Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aw what a cute picture! Lucky bums so jealous but very nice of William and Kate to happily pose for pictures.

aw what a cute picture! Lucky bums so jealous but very nice of William and Kate to happily pose for pictures.

Did anyone else besides me get the impression that photo was photoshopped somehow? It just seems that the way Wills and Kate are dressed seem out of place for the picture.

Then again, I may be seeing something that really isn't there.... its late. :whistling:

Did anyone else besides me get the impression that photo was photoshopped somehow? It just seems that the way Wills and Kate are dressed seem out of place for the picture.

Then again, I may be seeing something that really isn't there.... its late. :whistling:

I get the same feeling, somehow they don't seem to blend in with the rest... Or perhaps we are too alert on photoshopped pictures.

i think it is the lady off to the side that doesnt look right in the picture, if it is photoshopped, they did pretty good.

Hmmm, there's that ubiquitous blue jacket William is always wearing. Would he wear that to a rugby match?:whistling:

I agree. First impression was jarring - they look out of place. William and Kate look dressed all wrong - light source also seems to flip from left to right (see William's forehead and shirt and Kate's hair). Kate is too 'shadowed' when women on left (seem to take a left/front angled light source) and children in front are taking full sunlight. Also, given the full light on the woman on the right Kate needs to have more light washing over her - even as reflected light). Something about it strikes a false note - Kate is the give-away. The trick to photoshopping - among other things (though I'm no expert) - is getting the light source right.

Someone on twitter post a picture with the couple. Don't have the details yet, but apparently it was taken during a rugby match.

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/khnrebdj Shared by 1Djennie

Last edited:
I have followed the poster's tweets and see no indication whatsoever why this would be photoshopped. A few people mentioned meeting William & Kate yesterday. Still not sure where, but it's beginning to not look like a rugby match. Possibly a more private and formal event. Anyhow, they were definitely somewhere yesterday. It's good to see them looking well.

If I am not mistaken, the picture was taken in Canada after the dragon boat race

Doesn't Kate part her hair on the other side? It looks as though the photo is not original, but who can be sure?

Funny how people continue to speculate on the picture's authenticity. I'm telling you again. It is genuine. William & Kate were in a private event on Saturday.

Just because you say it's real doesn't mean we'll believe you. You say it was taken on saturday, another poster says it was taken in Canada. ;)

Just because you say it's real doesn't mean we'll believe you. You say it was taken on saturday, another poster says it was taken in Canada. ;)

Oh well, no point on insisting that everyone should believe it because people will believe what they want. But let it be known that I'd be the first to cry foul if I find proof of false pictures or claims. If someone comes up with proof that it's from Canada, let me know.

As far as I'm concerned, the picture is genuine and that William & Kate were at an event on Saturday. There have been a few sources.

What sources say they were at an event on saturday? The girl on twitter can't seem to name the event they were at.

Last edited:
3-4 sources from Twitter (yes, all Twitter, I know) mentioned of meeting or knowing someone who met Will/Kate on Saturday. Haven't really confirmed the event, only that (according to the person who posted the picture -- who by the way denied photoshop claims when asked) it was a private event. Not a whole lot, but 4 independent and random sources with no royal connection or motivation to deceive royal watchers is hard proof for me.

That's all I'm going to say about it unless I know more. Now people can believe what they want.

I think it's really great they're being trained. Yes, they always have protection officers around but they should know what to do in different situations, and actually acting out the scenarios has got to be very beneficial.

Also, the article in the Mirror states that "the couple’s visit to the base in Credenhill on Saturday coincided with celebrations to mark the
regiment’s 70th anniversary."

This could be where that disputed photo was taken, and account for the sightings that have cropped up on Twitter.

I think it's really great they're being trained. Yes, they always have protection officers around but they should know what to do in different situations, and actually acting out the scenarios has got to be very beneficial.

Also, the article in the Mirror states that "the couple’s visit to the base in Credenhill on Saturday coincided with celebrations to mark the
regiment’s 70th anniversary."

This could be where that disputed photo was taken, and account for the sightings that have cropped up on Twitter.

That very well could be the case. I just found it kind of odd that in daytime during the summer that Kate would be wearing such a dark outfit as it retains the heat. William as we all know, is in uniform when he's in a suit.... not much change. :)

Here is the answer (thank you and please forgive me Wannabe from another royal forum for borrowing your post)

The event took place ... this past Saturday - SAS elite Army regiment’s Herefordshire HQ.

The couple took their first briefing related to Catherine's (and William's) training. Whilst there, they visited injured soldiers, widows of fallen soldiers, other staff personnel and their children, plus celebrated the 70th anniversary of that regiment.

so the mystery of Saturday's picture finally solved. So it was not Photoshop after all and the twitter poster was legitimate. You were spot on, Britishroyals!

this training seems quite important.

Thank you, British Royals and Rosapru, for the information. It's too bad that we need to be skeptical of photographs of the RF because of the suspicion of photoshopping and other false claims. Glad to see that this one is legitimate!:)

BTW, I'm sure William and Kate make a formidable couple with their self-defense training. Good for them.

Last edited:
Here is the answer (thank you and please forgive me Wannabe from another royal forum for borrowing your post)

The event took place ... this past Saturday - SAS elite Army regiment’s Herefordshire HQ.

The couple took their first briefing related to Catherine's (and William's) training. Whilst there, they visited injured soldiers, widows of fallen soldiers, other staff personnel and their children, plus celebrated the 70th anniversary of that regiment.

I would think he would be in uniform, not a suit, for such a visit. I'm still skeptical, but whether it's real or not is of no consequence.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree. There are other reasons why it looks photoshopped (the overly dark, 'black' area). But it is of no consequence. Would be nice to see other photos of the same event - that would nail it.

I would think he would be in uniform, not a suit, for such a visit. I'm still skeptical, but whether it's real or not is of no consequence.

Someone on twitter post a picture with the couple. Don't have the details yet, but apparently it was taken during a rugby match.

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/khnrebdj Shared by 1Djennie

Last edited:
I'm as excited about Will and Kate as the next person, but the passion that some people are showing about whether or not this photo is photoshopped is ridiculous... WHO CARES?! It's not even that substantial a shot! You would think we were discussing whether or not a baby bump was being photoshopped on Kate...

I'm as excited about Will and Kate as the next person, but the passion that some people are showing about whether or not this photo is photoshopped is ridiculous... WHO CARES?! It's not even that substantial a shot! You would think we were discussing whether or not a baby bump was being photoshopped on Kate...

LOL! It will be a RIOT when that happens!

Anyhow, glad that William & Kate's whereabouts last Saturday has been confirmed.
@putski & @Baroness of Books : you're very welcome :) Always a pleasure to share what I know.

Obviously, some here do care.

Hah! I wouldn't put it past some enterprising photoshoppers to do just that!!:whistling:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom