The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
First proper pro photo
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...j7n8o1_400.jpg

Her shoes are Jimmy Choo
Kate should give Lupo the shoes upon which to Choo.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

catherine look so perfect! both look beautiful

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
First proper pro photo
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...j7n8o1_400.jpg

Her shoes are Jimmy Choo
They are really cute together, and I love the dress!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Mark Stewart ‏ @RegalEyes An eclectic mix at Claridge's tonight with the DoCs incl Lord Puttnam, Alastair Campbell, Michael Grade, Gary Lineker,the Bishop of London
Mark Stewart ‏ @RegalEyes & S Australian Premier Jay Weatherill who extended an invitation to Will & Kate to visit Down Under

Mark Stewart ‏ @RegalEyes A few familiar faces too for Kate: Edward van Cutsem,Susannah Warren, Tom Bradby & wife Claudia with whom Kate worked with whilst at Jigsaw
A few more pix as well
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge at Claridges | MARK CUTHBERT – PHOTOGRAPHER

Duchess of Cambridge: a dream in cream - Telegraph
Kate Middleton Photos - Kate Middleton and Prince William as They Arrive for the Thirty Club - Zimbio

Some NEWS
Windsor | Areas | Windsor News | WindsorExpress | Duke and Duchess of Cambridge set to attend Windsor Castle banquet
Old 05-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Video of their arrival this evening
Will and Kate arrive at luxury hotel Claridge's - ITV News
(scroll to the bottom of the page)

The dress is Roland Mouret(Picture from inside the dinner in the link)
http://whatkatewore.com/2012/05/08/k...y-club-dinner/

I thought I'd be here for Friday's gala but I dunno if I will. I have a brunch date with my friends at 11am(PST) So I'm hoping they'll have atleast arrived to the gala by 10:30am but I'll confirm once I get times from my contacts
Old 05-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

Have no idea where to put this but an amusing moment happened today in school with my 4th graders. They were reading a newsmagazine especially for children that was on England today. There was a picture of the Duke and Duchess with the caption 'Prince William and Catherine married a year ago...' A conversation broke out among a few of the children about whether 'Catherine' was a princess (I think the caption left some room for doubt). One of the boys looked at her picture and intoned: 'Naw, she's not a princess, she's too old to be a princess.' Campers, we don't have a prayer!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Oooh, out of the mouths of babes! That shoots down any aspirations to the royal life for me.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Anyone who's over 16 is "old" from children's point of view.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Kate should give Lupo the shoes upon which to Choo.
Sad to say, but I agree. Those are not very pretty (or practical) shoes. I guess this makes me a person who's out of touch with the latest trends, but I'd be fearing for my life in stilts like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Have no idea where to put this but an amusing moment happened today in school with my 4th graders. They were reading a newsmagazine especially for children that was on England today. There was a picture of the Duke and Duchess with the caption 'Prince William and Catherine married a year ago...' A conversation broke out among a few of the children about whether 'Catherine' was a princess (I think the caption left some room for doubt). One of the boys looked at her picture and intoned: 'Naw, she's not a princess, she's too old to be a princess.' Campers, we don't have a prayer!
Kids say the darnest things sometimes . I remember when I used to teach Church School at my grandmother's parish, the lead teacher in my classroom asked if any of the boys wanted to be 'gentlemen' and hold doors for us. One of the boys ran on ahead to hold the door that led outside, while another one stayed behind in the classroom. I was helping a little boy with special needs get his coat on, and then went ahead to wheel his stroller out of the classroom and into the hallway. The young man that stayed behind, held the classroom door open for me and as I was passing through said 'My Papa always tells me that we have to help old people'. Mind you, I was in my early twenties back then. I love the perceptions children have when it comes to age and regal status. They're amusing.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Another article from today
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Sparkling Kate puts best foot forward

Time for bed but before I head out
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter So all the photos focused on Kate but last night was really about William taking a step up as he prepares to celebrate his 30th birthday.
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter
Last night was the start of Prince William taking on more heavyweight duties and more than ever finding his own voice.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended the charity event at Claridge's Hotel in London
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

^^^I agree I would love to see her all dressed up with updo. I'm surprised she can wear her hair the same way for so long. I would have to at least but it up once in awhile, or add highlights or something,
Old 05-10-2012, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Alright spoke with my contacts and tomorrow's event starts at 6:30 pm UK time but as of right now I have no idea when they will be arriving but I assume around that time. I can't see them arriving too late. So for conversion purposes that is 9:30am PST/12:30pm EST
Old 05-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
^^^I agree I would love to see her all dressed up with updo. I'm surprised she can wear her hair the same way for so long. I would have to at least but it up once in awhile, or add highlights or something,
All of which she has done
Old 05-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Courtier

^ People have a short term memory when it comes to the Duchess and the up-do that she has done and when she has color her hair.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
^ People have a short term memory when it comes to the Duchess and the up-do that she has done and when she has color her hair.
True , but it was only last week.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

I recall she had her hair up when they were in canada but to be honest it is rare to see her any other way except with hair down. I have to agree it would be nice if she would change her style a little more often. :)
Old 05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

She's worn her hair up a few times. On her very first official engagement, during the Canada Day evening celebrations and also for Ascot. She also frequently does the hair half up thing. Like during the overseas tour and on some of her recent engagements.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Courtier

I wondered if people ask the Queens (Beatrix, Elizabeth) to change their hairstyle every time they left their house when they were younger?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
She wore her hair up for the Canada Day evening celebrations and also for Ascot. She also frequently does the hair half up thing. She's worn it that way during the overseas tour and on some of her recent engagements.
I now want her to get a permanent hairstyle (Beatrix, Elizabeth) like Jackie Kennedy and Grace just to see how people would react