Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice of William and Kate to write to the residents of Swan Lake. It's an unfortunate fact that the 24 hour news cycle moves on so quickly from catastrophes like this; you get a few days of coverage and then it's forgotten.

Maybe William and Kate will visit again when the rebuilding is complete.

Hello! I am new here.

I wanted to mention I like Kate and William very much. Such a lovely couple and I have such high hopes for them in their future role. I know someone who knows someone who met them on one of their public appearances together, and he reported that they are a couple who are completely comfortable with each other, a bit like old shoes.

Some people suggest that Kate is lucky to have found a prince, but I think that he is equally lucky to have found her. It must be very difficult to ease into that role, and I think that she is managing to do so gracefully.

I agree with the posters that her appearances are few and far between right now so as not to overshadow the senior members of the BRF. All around, they are trying to ensure she is NOT Diana, which is better for all involved, and all relationships involved.

Last edited:
I agree with you. William is quite a catch but he is lucky to have found a woman who is able to be his strength as not only his wife but his friend. I think Catherine is an intelligent young woman who is able to help him when it comes to some of the decisions that are made. The saying that behind every great man is a great woman is true, and what a team they will be. :)

I thought this was a cute photo happy it finally surfaced. The Duchess at Our Greatest Team Rises with her Team GB scarf
http://www.ourgreatestteamrises.com/large/onEdition_7542.jpg
Some pics from someone who sat above the royal table(if you look real well you can make out who's who)
Baby Baby: Our Greatest Team Rises

William chatting with a fellow guest
http://www.ourgreatestteamrises.com/large/DHB_0702.jpg
The couple entering the hall(we've seen many versions of this one but still thought I'd post since it's a not diff then the others)
http://www.ourgreatestteamrises.com/large/onEdition_7300.jpg

Last edited:

That's an interesting article and indicates how much William and Kate are stepping up their level of appearances as well as taking more prominent roles in ceremonies and public outings since the Queen is concentrating more on family members in the direct line of succession. I wonder how much they're looking forward to getting back to their quiet life in Anglesey after this hectic Jubilee year and Olympics.

My personal opinion is that there quiet life in Anglesey is slowly coming to an end.

So their "honeymoon" period of a couple of years of quiet living may be a thing of the past, most likely.

Exactly! They still have a little time so they may as well enjoy it.

My personal opinion is that there quiet life in Anglesey is slowly coming to an end.

I think you're on the right track, especially if the Royal Family is going towards the idea of downsizing and such. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling after this year, they'll be in London a lot more, doing engagements and such. Their Kensington Palace apartment will be ready relatively soon, so they'll have a permanent base in London. I know that we were led to believe that they'll be living quietly for the first couple of years, and concentrating on starting a family, but with Prince Philip's health scare, that may not be a possibility any longer. Not that Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh will go into retirement, but they do need to slow down at least a little bit. This means that William and Catherine will have to step up. Maybe, and this is just my thought, Catherine's success and ease when it comes to performing royal duties has something to do with this decision as well. They wanted to take it easy in order to make sure that she was ready to be a working royal, and she has really exceeded all expectations. She did a great job with her first public speech and her solo engagements were pretty flawless. She was able to do appearances with the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh and didn't step out of line. The family may feel that there's no reason to really hold her up. Again, just my thoughts here. There's no proof anywhere in the press that this is indeed the case.

Yup, I think your right. I think they will be in London and doing more appearances than before. In the interview William admitted that he somewhat knows where his life is headed. He said he has made a decision, sort of . I think he is going to give up the military in order to become a full time working royal and have a baby.

I think the real determining point will be when they start a family, they won't be as portable as they are now where they can pop back and forth btw wales and London. Once a baby is in the mix, Kate will be more anchored to London. I can see William trying to extend his military service,but it may be to one of the positions based in or closer to London. Unfortunately for them I think their days of living remotely in Anglesey are coming to an end.

Yup, I think your right. I think they will be in London and doing more appearances than before. In the interview William admitted that he somewhat knows where his life is headed. He said he has made a decision, sort of . I think he is going to give up the military in order to become a full time working royal and have a baby.

Who knows if it hasn't to do with the fact that Catherine has so easily come into her own as a member of the RF? I never bought into the Lazy Kate-stuff but thought that it was William's wish to give her and them time to come to terms with their future. It obviously went well and Catherine seems happy to do public engagements and work for "The firm". Next important step of course is becoming parents and that will be easier for both of them if William stops working as a pilot and starts doing only Royal duties - he then is more in control of his time than now.

If they became parents while he is still working at the RAF and Catherine and he are doing the occasional Royal duty, then it means that they need to have a staffed nursery immediately because they can't cope with all that plus a baby on their own. OTOH if they start becoming working Royals they could organize their family life with only part-time help in London, so be a real family with a trusted babysitter for their evenings out.

A quote from a DM-article:

Of course, all this is conjecture. But as William said in his TV interview this week, it would have been ‘fantastic’ if Diana had been here now.
And such fun.

I personally think that William is only too happy that this kind of "media fun" is not going to happen.
Lovely photos of Diana and Kate. Thank you.

That will be lovely if William & Catherine are going to have a baby soon.

Kataryn said:
A quote from a DM-article:

Of course, all this is conjecture. But as William said in his TV interview this week, it would have been ‘fantastic’ if Diana had been here now.
And such fun.

Read more: So how would Diana have coped with Kate? William says he wishes his mother had met Kate. But would the original royal fashion icon have seen her as an ally - or rival? | Mail Online

I personally think that William is only too happy that this kind of "media fun" is not going to happen.

Awww! Nice article!

Nice article, but I do think that they bypass the things that would have been different if Diana had been alive.
The mother's role that Charles has would not have been neccessary, as he would have shared tasks with D.
Likewise W's relationship with the Middletons will have been different, I think.

I agree with Princess Peach - I think this couple is solid...they took their time to get to know one another; they seem to put others first; they have a sense of humor; they seem to know their roles; and they seem to enjoy each other's company. If they stay on track thru life's inevitable ups and downs as has the Queen for 60+ years, the British monarchy will be the better...

all the think would be different with diana live. Yes, the article the mail is great, I have a lot of pictures do for my with comparations with diana and kate close. very similar.

That's great! Thanks Artemisia! I kinda hope one or two pics of Kate also pop up in time.

Anyone know how to watch the interview in the UK. At the moment it cannot be watched OUTSIDE the USA?

I wish I could bypass the stupid ABC player blocking me ugh.I wanna rip the whole 82 min program for those who couldn't see it but I can't. If any of our kind American friends have access and are willing to try and rip it for us please go ahead. I recommend using either stream transport or download helper if your on firefox. If you need help on ripping pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom