The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are the William and Kate wax figurines!
Kate Middleton and Prince William: Check Out Their Wax Job! - E! Online

And thank you cepe for the compliment. I love sharing any info about the couple I come across.And of course I love doing updates anytime they have an appearance. Your right I shouldn't be upset by the article. I think people in the Falklands are over reacting personally.

I think I just died laughing:
Quote:
#royal #Kate me, #William and Kate together at last!! http://pic.twitter.com/ylETmiFW

Old 04-04-2012, 02:46 AM
Royal Highness

Prince William & Kate Wax Job
http://images.eonline.com/eol_images...te.cm.4312.jpg

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/as...516c08d17f.jpg

I Think They Looks So Nice , I Think Great Job They Made , Kate Look Like Her More Than William .

Old 04-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Those figures are for the New York Madame Tussauds. Here are the wax figures for the London Madame Tussauds - a reproduction of the engagement press conference:

Kate Middleton and Prince William's 1m wax works - Mirror Online

I have to say, this particular Kate in the blue 'Issa' dress is absolutely astounding. I would've said that was actually Kate. Well done to all involved.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:11 AM
Aristocracy

i have to say i love everything kate wears well maybe not every thing i did not like that blue dress you the one her mother wore a few years ago to ascot look nice on her mom but look old on kate x x
Old 04-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Commoner

The new waxfigures in Daily Mail:
Kate Middleton and Prince William Madame Tussauds waxworks celebrate Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first wedding anniversary | Mail Online
I think it really looks like them.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The british ones are not bad. Regarding the NY ones I thought it was Liz Hurley and Shane Warne
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

The William's not brilliant, but I think the Kate is excellent. Apparently neither of them were able to actually sit for MT (even the Queen has done so in the past) but SJP gave them Kate's height.

It weirds me out the way the Daily Mail have Diana's wax figure gazing over at them in some of the photos. That's just wrong.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton Waxwork Unveiled

If you scroll down on this link you'll also see the Amsterdam figures, where Kate is wearing her lace Temperley dress. Again, the Kate figure is better than the William in my view.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

IMO William looks like cross between Peter Phillips & Viscount Linley.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Nobility

Do this wax figures wear original dresses from the mentioned designers or do they tailor replicas? (I suppose the Waxpuppets do NOT wear the dresses that were actually worn by the real person)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I believe the designers involved have made replicas of the gowns Kate was wearing. The blue engagement dress the wax figure is wearing has been made by Issa based on the original. Funnily, they don't have Kate's measurements as she bought the dress herself off the rack, all SJP would give MT was her height. The rest was apparently guess work.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Wax Kate really has an amazing resemblance to real Kate. And that's a fair resemblance to William; his toothy grin is certainly captured well enough!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

great the photo from the daily mail with harry and diana. I can't stop to cry.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

great great work!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Seem like they made her shorter base on this photo http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/mar...levePdO1rplecv
Old 04-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Not impressed with William's waxwork, but Kate's actually looks like her - it's easily one of the best royal waxworks currently on exhibition, certainly better than the figures of (I assume) Prince Harry and Diana in the background.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The New York ones will be unveiled tomorrow. I have read that the Duke and Duchess did not do a sitting for the waxwork but were somewhat involved in the making process.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The waxworks at at Madame Tussaud in Amsterdam.
- Comparison of Kate's waxwork and the original
- William and Kate's Amsterdam waxworks

- PPE pictures
- Article 1
- Article 2
Old 04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Serene Highness

Fabulous! I think they were all well done. What a nice tribute to the happy couple one year later. :)
Old 04-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess Kate: William and Kate Arrive at Madame Tussauds