Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow night's event isn't being shown live as far as I can see; possibly it's because it's actually a dinner and it would be awkward broadcasting a bunch of people eating.

There may be a highlights programme at a later date, otherwise I'm sure it'll be reported in news bulletins etc.

OK just checked Reuters and can't find it on the live stream but if any links pop up I'll post them.

Ok so as far as the event they will be treated to the first ever live performance of the TEAM GB single "One Vision"

Last edited:
soapstar said:
She's worn her hair up a few times. On her very first official engagement, during the Canada Day evening celebrations and also for Ascot. She also frequently does the hair half up thing. Like during the overseas tour and on some of her recent engagements.

I remember that Kate didn't look good with her hair up when she was wearing the purple dress; but that might have just been the overall look. When she wore it up at Ascot (I think that's what it's called) she looked very nice and pretty. I also feel most of her half up half down styles are beautiful; with the exception of her wedding hair.

OK just checked Reuters and can't find it on the live stream but if any links pop up I'll post them.

Ok so as far as the event they will be treated to the first ever live performance of the TEAM GB single "One Vision"

I didn't realize it was a dinner/supper thing, but thought it was a concert. Thanks for that information EIIR.

Thanks also for checking on that Ghost. I'm hoping at least the performance will pop up over at YouTube afterwards, as I'd expect the British Olympic Committee will want as many people as possible to hear it.

W/the lighting of the Flame in Olympia, Greece today the final countdown to the Games have started and I can't wait!! :D:D:D

I didn't realize it was a dinner/supper thing, but thought it was a concert. Thanks for that information EIIR.

Thanks also for checking on that Ghost. I'm hoping at least the performance will pop up over at YouTube afterwards, as I'd expect the British Olympic Committee will want as many people as possible to hear it.

W/the lighting of the Flame in Olympia, Greece today the final countdown to the Games have started and I can't wait!! :D:D:D
No prob! Everyone is going gaga over Gary Barlow performing so I imagine we may see his performance. I'm so excited as well stayed up and watched the lighting since I'm Greek everytime that flame is lit is such a proud moment for me. Slept at 3am last night so I'm beat and have a very early morning tomorrow with this appearance but that's ok and then afterwards I'm booked full all day eh it'sok I'll fall asleep in a day or so I'm used to it by now I figure by the time the Jubilee rolls around William and Kate will have killed my body, it'll be too confused with the times to function properly :lol:

Here we go..
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #royal late start for me today - on the red carpet tonight with #William & #Kate at Royal Albert Hall for Team GB event #olympics
#royal #Olympics Ambassadors Duke & Duchess of Cambridge join their fellow Team GB Ambassadors at 'Our Greatest Team Rises' at Albert Hall
#royal #Olympics joining #William and #Kate will be @GBarlowOfficial & Sir Steve Redgrave, Dame Kelly Holmes & Denise Lewis + many more
Rosie Nixon ‏ @Rosie_Nixon Hope the sun stays out for the red carpet arrivals tonight at the Royal Albert Hall for the big #TeamGB Olympics event. Packing my frock...
Team GB ‏ @TeamGB The big day is finally here & even the sun is rising for @TeamGB & @ParalympicsGB ! Who's exciting for #OurGreatestTeamRises tonight?
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Olympics for those wondering, there'll be no Prince #Harry at tonight's event at Royal Albert Hall, so no Usain Bolt posing!!
Rosie Nixon ‏ @Rosie_Nixon We'll be mingling with William & Kate, @TeamGB @ParaolympicsGB @GBarlowOfficial & more. Going to be a stellar night - stay tuned! #olympics
OMG I never thought about this!!!!!(ok calm down, relax, breathe)

Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Olympics There's music a plenty tonight at Albert Hall - will we see #William & Kate's first dance together during performance?
Also looks like we'll be getting exclusive shots from Hello!
Rosie Nixon ‏ @Rosie_Nixon @SkyNewsRoyal we're the official media partner so will be running around trying to appear calm! See you there for sure
Paul Harrison mentioned to me that considering how much they love Gary Barlow, it's gives us a higher chance of seeing them dancing. I mentioned that they didn't at the concert but then again maybe they'll feel more comfy dancing at a gala instead.

For those who don't remember, last time:
During the concert William, Kate and Camilla could be seen clapping along to the music while Charles tapped his hand on the armrest of his chair.
Where as during Concert for Diana
Kate, 29, showed herself to be a Take That fan in 2007 at the Wembley concert organized by William and Harry in memory of Princess Diana. She sang along to Back for Good.
And William famously danced along side his brother and friends that same day. They are both famous for loving to dance and have a good time in the past while out at clubs and parties.

@RoyalKateDebate a bit of everything - music, speech from Prince William (early on) athletes & celebs, red carpet = TeamGB 'big-up' party.
Alright off to bed see ya guys at 9am PST!

Last edited:
Waiting forward to this event.
It would be absolutely wonderful if we actually saw William and Kate's first "official" dance, so to speak.

Artemisia said:
Waiting forward to this event.
It would be absolutely wonderful if we actually saw William and Kate's first "official" dance, so to speak.

Shouldn't we have heard something from the event tonight by now?

ghost_night554 said:
It starts at 6:30pm, it's only 5:30pm right now in London

Ah... I'm off an hr.... You had said 9am pst... I should have adjusted,we are on daylight savings. Just anxious :)

Ah... I'm off an hr.... You had said 9am pst... I should have adjusted,we are on daylight savings. Just anxious :)
Ya I messed up, I forgot we were on daylight savings:lol: Oh my mind is slipping.

So ok everything is set up and people should start arriving soon.

A picture from inside:
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamGB/status/200991876575281152/photo/1

It looks nice!

Amy Williams is leaving for the gala right now.

Some Important Info!!! For those who have BBC or ITV
Craig Gibbons ‏ @CraigGibbons85 #OurGreatestTeamRises athletes will be on the red carpet and BBC/ITV news at 6pm. It's going to be a very special night!
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter There's a big media pack and a few curious onlookers outside the Royal Albert Hall, where William and Kate are due later at a gala dinner.

https://twitter.com/#!/TeamGB
Team GB ‏ @TeamGB Guests are starting to arrive here at the @royalalberthall for #ourgreatestteamrises very exciting!

Last edited:
Paul Harrison is on the red carpet and interviewing lots of athletes as and when he manages to nab them. Sky News are going back and forward to it. Paul said things were running a bit late.

I'm watching ITV though they're not showing much. I was watching BBC but they were just showing news at the time.

Can someone point out what the dress code is?

From the pix I've seen long dresses and the men are in tux's
Mark Stewart ‏ @RegalEyes Amongst the arrivals on the red carpet at the Olympic Gala are Dame Kelly Holmes, Sir Steve Redgrave and Holly Branson and Fred Andrews
More arrivals...I take it William and Kate should be there soon.

ugh I have to go and they're still not here yet! ugh ok well celebs are still arriving so I take it William and Kate won't arrive till all the atheletes and celebs are inside. I'm sure they're gonna give them the whole carpet to themselves. The host for the gala just arrived.

Last edited:
Men are in tuxes, some women are in floor length gowns, others are in shorter dresses.

BBC News should be better after 7pm, 6-7pm is the main news and sport. Keep an eye on it after 7pm. If not, Sky News is your best bet.

More arrivals...I take it William and Kate should be there soon.

ugh I have to go and they're still not here yet! ugh ok well celebs are still arriving so I take it William and Kate won't arrive till all the atheletes and celebs are inside. I'm sure they're gonna give them the whole carpet to themselves. The host for the gala just arrived.

Thanks.
Usually how long after the event starts do the royals make their way (for an event like this)?

Kate's hair is UP! She's wearing a long turquoise dress. Absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:
Kate's hair is UP! She's wearing a long turquoise dress. Absolutely gorgeous.

So we won't be hearing the Greek chorus from the updo brigade.:lol:
She did look quite nice from the brief glimpse I saw as they arrived.

you are right, absolutly gorgeous. Her clutch is in the same gorgeous blue-green colour. Back of the dress : lace, sleeves short and in lace too,

scaled.php
jenny packmann

Could it be a Victoria Beckham dress? Does it have a zipper down the back?

I could be completely wrong, but the dress looked too floaty to be Victoria Beckham's. I didn't see the back of it.

The only thing I would say is, she doesn't seem to be wearing a necklace even though the dress has a V neck.

I thought she looked really, really stunning. I never thought her hair would look better up than down, but she looks great with it up this evening.

I could be completely wrong, but the dress looked too floaty to be Victoria Beckham's. I didn't see the back of it.

Its Jenny Packham dress.
I do like the color, its a nice shade. The lace is quite pretty mixed in with the chiffon. I don't mind if she isn't wearing a necklace but I do hope she is wearing some eye-catching earrings.

The neckline on Kate's dress is not nearly so low cut as that one.

Didn't catch earrings.

https://twitter.com/#!/WhatKateWore/status/201012870362824704/photo/1/large
the dress in a different colour

I can't believe it!!!!
Its a dress (not color) I suggested for Kate a few weeks back :ohmy::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom