The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Daily Mail article: Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge wears vintage tennis style at Wimbledon | Mail Online

I thought they were supposed to be in Scotland?
Probably because of coming Olympics, Royal members are coming out one-by-one to attend these sports events.

Whenever it comes to Dailymail article, I seldom read the article itself, usually go directly to the comment section, which is always the most wonderful part of Dailymail. It's funny to see people can be so hostile to one person out of no reason. And some people just start to speculate there are some issues between William and Kate because William kissed Graff but not Kate. Too much imagination here. I think Kate and William haven't carried out many Royal duties so far mainly due to they don't want to upstage the senior members of the family.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Or it's got nothing to do with the Olympics and Catherine and William like tennis perhaps?

Old 07-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida

Probably because of coming Olympics, Royal members are coming out one-by-one to attend these sports events.

Whenever it comes to Dailymail article, I seldom read the article itself, usually go directly to the comment section, which is always the most wonderful part of Dailymail. It's funny to see people can be so hostile to one person out of no reason. And some people just start to speculate there are some issues between William and Kate because William kissed Graff but not Kate. Too much imagination here. I think Kate and William haven't carried out many Royal duties so far mainly due to they don't want to upstage the senior members of the family.
I try to avoid the comments in the Daily Mail. They are so much the ravings of madmen. The idea that there are problems with Will & Kate because he kissed Graf in greeting is preposterous. We didn't see Will greet Kate today as he probably rolled over in bed and planted one on her among other things.

I apologize if this is off topic.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
I try to avoid the comments in the Daily Mail. They are so much the ravings of madmen. The idea that there are problems with Will & Kate because he kissed Graf in greeting is preposterous. We didn't see Will greet Kate today as he probably rolled over in bed and planted one on her among other things.

I apologize if this is off topic.
Love it .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince Harry's non-stop Olympics agenda revealed - Mirror Online

Video from yesterday

Sorry for the terrible quality it's not my vid

Quote:
Heather84a ‏@Heather84A I find it endearing that Federer told the press that it was not important to say what his conversation w/ W&K was about. #ClassyRoger
Old 07-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Or it's got nothing to do with the Olympics and Catherine and William like tennis perhaps?
Well it is very much possible. Tennis is very exciting and attracting. And a lot people love this sport.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton's fashion hits and misses in pictures - Fashion Galleries - Telegraph
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding a Cambridge pregnancy have been deleted as off topic.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Nobility

I am torn about this. Sad for the invasion of privacy but excited for the pictures... http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2...on-photos.html

Can they legally do anything about it?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm a bit uncomfortable with these pictures. It's pretty clear William and Kate had no idea whatsoever that they were being photographed. I'll be very surprised if these get anywhere near any British publication, but the royals can't do much about overseas media.

On a shallow note, I will say William may be losing his hair but he's got a very attractive physique.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Wasn't there honeymoon in April?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
I am torn about this. Sad for the invasion of privacy but excited for the pictures... Duchess Kate: William and Kate's Honeymoon Photos

Can they legally do anything about it?
The woman's body does not look like it would be Catherine's. What we have seen of the Duchess arms and legs although slim not as muscular as the picture. The picture shows a female athletes body.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

They know, as any A+ celebrity, that they will be photographed when giving the opportunity = being outside.

I dont have any problem with the pictures because they are taken outside on a beach. It may not be a public beach, but its still a beach. I personally draw the line eg when it comes to creepy pictures like Diana in the fitness studio.

I do think the woman is Kate, her body is quite body-builderish.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Their honeymoon was in May last year, but the photos are only coming out now for whatever reason.

I think that is Kate's body. She'd obviously lost a bit of weight in the run up to the wedding, but she's always had kind of narrow hips. She's a regular gym user and is obviously physically fit, as is William as these photos show.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
The woman's body does not look like it would be Catherine's. What we have seen of the Duchess arms and legs although slim not as muscular as the picture. The picture shows a female athletes body.
Agreed, the body is photoshopped. Catherine does not have abs like those.

And sorry, but I don't agree that William has a great physique. I expected better for a 28-year-old military officer. Not buff or model-like, but definitely not that.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Courtier

I also think it is photoshop.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Agreed, the body is photoshopped. Catherine does not have abs like those.
Really? I assume you saw her abs recently then? When did that happen and what did her abs look like when you got a look at them?
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
The woman's body does not look like it would be Catherine's. What we have seen of the Duchess arms and legs although slim, not as muscular as the picture. The picture shows a female athletes body.
I can only see the one picture from the cover and my first reaction was that it wasn't Kate because of the face. It doesn't look like Kate to me. There was something odd about it - and now people mention the body. Maybe it was that. She doesn't look 'right' beside William - the proportions are wrong - Kate is a more slight figure beside William.

These coming out a year later is suspicious. The resort where they stayed has their reputation riding on the fact that A-Listers can be guaranteed privacy. Highly unlikely that anyone got as close as this photo indicates - unless we are seeing a friend's/bodyguard's snap shots, or an unscrupulous employee (though I suspect there are protocols to ensure that employees are not on-site with personal cameras). Somehow, given William's radar on this sort of thing - I find it highly dubious that someone slipped the fence, though it's not impossible, of course - but then, why wait? These would have been hot-hot snaps a year ago - why wait? British tabloids would have paid mountains of money for such (legitimate) pictures.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Really? I assume you saw her abs recently then? When did that happen and what did her abs look like when you got a look at them?
Around the same time you got such a good look at her body that you can speak so confidently about it. I'm going by the pictures of them in Mustique in January (is that recently enough for you?) where you can see, besides the difference in muscle tone, that Catherine has an 'innie' not an 'outie' and is in reality more well-endowed than the "honeymoon" pictures show.

Wow, how sad that I had to dissect a picture so much just to assure you. I never once said that Catherine didn't have a good body or was physically fit, just that photoshopping had occurred.

BTW thank you once again for using one of my posts to point out that one must be William and Catherine's inner circle if you don't believe/agree with the contents of a post.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate is walking further from the water than William, meaning where she's walking is slightly higher up then where William is. The beach is shelving down to the water and it gives Kate the impression of being the same height as William which we know she isn't.

The photos look like long lense shots to me. The photographer could hundreds of metres from William and Kate poking out of a bush and they wouldn't know it. Or maybe a staff member or fellow guest took them. The hotel might be able to prevent their staff bringing cameras to work, but every mobile phone is a camera nowadays.

British tabloids wouldn't have paid any money at all for these snaps because as soon as they'd buy them them the royals would either take out an injunction to prevent their publication or have them in court for invasion of privacy. These pictures will never see the light of day in a British publication.