The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Duchess of Cambridge to present Prince William with her first royal portrait as a birthday gift
Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge has been sitting for her first royal portrait.
The artist in question is Welsh born Nicky Philipps and it has been reported that the Duchess has made four secret visits to Philipps' South Kensington studio while husband Prince William is on a tour of duty in The Falklands. The painting is said to have cost £25,000 and been paid for by the Prince of Wales. It is likely to be a birthday gift for Prince William to be presented on the occasion of his official 30th birthday in June.

Well, there goes the surprise, if true.
On another note, it is really nice of Prince Charles to pay for his daughter-in-law's portrait, whether a birthday portrait or not.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Duchess of Cambridge to present Prince William with her first royal portrait as a birthday gift

Well, there goes the surprise, if true.
On another note, it is really nice of Prince Charles to pay for his daughter-in-law's portrait, whether a birthday portrait or not.
A lovely gesture. This is a gift that will last a lifetime and beyond.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

It'll definitely be interesting to see the artist's rendition of Kate.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Painting of Duchess of Cambridge

This story has been in most of the UK papers today, including The Sun
Kate Middleton’s birthday present for Prince William | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre

Very funny if you look at the readers comments because some of them thought the Sun "mock-up" was the real painting.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Hopefully, the real deal will be a lot better than the mock up.
People who comment on articles without bothering to read them first really do get on my nerves.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The Sun (in case you don't know) is a tabloid with lots of pictures and very few words lol

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: William and Kate plan secret romantic weekend for first wedding anniversary

Quote:
They have two joint official royal engagements in the last week of April. A visit to Cambridge, the city that gave them their royal titles on their wedding day, is in the pipeline.
There will also be official duties promoting the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the run-up to this summer’s London Games.
But their focus remains William’s career as an RAF search-and-rescue pilot, with Kate’s support at their farmhouse in north Wales.
Both recognise that children will not be too far off.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Majesty

Sounds like a good plan to me. Hopefully there won't be any leaks about their location for the anniversary weekend. It's their private time, so there's no need for anyone to know anything about it (wonder how the news of anything in the works got out to begin with).

Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

STAR Magazine: Hottest Celeb website :: Breaking News :: Prince William and Duchess Catherine: "kindest people"
Old 04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe
This story has been in most of the UK papers today, including The Sun
Kate Middleton’s birthday present for Prince William | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre

Very funny if you look at the readers comments because some of them thought the Sun "mock-up" was the real painting.
Can't wait to see how it turns out
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Reunited on the slopes: William and Kate share an intimate family holiday after missing Valentine's Day while apart for six weeks
Quote:
The pair spent long six weeks apart, missing their first Valentine's Day as a married couple while the Prince was flying a helicopter for the RAF in the Falklands. But it looks as though Prince William has more than made up for his absence to the Duchess of Cambridge, as the pair were reunited with a much-needed holiday in the renowned Trois Vallees ski resort. The couple took to the slopes accompanied by Kate's mother and father Carole and Michael, and her brother James and sister Pippa.
The comments at the end of the article are quite nasty but not unexpected.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Serene Highness

meanwhile the duchess of cambridge now has a wax figure that stands alongside her husband william, I was surprised how well a job they did at creating their likenesses in wax.
Video: Madame Tussauds: amazing demand for Kate and William waxworks - Telegraph
Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
What were the nasty comments? I didn't read any.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
What were the nasty comments? I didn't read any.
Well, most of the top comments (so far) can hardly be called favourable:
- Kate and Will's budget for breaks is quite small....oh pull the other one! You'll have me weeping.. - Ruth, Pukekohe, 9/4/2012 6:07
- Glad to see they all had another holiday. I can't afford my utility bills, but at least my taxes are not going to waste! - Georgie, London, 9/4/2012 5:20
- It's about time the Windsors and the rest of the billionaires are stripped of their undeserved wealth. Viva la revolution. - Michael, Liverpool, 9/4/2012 5:37

Incidentally, at least three (highly) negative comments have been deleted since the article was first posted.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Serene Highness

Oh, I thought you meant comments at the end of the actual article - you meant the reader comments after the article. Okay.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Courtier

Rich people need to keep spending or more people will lose their jobs.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Oh, I thought you meant comments at the end of the actual article - you meant the reader comments after the article. Okay.
My bad; should have explained myself better.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Rich people need to keep spending or more people will lose their jobs.
Not quite the way it works. Threadnap: we could take it to another thread - new one - in the discussions section at the bottom of the main page. An idea.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Well, most of the top comments (so far) can hardly be called favourable:
- Kate and Will's budget for breaks is quite small....oh pull the other one! You'll have me weeping.. - Ruth, Pukekohe, 9/4/2012 6:07
- Glad to see they all had another holiday. I can't afford my utility bills, but at least my taxes are not going to waste! - Georgie, London, 9/4/2012 5:20
- It's about time the Windsors and the rest of the billionaires are stripped of their undeserved wealth. Viva la revolution. - Michael, Liverpool, 9/4/2012 5:37

Incidentally, at least three (highly) negative comments have been deleted since the article was first posted.
The usual vitriol from the usual jealous individuals who just need to take their own anger on someone else (best be someone they don't know, because I bet if they said something of the sort to their friends/significant others that have gone on a holiday, there would be some unpleasant consequences).

Old 04-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

For the record the first and fifth pictures that DM claim are of Kate with William are not that must be a friend or bodyguard or w/e cause Wills is wearing red pants and this guy is wearing black pants.It's sad but I could tell it wasn't him when I looked at his lips.