Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_night554

Heir Apparent
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
Here are the William and Kate wax figurines!
Kate Middleton and Prince William: Check Out Their Wax Job! - E! Online

And thank you cepe for the compliment. I love sharing any info about the couple I come across.And of course I love doing updates anytime they have an appearance. Your right I shouldn't be upset by the article. I think people in the Falklands are over reacting personally.

I think I just died laughing:
https://twitter.com/#!/search/#royal
http://t.co/ylETmiFW

Last edited:
Those figures are for the New York Madame Tussauds. Here are the wax figures for the London Madame Tussauds - a reproduction of the engagement press conference:

Kate Middleton and Prince William's £1m wax works - Mirror Online

I have to say, this particular Kate in the blue 'Issa' dress is absolutely astounding. I would've said that was actually Kate. Well done to all involved.

i have to say i love everything kate wears well maybe not every thing i did not like that blue dress you the one her mother wore a few years ago to ascot look nice on her mom but look old on kate x x

The british ones are not bad. Regarding the NY ones I thought it was Liz Hurley and Shane Warne :D

The William's not brilliant, but I think the Kate is excellent. Apparently neither of them were able to actually sit for MT (even the Queen has done so in the past) but SJP gave them Kate's height.

It weirds me out the way the Daily Mail have Diana's wax figure gazing over at them in some of the photos. That's just wrong.

Kate Middleton Waxwork Unveiled

If you scroll down on this link you'll also see the Amsterdam figures, where Kate is wearing her lace Temperley dress. Again, the Kate figure is better than the William in my view.

IMO William looks like cross between Peter Phillips & Viscount Linley.

Do this wax figures wear original dresses from the mentioned designers or do they tailor replicas? (I suppose the Waxpuppets do NOT wear the dresses that were actually worn by the real person)

I believe the designers involved have made replicas of the gowns Kate was wearing. The blue engagement dress the wax figure is wearing has been made by Issa based on the original. Funnily, they don't have Kate's measurements as she bought the dress herself off the rack, all SJP would give MT was her height. The rest was apparently guess work.

Wax Kate really has an amazing resemblance to real Kate. And that's a fair resemblance to William; his toothy grin is certainly captured well enough!

Last edited:
great the photo from the daily mail with harry and diana. I can't stop to cry.

great great work!

Not impressed with William's waxwork, but Kate's actually looks like her - it's easily one of the best royal waxworks currently on exhibition, certainly better than the figures of (I assume) Prince Harry and Diana in the background.

The New York ones will be unveiled tomorrow. I have read that the Duke and Duchess did not do a sitting for the waxwork but were somewhat involved in the making process.

Fabulous! I think they were all well done. What a nice tribute to the happy couple one year later. :)

Those figures are for the New York Madame Tussauds. Here are the wax figures for the London Madame Tussauds - a reproduction of the engagement press conference:

Kate Middleton and Prince William's £1m wax works - Mirror Online

I have to say, this particular Kate in the blue 'Issa' dress is absolutely astounding. I would've said that was actually Kate. Well done to all involved.

The British ones look good (especially Kate). I'm not liking the one of William all that much though.

The british ones are not bad. Regarding the NY ones I thought it was Liz Hurley and Shane Warne :D

I'm not a fan of the ones for NY. No likeness whatsoever.

Last edited:
Yes, that is creepy. However, the whole wax thing is creepy to me.

They did give Kate (in the engagement reproduction) a figure.

That was pretty simple since she's already got one.

EIIR said:
That was pretty simple since she's already got one.

That's exactly what I was going to say. LoL
Either way I hate wax figures, especially of people who are still alive.

Last edited:
The British ones look good (especially Kate). I'm not liking the one of William all that much though.

I'm not a fan of the ones for NY. No likeness whatsoever.

When looking at the engagement photos with Kate in the blue dress, I thought she wasn't holding a purse during the "press conference". Why is she holding a purse in the blue dress, when in the "press conference" she didn't?

When looking at the engagement photos with Kate in the blue dress, I thought she wasn't holding a purse during the "press conference". Why is she holding a purse in the blue dress, when in the "press conference" she didn't?

Perhaps the sculptor wanted to use artistic license, though I cannot fathom why such would be necessary.

The wax figures are absolutely astonish, they are really good, except for the colour of their faces I think they 100% the same...:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom