Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what's scary is that the camera adds pounds to your figure, so she's got to be really extremely thin.

She is no thinner than any top model and still shows a normal size breast. Lucky her!

She was also spotted at the grocery store. I posted the picture in the Duchess' current events thread

Baroness of Books said:
Awww, I love that William and Harry read a joint excerpt from the nursery tale at the wedding. I wonder if that was Harry's idea.

Since it was a fav of the brides, the Velveteen Rabbit (sorry I spelt wrong), and her wedding I assume it was Zara's idea

Daria_S said:
When I looked closer at these pictures, I noticed how tired they both appear. Catherine more than William.

Possibly because these were taken morning after Zara's all night reception too....

Last edited:
Interesting that William is in the military and flying helicopters with eyesight that needs correction.

Interesting that William is in the military and flying helicopters with eyesight that needs correction.

I know that in the US Air Force you can be 20/50 uncorrected and just required to wear your glasses (giving you 20/20) every time you fly. So perhaps William's eyesight is not bad enough to disqualify him in that respect. Though then we would expect to see him with glasses in every picture of him as a pilot, and I don't know if we have. Also, I was under the impression that it was more colour-blindness that was an ultimate disqualification... :flowers:

If there was a real problem, I doubt William would be permitted to fly. It would put him, his co-workers and the public at risk, something nobody wants.

There is no disqualification in the UK military for not having perfect eyesight. Entry to the RAF from civilian life one needs to pass an eyetest, but if you transfer from another branch of the military to the RAF (as William did, from the army) there is no requirement for perfect eyesight. The RAF even have regulation glasses that the pilots must wear (William has been photographed in them, standard aviator type glasses).

Those pictures of them walking in the park are darling. Sadly they were probably photographed against their will. William looks quite annoyed.

I actually think Kate's gained a bit of weight since her tiniest days. Her face certainly looks a bit fuller to me. And she looks healthy for sure. Besides, putting so much emphasis on her weight is just silly and insensitive given what happened to Diana. She and William look happy. Let us leave it at that.

:) It makes me smile to see them happy & romantic.:)

I love that they love each other so warmly, it makes them fun to watch - I look forward to seeing them grow in their Royal roles.

However I do think it would be fairer to them, who have already committed to giving so much to the public, to allow them some private time.:)

Those pictures of them walking in the park are darling. Sadly they were probably photographed against their will. William looks quite annoyed.

I wonder if Holyrood Park is accessible to the public, or the paps used their telescopic lenses for such closeups. But trust them not to pass up the opportunity to photograph the current most famous royal couple in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually think Kate's gained a bit of weight since her tiniest days. Her face certainly looks a bit fuller to me. And she looks healthy for sure. Besides, putting so much emphasis on her weight is just silly and insensitive given what happened to Diana. She and William look happy. Let us leave it at that.

Kate's skinniness has nothing to do with Diana, therefore should not be considered insensitive.

I wonder if Holyrood Park is accessible to the public, or the paps used their telescopic lenses for such closeups. .

Holyrood Park is publicly accessible, Arthur's seat, the highest point in Edinburgh, is at the centre of the park and a popular landmark for tourists.

I know that in the US Air Force you can be 20/50 uncorrected and just required to wear your glasses (giving you 20/20) every time you fly. So perhaps William's eyesight is not bad enough to disqualify him in that respect. Though then we would expect to see him with glasses in every picture of him as a pilot, and I don't know if we have. Also, I was under the impression that it was more colour-blindness that was an ultimate disqualification... :flowers:
My daughter changed career plans because she could not fly helicopters because of her vision. Only 20/20 vision was acceptable at the time. No corrective lenses of any kind allowed.

Its nice seeing them strolling together. As newlyweds I still don't see them as madly in love with each other. I feel like William loves Kate but he's not in love with her.

Its nice seeing them strolling together. As newlyweds I still don't see them as madly in love with each other. I feel like William loves Kate but he's not in love with her.

William & Kate's feelings for each other is personal. Your opinion, my opinion and everyone else's who don't know them personally are speculative at best. From my personal point of view, I find no reason to suspect that William isn't in love and completely devoted to his new wife. I think they are carrying themselves with good grace, class, discretion and dignity befit of their future roles.

My daughter changed career plans because she could not fly helicopters because of her vision. Only 20/20 vision was acceptable at the time. No corrective lenses of any kind allowed.

I wanted to do the same thing many years ago but the army said only 20/20 uncorrected was allowed. although with advances in laser surgery.. it might be possible to pass the exam if the surgery went well enough.

They may be newlyweds because they're newly married, but they've also been together for about 10 years and have lived with each other for the last several. I think they've grown comfortable in their love for each other and are acting in a dignified and reserved manner before the eyes of the world. I personally thought William was particularly solicitous of Catherine during their North American visit, and the occasions in which their affection shone through was lovely to see.

Annoyed?

Yes, they are very famous.
Yes, they were in a public park.

But, somehow, a photographer managed to 'find' them and shoot pictures.

They must have been hoping that no one would have noticed them.
When they realized they had been 'noticed', then William looked annoyed.

Should he have embraced the situation, smiled broadly, and waved?
Or should he have been disappointed that they had not escaped notice and expressed his disappointment with an annoyed expression?

Just because they are famous and in public doesn't mean they give up their right to behave as a non-famous couple would- and a non-famous couple would be annoyed to have a camera in their faces.

William and Kate are not obliged to pretend to be happy about being unable to avoid cameras.

So, he looked annoyed. And, without naming names, William's 'annoyed' face is a lot pleasanter than the 'neutral' face of at least half a dozen royals! You know who they are!

Or should he have been disappointed that they had not escaped notice and expressed his disappointment with an annoyed expression?

Just because they are famous and in public doesn't mean they give up their right to behave as a non-famous couple would- and a non-famous couple would be annoyed to have a camera in their faces.

William and Kate are not obliged to pretend to be happy about being unable to avoid cameras.

So, he looked annoyed. And, without naming names, William's 'annoyed' face is a lot pleasanter than the 'neutral' face of at least half a dozen royals! You know who they are!

I totally agree - just because they are famous doesn't mean they have to put up a happy face 24/7 and are forbidden to be annoyed with the paparazzi.
No one is in a cheerful mood day and night.

I think they behave quite normal, in comparison to certain celebrities when spotted/photographed.
But this discussion has taken place before here, I think.

Very well put :flowers:. I think there are times when photographers are downright intrusive, and this was one of those times. These two have given us a great deal of photos in the past several months, and therefore, have every right to ask that photographers (and public) give them at least a part of a day to take a walk and not be photographed. William's annoyed facial expression is quite appropriate. He has every right to feel (and to show) that he's frustrated with the way his and his wife's privacy is being intruded upon.

I don't think they knew they were being photographed (which is naive on their part). Wills' grimace may have been about something else. They both look miffed about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom