Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I understand what you mean and it's obvious that Will and Kate extremely value their privacy and are trying to lead as normal a life as possible. To this end, the couple seems to be really hunkering down and keeping out of the public eye - quite successfully, I might add. But it is nice to see the couple not just on the formal occasions, but informal as well. And I don't mean in an intrusive way, although when you're high profile you do have to run the gamut of the news media and cameras in your everyday life. So I guess several of us are just champing at the bit because of their absence, would certainly like the occasional sighting and going through a bit of withdrawal until the next scheduled appearance.

:previous: I understand what you mean and it's obvious that Will and Kate extremely value their privacy and are trying to lead as normal a life as possible. To this end, the couple seems to be really hunkering down and keeping out of the public eye - quite successfully, I might add. But it is nice to see the couple not just on the formal occasions, but informal as well. And I don't mean in an intrusive way, although when you're high profile you do have to run the gamut of the news media and cameras in your everyday life. So I guess several of us are just champing at the bit because of their absence, would certainly like the occasional sighting and going through a bit of withdrawal until the next scheduled appearance.

I share your sentiments. I would love to see more of them, but at the same time, wouldn't want to see their private time intruded on. I think one or two off-the-clock sightings is all right once in a while. Of course if it became a weekly occurrence, then I'd say their privacy is being invaded, but once every few months is not that big of a deal.

WOW!!! With less than one year as a member of the royal family and all of the duties she has performed including the upcoming visit next week...how does one continue to call the Duchess "lazy":
royal tour
Queen's birthday
Irish Guards
fund raisers
building openings
condolence visits

:previous:Fascinating...just my opinion:whistling:

WOW!!! With less than one year as a member of the royal family and all of the duties she has performed including the upcoming visit next week...how does one continue to call the Duchess "lazy":
royal tour
Queen's birthday
Irish Guards
fund raisers
building openings
condolence visits

I'm in complete agreement. For someone who's been in the Family only six months, she has adapted very well and done quite a lot.

Lovely photo of a very photogenic couple - and if you look real, real close you can just about see Will's hand around Kate's waist right at her waistline.

Has this been seen? It's the official photo for next week's visit
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lto65zVKrn1qkr2doo1_400.jpg

Look at the photo at the top of this blog from the couple's visit to Canada: A Modern Royal Couple: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Canada Tour Details

It looks like the two photos were taken during the same session with some photoshopping used to change the backgrounds and lighting. Otherwise, I don't know why they would wear the same outfits for both official visits.

Yep I'm sure they're prob planning on using the photos from that session on all their official tours this year. They'll prob do a new one for next years tours. It's def not the EXACT same photo but it's highly likely that it may be from the same session

ETA I was right according to Getty Images the date the photo was released to them was June 3rd the same day the official photo for the Canada/US tour was released http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=117288201&EditorialProduct=Entertainment
So hence it has to be from the same session.

Last edited:
royal tour
Queen's birthday
Irish Guards
fund raisers
building openings
condolence visits

I dont think anyone could call William and Katherine lazy. Certainly they have pulled their weight, especially compared to others in the family.

free2rhyme said:
Look at the photo at the top of this blog from the couple's visit to Canada: A Modern Royal Couple: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Canada Tour Details

It looks like the two photos were taken during the same session with some photoshopping used to change the backgrounds and lighting. Otherwise, I don't know why they would wear the same outfits for both official visits.

Yes, Chris Jackson, the photographer, just tweeted that the photo was taken before the Canada trip. I was wondering,too.

Why are there two coat of arms and wht does one have another crown and lion sitting on the top of the red crown? Who designed the coat of arms and what is the unicorn symbolic of? I think they are an adorable couple and that their children will be gorgeous whenever they are born!

Why are there two coat of arms and wht does one have another crown and lion sitting on the top of the red crown? Who designed the coat of arms and what is the unicorn symbolic of? I think they are an adorable couple and that their children will be gorgeous whenever they are born!

The coat of arms on the right is Prince Williams, given to him on his 18th birthday, it consists of the escutcheon of the arms of the sovereign in right of the United Kingdom with a label for difference. As the eldest son of the Prince of Wales, Prince William's coat of arms has a label of three points. The escallop (seashell) alludes to his late mother Diana, Princess of Wales, whose Spencer coat of arms includes three escallops argent.

Catherine's coat of arms on the left combines that of Williams and her own.

The dexter supporter is a likewise crowned English lion; the sinister, a Scottish unicorn. According to legend a free unicorn was considered a very dangerous beast; therefore the heraldic unicorn is chained, as were both supporting unicorns in the Royal coat of arms of Scotland.

Dexter and sinister are terms used in heraldry to refer to specific locations in an escutcheon bearing a coat of arms and by extension also to a crest.

The coat of arms on the right is Prince Williams, given to him on his 18th birthday, it consists of the escutcheon of the arms of the sovereign in right of the United Kingdom with a label for difference. As the eldest son of the Prince of Wales, Prince William's coat of arms has a label of three points. The escallop (seashell) alludes to his late mother Diana, Princess of Wales, whose Spencer coat of arms includes three escallops argent.

Catherine's coat of arms on the left combines that of Williams and her own.

The dexter supporter is a likewise crowned English lion; the sinister, a Scottish unicorn. According to legend a free unicorn was considered a very dangerous beast; therefore the heraldic unicorn is chained, as were both supporting unicorns in the Royal coat of arms of Scotland.

Dexter and sinister are terms used in heraldry to refer to specific locations in an escutcheon bearing a coat of arms and by extension also to a crest.

Not to be too nit-picky, but the coat of arms on the LEFT is William's coat of arms. The one on the RIGHT is Catharine's coat of arms. (I assume we're talking about the 2 coat of arms on the top of the first page of this thread, right?)

:previous:
Lumutqueen is correct. William's is on the right - think in terms of holding a shield - the man's arms are dexter (right side) and the woman's arms are sinister (left side).

Lumutqueen is correct. William's is on the right - think in terms of holding a shield - the man's arms are dexter (right side) and the woman's arms are sinister (left side).

If we are talking about the 2 coat of arms on the top of the first page of this thread, then William's is clearly on the left (hence the Order of the Garter surrounding the arms of it's member)

Ok, I'm confused, exactly what are we talking about? Where can I see what we were talking about? :huh:

So I've heard that The duke and duchess if Cambridge are heading to Denmark to meet with the Danish Royals for an event. Can't wait to hear how it goes;)

Royal_Eagle said:
Not to be too nit-picky, but the coat of arms on the LEFT is William's coat of arms. The one on the RIGHT is Catharine's coat of arms. (I assume we're talking about the 2 coat of arms on the top of the first page of this thread, right?)

AuroraB said:

American Dane said:
If we are talking about the 2 coat of arms on the top of the first page of this thread, then William's is clearly on the left (hence the Order of the Garter surrounding the arms of it's member)

I was wrong, William on the left and Catherine on the right. We are I believe as I am not the original questioner talking about the coats of arms at the top of the events page. On Catherine's coat of arms it is split into two, combining Williams an her own.

Now my friend is on a train to Hartlepool and his seat has had to be altered due to the arrival of royals. With HM, Charles, Harry and Andrew out of the country that leaves Anne, Catherine and The Earl and Countess. I am intrigued.

Now my friend is on a train to Hartlepool and his seat has had to be altered due to the arrival of royals. With HM, Charles, Harry and Andrew out of the country that leaves Anne, Catherine and The Earl and Countess. I am intrigued.

Anne and Sir Tim are on an official visit in Ghana are they not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom