Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should all take to sending notes to magazines etc. that get Catherine's title wrong. Does anyone think it would work.

What's wrong w/Chatalaine!?! They of all magazines in Canada *should* know better than to call her Kate Middleton. I'd even tolerate seeing "Princess Kate/Catherine" over seeing her referred to as she is on that cover...Yet again!!!

Grrrrrr!!!!

Sorry for the rant Gang, but Good Grief when are the Press going to get it right?

Its not unusual. In Spain, Letizia is regulary referred to as Letizia Ortiz by the media, even at official events. The same happens in Sweden with Daniel Westling and especially in the aussie media with Mary Donaldson. I think that it has to do with the fact that the name itself hasnt changed apart from the title that was given "on top" after the wedding - and that a "born" royal is still different to a royal "by marriage", who spent a few decades of life as commoner.

What's wrong w/Chatalaine!?! They of all magazines in Canada *should* know better than to call her Kate Middleton. I'd even tolerate seeing "Princess Kate/Catherine" over seeing her referred to as she is on that cover...Yet again!!!

Grrrrrr!!!!

Sorry for the rant Gang, but Good Grief when are the Press going to get it right?

Camilla is still Camilla Parker Bowles in this country. Oddly, Sophie Phys Jones, is never used.

Camilla is still Camilla Parker Bowles in this country. Oddly, Sophie Phys Jones, is never used.

This made me think of a Russian site that listed all those who attended and participated in the Royal Wedding, and the Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex were referred by their former names. Of course I've seen plenty of this in the US magazines and papers too. I guess old habits die hard.

It's all about what names papers think readers/peopl recognize ....in this case Kate Middleton is actually probably more well known as her name then her title, as least to those not in the know, and definitly here in US

It's all about what names papers think readers/peopl recognize ....in this case Kate Middleton is actually probably more well known as her name then her title, as least to those not in the know, and definitly here in US

This fact has been stated before, people just refuse to accept that magazines are going by what their readers know, not titles no one has heard about.

This fact has been stated before, people just refuse to accept that magazines are going by what their readers know, not titles no one has heard about.

Its a matter of getting the news out I thinks. As to whether or not its a bad thing is up to them. Most folks I think would recognize Camilla Parker Bowles than The Duchess of Cornwall. Dang she should have reverted to her maiden name in the divorce like I did. :D OR be referred to as Camila Windsor.

I do think that as long as Kate is referred in the press as Middleton, it just adds fuel to the fire for Pippa's publicity.

But as royals actually do not have surnames. its the press' dream.

I think the more that titles are used in the press, the more educated the public will be about the association, although I do feel more comfortable in my skin with my maiden name after my own divorce! :lol: But I do agree that stressing the Middleton name brings Pippa added publicity (whether she wants it or not).

I think the more that titles are used in the press, the more educated the public will be about the association, although I do feel more comfortable in my skin with my maiden name after my own divorce! :lol: But I do agree that stressing the Middleton name brings Pippa added publicity (whether she wants it or not).

I'm in complete agreement.

A very nice article and so indicative of how well-suited Kate would be working with children as one of her patronages and how great a mom she'd be! :whistling:

This is a very touching story, and it gives us more proof that Catherine is person with a big heart (just like her husband). I love that she does the little things, like writing a letter to a sick child by hand, and sending it to his house, rather than going and writing on his blog, as planned during their chat. She goes beyond of what is expected, and I can't tell how happy that makes me (shows that she has passion for helping others).

Yes, Baroness of Books, she would be a great patron for an organization that is involved with children, and that she will be an exceptional mother. She has a great deal to give and share, and her current position allows her to do loads of that.

Another article dealing with Catherine's letter to a child with cancer from the Royal Marsden. The scan of the letter is included. Not to sound like a complete sap, but this story brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes healing comes from love and care, and this boy and his family are receiving a great doze of both from the Duchess of Cambridge.

Kate Middleton Sends Letter to Cancer Patient Fabian Bate : People.com

Another article dealing with Catherine's letter to a child with cancer from the Royal Marsden. The scan of the letter is included. Not to sound like a complete sap, but this story brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes healing comes from love and care, and this boy and his family are receiving a great doze of both from the Duchess of Cambridge.

Kate Middleton Sends Letter to Cancer Patient Fabian Bate : People.com
Hey, Daria, if your'e a sap by crying, then you are in good company because so am I. I cannot put into words how much that story has touched and uplifted my heart.

Hey, Daria, if your'e a sap by crying, then you are in good company because so am I. I cannot put into words how much that story has touched and uplifted my heart.

I'm glad I'm not alone then.

When those 2 said that prayer at their wedding about having open hearts, and giving time and care to people who need them, they meant it...
They are ambassadors not only of the British nation, but of humanity...

When those 2 said that prayer at their wedding about having open hearts, and giving time and care to people who need them, they meant it...
They are ambassadors not only of the British nation, but of humanity...

How true that is! I couldn't have said better if I tried.

How sweet Kate is writing that letter.

That is a lovely gesture from Catherine, how beautiful. I noticed the headed paper; is St James' Palace where they have their official offices?

I've been lucky enough to meet some pretty special/famous people over the years and when you're going through a really tough time, knowing that someone famous cared enough to send you a letter or wanted to talk w/you, I know first hand what kind of a lift to the spirit that can have. It's truly beyond words how much something like this can have on the person it has happened to.

It says so much about Kate that she took the time to write and send this letter to this young man. On the tough days during the prep and then after his Bone Marrow Transplant, he can think back to this letter and know he's got the support of a very special lady who is pulling for him.

And now w/this letter making the news, many other people around the World will be too.

Hopefully, receiving that letter will uplift Fabian's spirits so much that it'll go a long way toward helping him during this rough time. Healing isn't only from your medication, but also from your outlook and attitude. That is a very thoughtful gesture from Kate and speaks volumes about her heart being in the right place.

Last edited:
I read about Kate's letter on the Daily Mail. People in the comment section where people were complaining that she did not handwrite the letter. If you read the letter, you can tell it isn't a form letter but personalized for little Fabian. Perhaps Kate remembers the handwritten letter she wrote to Wimbleton that had the typos that the papers pointed out this summer. Some people will never be happy.

I read about Kate's letter on the Daily Mail. People in the comment section where people were complaining that she did not handwrite the letter. If you read the letter, you can tell it isn't a form letter but personalized for little Fabian. Perhaps Kate remembers the handwritten letter she wrote to Wimbleton that had the typos that the papers pointed out this summer. Some people will never be happy.

Frankly, I didn't even think about the letter being typed until you pointed it out, because that's such a minor and inconsequential detail. To me, the fact that the words came from her heart is the most important thing. How she got those words onto paper is really irrelevant.

People will look at anything to nitpick.:bang:

Exactly. There are more important things to worry about than whether or not Catherine typed or hand-wrote a letter. I'm touched by the gesture and the fact that she went above and beyond what is expected of her in order to help someone else.

IF she typed it herself who the heck cares! If she had handwritten it we'd get people try to analyze her handwriting for signs of a serial killer.

IF she typed it herself who the heck cares! If she had handwritten it we'd get people try to analyze her handwriting for signs of a serial killer.

:ROFLMAO: You're probably correct too. Our society has a tendency to take things overboard.

Anyway, I posted this in the 'Duchess of Cambridge Daytime Fashion' thread, but I'll post it here too, in case it doesn't belong there. The title makes me think of a rather creepy B-list science fiction film:

Rise of the Kate clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom