Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess of Cambridge breezes onto the polo pitch as young Royals show their competitive side during charity fundraiser in Ascot
Some really lovely pictures in the article, but this one of Harry and Lupo is my favourite. :)
Anyone who's so natural with babies and animals has to be a very good man indeed.

Oh, that is just too sweet :wub:. Harry's definitely got the touch with animals and kids, like his brother, sister-in-law, and many other members of the Royal Family.

My parents taught me that you can tell if a person is good by his interactions with animals and babies, and it is so true! Harry is proof!;)
Plus if that is not a moment straight off the TV show All Creatures Great and Small, then I don't know what is!:D:lol:

Oh, Harry was definitely pulling a Siegfried Farnon in that picture :D, and I'm in 100% agreement with your mother's assessment.

Gorgeous audience shot HD video from Friday's gala.
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Royal Albert Hall 11.05.12 HD - YouTube

DEAD! Video from the polo match!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktEUHeKWzs

This one appears to be from Saturday's match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYlLm8Uvkmo

The world exclusive photos from inside Friday's gala
Rosie Nixon ‏ @Rosie_Nixon Your VIP pass to join William, Kate & @TeamGB at the years starriest event exclusively in @hellomag http://yfrog.com/ocyqpurj
...And we'll have full coverage of Kate's sunny day out with Lupo to watch her Prince win the polo in next week's @hellomag
scaled.php

So now that I got all that out there time for me to go to bed as I haven't slept properly in 3 days

Last edited:
Thanks for the coverage, Ghost. I really like Ann Friel's dress from the polo match.

I'm thinking there were some weights in Catherine's dress. Even though it was a bit "blowy" given the obvious wind I think her skirt would have gone over her head, it lifted in rather unusual ways, I think. In any event, I love the dress, very pretty and it looked terrific on her.

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge aka Kate Middleton arrive at the Royal Albert Hall to attend 'Our Great Team Rises'
London, England - 11.05.12

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
seen exiting the Claridge's hotel
London, UK - 08.05.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=172126&version=uk

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arriving at Claridges hotel for an Advertising World dinner
London, England - 08.05.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=172111&version=uk

Last edited:
I wish I knew how to embedd this but a nice video from polo at the end of the article
Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge takes Lupo the dog to watch William and Harry play polo at Ascot | Mail Online

Same vid(I think) but alternative link incase you can't get the first one to work
http://www.princess-diana-remembere...liam-and-prince-harry-after-polo-victory.html

another vid here
http://www.hellomagazine.com/videos/watch/royalty/video/2012/05/14/1682/

OK so DO NOT buy Hello! it's just a repeat of the same pix we've all seen no new pictures. I dunno why they're calling it an exclusive.

Last edited:
I wish I knew how to embedd this but a nice video from polo at the end of the article
Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge takes Lupo the dog to watch William and Harry play polo at Ascot | Mail Online

Same vid(I think) but alternative link incase you can't get the first one to work
Kate has celebratory kiss for Prince William and Prince Harry after polo victory - Princess Diana Remembered

another vid here
A kiss for her Princes: Kate, William and Harry join stars at polo | hellomagazine.com

OK so DO NOT buy Hello! it's just a repeat of the same pix we've all seen no new pictures. I dunno why they're calling it an exclusive.

They're calling it 'exclusive' so that those who are not keeping up with the Cambridges the way that we are (meaning that we get our updates quicker, since we know where to look) go out and buy that particular issue. It's just another way for the magazine to make money. Great videos, by the way. Really enjoyed watching Will and Kate interact with each other. Really do love the prolonged kiss :wub: The way one of the spectators carried on about how muscular the players and the princes were, had me laughing :D. Very entertaining indeed.

Kate has celebratory kiss for Prince William and Prince Harry after polo victory - Princess Diana Remembered

another vid here
A kiss for her Princes: Kate, William and Harry join stars at polo | hellomagazine.com

Sooo Nice Videos , I Really enjoyed watching Them , So Nice When Kate give a Kiss To William & So Warm :flowers: Thank you for Posting

They're calling it 'exclusive' so that those who are not keeping up with the Cambridges the way that we are (meaning that we get our updates quicker, since we know where to look) go out and buy that particular issue. It's just another way for the magazine to make money. Great videos, by the way. Really enjoyed watching Will and Kate interact with each other. Really do love the prolonged kiss :wub: The way one of the spectators carried on about how muscular the players and the princes were, had me laughing :D. Very entertaining indeed.
Totally. I mean the one with all pics from the Millie awards now that one I'd call exclusive but not this. If anyone is interested in seeing it just PM me and I'll send you the link. I'd post it here but don't want to get into any trouble.

I knew I stayed awake very late every night for some reason...

Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter William, Kate and Harry will meet the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla on the Spirit of Chartwell and travel in the Thames flotilla June 3

Quote:
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #diamondjubilee #William, #Kate and #Princeharry will be alongside the Queen & DoE on royal barge on river pageant day

Are they going to be playing musical barges? Palmer places them on the Spirit of Chartwell whereas Harrison puts them on the royal barge. From what I've been reading over the past weeks is that the royal barge is called the Gloriana. Perhaps Wills, Kate and Harry will be with Charles and Camilla on the Spirit of Chartwell behind the royal barge?

I confuse early in the morning with so little coffee in me so far. :D

I have noo idea it's almost 2am here but lemme just msg them and ask.

Here's his answer
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter @Kristinazzz9191 It is confusing in that there is a royal row barge called Gloriana but the Queen etc will be on the Spirit of Chartwell.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter @Kristinazzz9191 The bigger Spirit of Chartwell is the main royal barge for the day. Gloriana is a new £1m row barge for future royal use.
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal @Kristinazzz9191 @royalreporter Spirit of Chartwell is royal barge - one in the same. Royal Yacht tender takes her to Chartwell from shore
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter @Kristinazzz9191. Didn't see his tweet but Queen won't be on Gloriana. Olympic rowers Pinsent, Redgrave etc will be on Gloriana..

Last edited:
Osipi said:
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter William, Kate and Harry will meet the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla on the Spirit of Chartwell and travel in the Thames flotilla June 3

Quote:
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #diamondjubilee #William, #Kate and #Princeharry will be alongside the Queen & DoE on royal barge on river pageant day

Are they going to be playing musical barges? Palmer places them on the Spirit of Chartwell whereas Harrison puts them on the royal barge. From what I've been reading over the past weeks is that the royal barge is called the Gloriana. Perhaps Wills, Kate and Harry will be with Charles and Camilla on the Spirit of Chartwell behind the royal barge?

I confuse early in the morning with so little coffee in me so far. :D

Spirit of Chartwell is the Gloriana. That's its name before it became the royal barge.
I don't think we can confirm where the royals are going to go until the day, lots of things can change and for security reasons imagine they won't be on the same boat.

Last edited:
Spirit of Chartwell is the Gloriana. That's its name before it became the royal barge.
Oh really cause Richard just told me the Gloriana is the new-er barge and that others will be on it while the Queen and her fam will be on Spirit of Chartwell which is the main royal barge(see post above yours.:flowers:#513) Ugh I'm so confused right now.:confused:

Last edited:
I have to agree, the commissioning of the Gloriana and WHO exactly will sail in her is really confusing. Then there is also the Spirit of Chartwell to consider. I think we will all have to wait and see what happens on the day.

The Gloriana, which has been built specifically for the Pageant (and will be gifted to the Queen afterwards), will not hold any member of the royal family. It will lead the Pageant, just ahead of the Spirit of Chartwell, and will be powered by 18 oarsmen. It can be seen here:

BBC News - Royal barge Gloriana launched on River Thames in London

The Spirit of Chartwell is the much larger pleasure cruiser, which has been decorated specially for the event, and will carry the senior royals. It will go back to being a Thames leisure boat after the event. It can be seen here:

REVEALED: THE ROYAL BARGE FOR THE THAMES DIAMOND JUBILEE PAGEANT - News - Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant

I think the confusion comes in the press referring to both vessels as 'the royal barge'.

The Gloriana, which has been built specifically for the Pageant (and will be gifted to the Queen afterwards), will not hold any member of the royal family. It will lead the Pageant, just ahead of the Spirit of Chartwell, and will be powered by 18 oarsmen. It can be seen here:

BBC News - Royal barge Gloriana launched on River Thames in London

The Spirit of Chartwell is the much larger pleasure cruiser, which has been decorated specially for the event, and will carry the senior royals. It will go back to being a Thames leisure boat after the event. It can be seen here:

REVEALED: THE ROYAL BARGE FOR THE THAMES DIAMOND JUBILEE PAGEANT - News - Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant

I think the confusion comes in the press referring to both vessels as 'the royal barge'.

Thank you for the pictures, and the clarification. Everything makes sense now.

Yeah thanks for the explanation EIIR I went to bed last night so confused.

Alright new magazine this week with again what they claim to be a world exclusive though tbh these pics I haven't seen. I'll download it later and check it out
HELLO1227_TODO--z.jpg

ghost_night554 said:
Alright new magazine this week with again what they claim to be a world exclusive though tbh these pics I haven't seen. I'll download it later and check it out

I haven't seen the cover picture before. I wanted to get last weeks issue but completely forgot, will have to get this one. Isn't the a magazine thread for them somewhere?

HELLO1227_TODO--z.jpg

I love that Hello is so enamored with Kate and has such great coverage of her events - really I do, it is one of the reasons I subscribed. There is always wonderful coverage of all of the royal events. However.... the Queen entertains 21 monarchs from around the world, has multiiple days of amazing photo ops celebrating her jubillee..... and the cover shot is W&K at a polo match - it just seems disrespectful. HM cant even make the cover on a Jubilee weekend.

I happen to work in the magazine industry and I understand the power of newsstand sales - and I am sure that every other magazine out there will cover the jubille events of the weekend - but still. It just seems wrong. just venting :ermm:

Oooh Gorgeous Picture , William & Kate Looks Sooo Nice , Indeed Very Tender Kiss , I always Love to see this Couple :in_love::heart: , Thank you for Posting MichelleQ2 :)

The headline is pretty funny! A tender kiss and so on and so on, all they did was kissing each other on the cheek when Kate presented the cup first to Harry (whom she also kissed) and then to Wills. :lol: But I guess they needed a great cover to increase their sales. :lol::lol::lol:

Oooh Gorgeous Picture , William & Kate Looks Sooo Nice , Indeed Very Tender Kiss , I always Love to see this Couple :in_love::heart: , Thank you for Posting MichelleQ2 :)

The thanks goes to ghost_night554; I just quoted in the reply - but it is a lovely cover

So Thank you Both ghost_night554 and You who reply it again MichelleQ2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom