be a Victoria Beckham dress? Does it have a zipper down the back?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
So we won't be hearing the Greek chorus from the updo brigade.
She did look quite nice from the brief glimpse I saw as they arrived.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Nobility

you are right, absolutly gorgeous. Her clutch is in the same gorgeous blue-green colour. Back of the dress : lace, sleeves short and in lace too,
Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Its said Kate is in Jenny Packham.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Nobility

jenny packmann
Old 05-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Could it be a Victoria Beckham dress? Does it have a zipper down the back?
I could be completely wrong, but the dress looked too floaty to be Victoria Beckham's. I didn't see the back of it.

The only thing I would say is, she doesn't seem to be wearing a necklace even though the dress has a V neck.

I thought she looked really, really stunning. I never thought her hair would look better up than down, but she looks great with it up this evening.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Nobility

Closed Thread