Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have no idea where to put this but an amusing moment happened today in school with my 4th graders. They were reading a newsmagazine especially for children that was on England today. There was a picture of the Duke and Duchess with the caption 'Prince William and Catherine married a year ago...' A conversation broke out among a few of the children about whether 'Catherine' was a princess (I think the caption left some room for doubt). One of the boys looked at her picture and intoned: 'Naw, she's not a princess, she's too old to be a princess.' :huh: Campers, we don't have a prayer! :wacko: :p

Last edited:
Oooh, out of the mouths of babes! That shoots down any aspirations to the royal life for me.:sad:

Anyone who's over 16 is "old" from children's point of view. :lol:

Kate should give Lupo the shoes upon which to Choo.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Sad to say, but I agree. Those are not very pretty (or practical) shoes. I guess this makes me a person who's out of touch with the latest trends, but I'd be fearing for my life in stilts like that.

Have no idea where to put this but an amusing moment happened today in school with my 4th graders. They were reading a newsmagazine especially for children that was on England today. There was a picture of the Duke and Duchess with the caption 'Prince William and Catherine married a year ago...' A conversation broke out among a few of the children about whether 'Catherine' was a princess (I think the caption left some room for doubt). One of the boys looked at her picture and intoned: 'Naw, she's not a princess, she's too old to be a princess.' :huh: Campers, we don't have a prayer! :wacko: :p

Kids say the darnest things sometimes :D. I remember when I used to teach Church School at my grandmother's parish, the lead teacher in my classroom asked if any of the boys wanted to be 'gentlemen' and hold doors for us. One of the boys ran on ahead to hold the door that led outside, while another one stayed behind in the classroom. I was helping a little boy with special needs get his coat on, and then went ahead to wheel his stroller out of the classroom and into the hallway. The young man that stayed behind, held the classroom door open for me and as I was passing through said 'My Papa always tells me that we have to help old people'. Mind you, I was in my early twenties back then. I love the perceptions children have when it comes to age and regal status. They're amusing.

Another article from today
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Sparkling Kate puts best foot forward

Time for bed but before I head out
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter So all the photos focused on Kate but last night was really about William taking a step up as he prepares to celebrate his 30th birthday.
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter
Last night was the start of Prince William taking on more heavyweight duties and more than ever finding his own voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^I agree I would love to see her all dressed up with updo. I'm surprised she can wear her hair the same way for so long. I would have to at least but it up once in awhile, or add highlights or something,

Alright spoke with my contacts and tomorrow's event starts at 6:30 pm UK time but as of right now I have no idea when they will be arriving but I assume around that time. I can't see them arriving too late. So for conversion purposes that is 9:30am PST/12:30pm EST

^^^I agree I would love to see her all dressed up with updo. I'm surprised she can wear her hair the same way for so long. I would have to at least but it up once in awhile, or add highlights or something,

All of which she has done

^ People have a short term memory when it comes to the Duchess and the up-do that she has done and when she has color her hair.

^ People have a short term memory when it comes to the Duchess and the up-do that she has done and when she has color her hair.

True , but it was only last week.

I recall she had her hair up when they were in canada but to be honest it is rare to see her any other way except with hair down. I have to agree it would be nice if she would change her style a little more often. :)

She's worn her hair up a few times. On her very first official engagement, during the Canada Day evening celebrations and also for Ascot. She also frequently does the hair half up thing. Like during the overseas tour and on some of her recent engagements.

Last edited:
I wondered if people ask the Queens (Beatrix, Elizabeth) to change their hairstyle every time they left their house when they were younger?

She wore her hair up for the Canada Day evening celebrations and also for Ascot. She also frequently does the hair half up thing. She's worn it that way during the overseas tour and on some of her recent engagements.

I now want her to get a permanent hairstyle (Beatrix, Elizabeth) like Jackie Kennedy and Grace just to see how people would react

Probably not. But you can bet they commented on their hairstyles. And if there were online discussion boards at the time, their hairstyles would be discussed at length.
One could argue that everything we write here, whether a praise or a criticism, had already been posted by someone else. I suppose the only solution would be not to post at all, which would turn this into a very dull place indeed.

How about sharing opinions without trying to "convert" others? :)

She's worn her hair up a few times. On her very first official engagement, during the Canada Day evening celebrations and also for Ascot. She also frequently does the hair half up thing. Like during the overseas tour and on some of her recent engagements.

Oh ya forgot those two times well ok then I'd like to see her wear her hair up for a dinner and have a tiara. There that's more specific now :lol:

^Then she will be attention seeking when she's the only one with an up do and a tiara

:previous:Well, naturally, she'd wear a tiara during a tiara event when other royal ladies would be wearing them as well and have the appropriate hairstyle for it.

Last edited:
^Then she will be attention seeking when she's the only one with an up do and a tiara

She won't if the occasion requires a tiara. She's not going to be silly enough to turn up decked in jewels for a daytime event is she?

I'm sorry but I don't think post 1-20 saying "She should wear her hair up, she look like a five year old. Post 20-30 saying "she look great in green" make for a interesting conversation. It's the same post, it look more like sheep following the herd.

She won't if the occasion requires a tiara. She's not going to be silly enough to turn up decked in jewels for a daytime event is she?

With the way some people are going (at other forums also), they expected her to wear a tiara at every dinner events she goes too.

OT:beside, people have criticize Princess Mary because she supposedly wear to big of Tiara to events. That attention seeking :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ya sorry I meant to say for her to wear it up and with a tiara when the event actually calls for a tiara. :flowers:

I started all this by saying I wonder when she'll attend an event that allows for a tiara. Sorry if I've caused any problems. I was just feeling impatient and just felt like throwing it out there never meant to cause anything.

Last edited:
Oh ya forgot those two times well ok then I'd like to see her wear her hair up for a dinner and have a tiara. There that's more specific now :lol:

I'm looking forward to an updo with a tiara too. Heck, I'll even take the tiara with her hair down. I'm just excited about the prospect of seeing a tiara. :lol:

OT:beside, people have criticize Princess Mary because she supposedly wear to big of Tiara to events. That attention seeking :rolleyes:
Really? That's sad.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't think post 1-20 saying "She should wear her hair up, she look like a five year old. Post 20-30 saying "she look great in green" make for a interesting conversation. It's the same post, it look more like sheep following the herd.
When I express my personal opinion, I don't expect other people to "follow". However, I am interested in what others have to say, and so I read their comments.
Just to clarify: I have never attacked Kate personally, never used any derogatory language and hopefully, have been pretty objective in my comments. In fact, since I happen to like Kate and her style, I've probably been a bit biased to praise her even on occasions her choices were not quite to my taste.

As far as I can see, if you are bothered with repetitive comments, there are two options to help solve your problem:
- Appeal to moderators to delete all "repeating" comments
- Not to read the thread or comments in question

Well, naturally, she'd wear a tiara during a tiara event when other royal ladies would be wearing them as well and have the appropriate hairstyle for it.
Very well put, both of you.

Last edited:
With the way some people are going (at other forums also), they expected her to wear a tiara at every dinner events she goes too.

Well from what i've read they're not. They want to see Catherine in a tiara, I do as well. Mainly because she looked stunning on her wedding day and who doesn't want to see the british jewels? Also, when people make the same comment about her hair or liking her dress it's not "sheep" it's just having the same opinion.

Ya sorry I meant to say for her to wear it up and with a tiara when the event actually calls for a tiara. :flowers:

That comment wasn't aimed at you ghost, totally understand where you're coming from. :flowers:

Well from what i've read they're not. They want to see Catherine in a tiara, I do as well. Mainly because she looked stunning on her wedding day and who doesn't want to see the british jewels? Also, when people make the same comment about her hair or liking her dress it's not "sheep" it's just having the same opinion.

That comment wasn't aimed at you ghost, totally understand where you're coming from. :flowers:
Oh good. I was worried I may not have worded my original comment correctly.:flowers:

No, Ghost, your comment was perfectly understood the first time and I feel the same way about wanting a tiara event in order to see Kate in one, along with some stunning jewels, and a beautiful tiara hairdo.

Last edited:
Guys, can we get back to discussing what Will and Kate are up to please? I'm just as impatient as all of you for Kate and a tiara and an updo, but I am sick and tired of how some use such discussion to either complain about the discussion or to compare Kate to other Royal Ladies or the other nonsense that tends to pop up. Ghost, that's not directed at you nor to you Artemisia, as both of you stated your opinions clearly and they were pretty easy to understand.

Sorry if I stepped on some toes here, but I do hate it seeing a discussion turned into something nasty, as it's not fun reading.

Okay then...Today's a big day if you're like me and love the Olympics. W/the Torch having been officially lit today in Olympia, Greece and the Greek portion of the Torch Relay underway, the final countdown to the Summer Games has begun. :eek:D :eek:D :eek:D I can't wait for tomorrow's event and I hope it's streamed somewhere for those of us outside of the UK to watch.

For me, not just to see William and Kate, but also to hear Alfie Boe sing. Adore that man's voice. :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom