Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read an article at the online platform of Germany's glossy BUNTE about William and Catherine. In it they mentioned that William will be moved to an Air base in Hertfordshire as his last post before leaving the army in 2013 and that they will move in at Harewood Park then...

Did I miss something there? You never know with BUNTE, they often make things up but sometimes they are very well informed.

The link to the article (in German): William & Kate: 100 Tage Ehe: Das Geheimnis ihres Glücks - BUNTE

It was rumoured that Harewood Park would be their home after he finished.

I remember Diana saying in the Morton book about the SAS training " It was so scary, the SAS men threw bombs at my car during an training exercise."
C& D had more guts than I would have to be put through that.

Last edited:
That is a lot to go through. Really demonstrates that life as a royal isn't all caviar & roses. Just the thought of your safety being compromised anytime you're in public is really scary.

What is SAS?( I am trying to figure out why there is a black square in the pic, disguising the officer's ID.) Are they like undercover spies or something?
To me being being royal is not worth the trade- off of being in potential danger every time I step out of my house.

Last edited:
I remember Diana saying in the Morton book about the SAS training " It was so scary, the SAS men threw bombs at my car during an training exercise."
C& D had more guts than I would have to be put through that.

The whole thing is just terrifying. Even if you know that it's just a practice session, it's still scary to think that you very well may have to deal with something like that (I don't know what I would do if this happened and I was with a child, though I'm sure they'll be trained how to handle that particular situation as well). Talk about a time when I personally would be begging for some type of anti-anxiety med to get me through the training session.

What a terrifying and intense ordeal! Imagine being in the middle of a firefight like that; I don't think anything can ever prepare you for the real deal in case that ever happened. Hopefully, some of the training would kick in if heaven forbid such an event occurred. And I'd think at the end of that session, I'd need something a bit stronger than tea or coffee! ;)

Also, this quote from the story had me shaking my head:

"The SAS team lifted the pair out of their chairs and bungled them to safety. Rusty says: “It was the perfect hostage rescue, we called it a snatch operation. The noise is deafening."

The bold-face type is mine. The word the article should have used was "bundled," because it gives the impression that the exercise was handled in an incompetent manner. Obviously, the Mirror needs better proofreaders! :ohmy:

:previous:A VERY unfortunate mis-use of words. :bang: Why did someone not catch that? I'm sure the SAS appreciate that gaff.

ETA ... I find it very strange that there is publicity about this. I would think they would really want to keep that kind of training quiet rather than let kidnappers or terrorists know that the couple had had training.

Last edited:
Thank you, Lumutqueen :flowers:. I was trying to figure that out too.

Thank you, Lumutqueen :flowers:. I was trying to figure that out too.
Me too! I could not figure out why the newspaper had to disguise the Id of the officer. Now all has become clear... ;):lol:

@Elisa_Roche: SPOTTED : Prince William and K-Middy in Birmingham. Could the town be in line for a right royal riot visit?

But the she deleted it.....

@Elisa_Roche: SPOTTED : Prince William and K-Middy in Birmingham. Could the town be in line for a right royal riot visit?

But the she deleted it.....

I saw that on my twitter this morning too. Wonder why she removed it all of a sudden. However, if they did/will visit the areas effected by the riots, then they will be lifting some spirits, just like Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry have done.

@WMPolice West Midlands Police
VIP visit – HRH Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived in Birmingham to visit those affected by last week’s disorder.

@BBCNews BBC News
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit scene where three young men were killed during #Birmingham #riots - watch live bbc.in/bj4ulU

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq6af0imWk1qlsqdgo1_400.jpg

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq6afqWThj1qlsqdgo1_400.jpg

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq6albnje11qlsqdgo1_400.jpg

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq6akqhOzE1qlsqdgo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq6ak0FU321qlsqdgo1_500.jpg

In Birmingham with William. She looks lovely, but does anyone else think it's a bit weird to be so dressed up when visiting a poor area devastated by riots? Her outfit is McQueen and Prada, quite formal, dressy hair... doesn't match the occasion.

Last edited:
Ooh, it is a lovely outfit. I do love the gold buttons. So very chic indeed.

I'm the only one who thinks that skirt is perfect to cover a baby bump? :)

Based on what those around her are wearing, I'd think it would tacky if she wasn't dressed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on what those around her are wearing, I'd think it would tacky if she wasn't dressed up.

Tacky? How so? So the officials who met her are dressed up, but if they're going to be out on the streets talking to people who were affected their clothes are just going to look out of touch.

William is in a suit and tie what would you like her to wear jeans and hoddie? I think for her postion she looks as she should. Just my opinion may you keep your own.

Had a quick glance at the Selfridges website. I think something more like this would have been better:

Zip–shoulder tailored dress - PAUL SMITH BLACK - Dresses - Womenswear - Selfridges | Shop Online

Not in colour but in terms of shape/style...much more simple, and it sends out the message: "I care more about what's happened here than about what I'm wearing." Although if I'm being totally honest I would've loved to see her in jeans and flats, with her hair in a ponytail. Not going to happen though, I think that would be pushing it a bit, haha.

William is in a suit and tie what would you like her to wear jeans and hoddie? I think for her postion she looks as she should. Just my opinion may you keep your own.

It's still possible to look smart-casual without wearing a flouncy frilled blouse and gold-buttoned skirt. See my last post (yes I would've loved to see her in jeans), but those are extremes. There is a middle ground. It's much more difficult when you're female because a guy can wear a suit and it just looks the same as every other suit, but given the sensitivity and poverty in the areas affected, and the destruction caused by the riots, simple is better. Like when she wore the grey dress:

http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/Kate Middleton grey Catherine Walker dress Canada Tour.jpg

I didn't say it was not possible, I said for her postion she looks as she should.. I agree there is a middle ground, but lets be truthful no matter what she wears she will be sensitive to the PEOPLE affected by the destruction of these riots.

It is my opinion she looks well, and it sounds like your's is that she would have struck a diffrent cord in a less formal outfit maybe/ maybe not. Different opinions make the world go arond. Happy Posting :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she looks very appropriate. It's not like she showed up in a glittering red carpet style ball gown. I honestly thought nothing of the outfit. She fits in with those around her, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom