Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lovely story in the Mail today about William and Catherine planning to go under the radar for the next few months. Also a comment which I interpret as meaning the men in suits at the palace are very supportive and proud of Catherine..
So good to know this.
This is the article
Kate Middleton leaves Hollywood to 'just enjoying being a newly-wed' | Mail Online
Don't blame them. I'd want to take a break too. That was probably a long 11 days. I can't imagine rushing here & there for that long. I would be exhausted. Hope that have some really good down time together and enjoy being newlyweds.

A similar story from the BBC:

W & K are "mindful that the Queen quite rightly should be in the spotlight. The Duke is also working towards an RAF Search and Rescue helicopter captaincy".

BBC News - Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to cut down royal duties

Interesting. Before this , I was wondering why they booked the tour so early on, considering they haven't been married for a long time. But the timing seems more comprehensible now.

HM should and will be the focus of 2012. Even during this tour William made sure to mention her in his speeches. One of the biggest cheers he got was when he, in Ottawa, referred to her as "Queen of Canada". (rightfully)

Kate and Wills take a bow - and a much-needed break | News

The blunt truth is when the Queen and Prince Philip die and King Charles and Queen Camilla are on the throne the Prince and Princess of Wales (William and Catherine) will have to work their backs off and they know it. So make the most of this time they have. They certainly will not be able to hide away in the country when Charles is King. There will be very few Royals out there doing Royal duties apart from Prince Harry. The older Royals are dying off and there is no one really to pick up the batten. The York Princesses will marry and take a back seat (i.e.not doing royal duties). So I think this is down time for William and his wife until they have to come back to London and take front row centre stage. Even if Charles does not like it he has to accept he is heading for his 70's and time is not on his side either. And bring up a family too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royal-...-want-him-back-115875-23264613/#ixzz1RqgXg83A

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a good thing they take a break for the very reason of focus shift. Eyes need to be back on QEII and especially on Charles, who will forever be struggling with the sympathy vote in comparison to his sons and daugther in law.

Hopefully the next time we hear something significant from them it will be the announcement of the expectancy of their first child! :D

Hopefully the next time we hear something significant from them it will be the announcement of the expectancy of their first child! :D

Since they will be getting a break for the next couple of months and they will be spending most of their time just being in wales... you never know.. just maybe something special will happen during the break... :hug:

This sounds very positive. I am sure Catherine will prove more and more she is a real asset for the British Royal Family.

IF news of a pregnancy should be announced by the royal family, it might prove difficult to chill out under the radar.

figtreecrossing said:
IF news of a pregnancy should be announced by the royal family, it might prove difficult to chill out under the radar.

You are probably right, however since "everyone" seems keen not to let the past repeat itself, I don't think that we will see the media frenzy that one might expect, at least I don't think it will be as pervasive as it could be. The press has shown restraint, in as much as we haven't seen pictures of them around Angelsey (I recall seing a few pictures just after the wedding, but that's all). I hope that they are left alone to enjoy life as newlyweds, and if and when Kate becomes pregnant that she won't be hounded.

Lets not speculate on a pregnancy. If and when it happens, it will be discussed at that time, in a separate thread.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

The Duke and Duchess have been spotted!
chappy007 craig chapman by RoyallyKate

Saw prince William n Kate at the cinema earlier......mental
More info:
RoyallyKate Kate Middleton Fans

William and Kate were spotted at a theater supposedly seeing Harry Potter. I'd kill to be there. Cool to know they're #Potterheads like us.♥
sammartinjones Sam Jones by RoyallyKate

My friend from Uni has just seen Prince William and Kate Middleton in my local cinema. (Llandudno Junction) #omg #willandkate
ETA: Apparently it was Bridesmaids.

Seems as though Catherine wanted to see Bridesmaids, and William wanted to see Transformers. Catherine won. ;)

Prince William & Catherine were spotted at the Cineworld cinema complex in Llandudno Junction in Wales this Saturday. They saw Bridesmaids!♥

Looks like Cineworld originally leaked the full info
britishroyals British Royals

From @cineworld: Will & Kate saw Bridesmaids @Llandudno this weekend & sat with the crowd. Twas Transforrmers vs Bridesmaids.Guess Kate won!

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess have been spotted!
More info:

Can't these two get a break? They're not on a royal duty/walk-about. I feel that it's extremely intrusive to post stuff like this over the web. You saw them, great, but do be considerate and let them breathe.

Sorry. Just had to get that out there.

Well I didn't spot them.....but I can remove the post if you'd like. I just thought it was cute they went to see Harry Potter.

Well I didn't spot them.....but I can remove the post if you'd like. I just thought it was cute they went to see Harry Potter.

The rant wasn't directed towards you at all :). I'm sorry if it came off as such. No need to remove the post. My little rant was directed at those who have no idea how to respect the privacy of others. When it comes for the press, it's one thing (the get paid for it, doesn't make it right, but hopefully you get where I'm coming from), however, when those not associated with the press start pulling this, I get a little ticked. These two get enough attention from the press, would be respectful if their fans won't go and babble.

And as for the cuteness factor, I agree. It's great that they were able to go and see the film.

Ah ookay good just checkin! Ya I know but in a sense I can understand the shock factor. I mean can you imagine walking into a theatre and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are in there. I'd have flipped course still your right they shouldn't go out and blab it to the world. I think isn't that how the photos of Kate at the supermarket came to be someone saw her a local and called the papz? Or least that's what I heard.

The rant wasn't directed towards you at all :). I'm sorry if it came off as such. No need to remove the post. My little rant was directed at those who have no idea how to respect the privacy of others. When it comes for the press, it's one thing (the get paid for it, doesn't make it right, but hopefully you get where I'm coming from), however, when those not associated with the press start pulling this, I get a little ticked. These two get enough attention from the press, would be respectful if their fans won't go and babble.

And as for the cuteness factor, I agree. It's great that they were able to go and see the film.

To be honest, if I were at a theater and they walked in, I'd probably send out a tweet. I wouldn't go out and say where we were, but the shock of seeing them would definitely propel me to share on my social media sites. There's nothing wrong with mentioning you saw them, and I wouldn't be snapping photos or trying to overhear conversations. It's exciting. Nothing wrong with that.

That is the fault with things like Twitter, it is a avenue to invade the privacy of others. I don't see why people cannot wait until they get home and get in conversation with their friends and then "spill the beans", but these days with this kind of media everyone one wants to be "the first" to get the news out. And it is very bad when the person tells where they are. At least for Will and Kate I would think they had someone with them for protection.

That is the fault with things like Twitter, it is a avenue to invade the privacy of others. I don't see why people cannot wait until they get home and get in conversation with their friends and then "spill the beans", but these days with this kind of media everyone one wants to be "the first" to get the news out. And it is very bad when the person tells where they are. At least for Will and Kate I would think they had someone with them for protection.

I would so be posting that in Facebook after I got home (I hope I'd wait until after I got home).

Truth be told, I wouldn't enjoy the movie if the duke and duchess were in the same theater as me as I'd be thinking about how to meet them or even try to make eye contact with them. I get star struck so easily.

Honestly you did not want to see me when I met Camilla no honestly it was like someone had paralyzed my speech. I couldn't put anything together so if it was the Duke and Duchess it'd just be 1000X worse I prob wouldn't even be able to think let alone get a word out.

Honestly you did not want to see me when I met Camilla no honestly it was like someone had paralyzed my speech. I couldn't put anything together so if it was the Duke and Duchess it'd just be 1000X worse I prob wouldn't even be able to think let alone get a word out.

That'll make the two of us then. I'll probably be standing there, opening and closing my mouth, and attempting to at least get a 'hello' out. My friend jokes that when (and if) I'll meet these two, I'll say something like 'Your Royal Hinny' out of pure nerves. I hope not, because that will just add to more mortification (since gaping like a fish is not merely enough).

I wasn't sure if this should go here, or in the 'Visit to LA' thread, so feel free to move if necessary.

Anyway, if this is true, then we get yet another glimpse into how 'down-to-earth' these two really are.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William and Kate turn down £200 BA flight compensation

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm a huge fan of both of them with (until now) a seemingly limitless appetite for all things Kate & William, but this is probably the most boring and utterly useless thing I have ever read. How weird and creepy that this is printworthy and how pitiful that "they felt it would be inappropriate to take duty free booze". :confused: Has the intense scrutiny turned them into such extreme goody goodies?

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm a huge fan of both of them with (until now) a seemingly limitless appetite for all things Kate & William, but this is probably the most boring and utterly useless thing I have ever read. How weird and creepy that this is printworthy and how pitiful that "they felt it would be inappropriate to take duty free booze". :confused: Has the intense scrutiny turned them into such extreme goody goodies?

I honestly don't understand why you get so worked up about this...

I wouldn't say that they are being goody goodies so much as they don't need the extra attention that this has brought or the extra money.

And this is another example of they can't win for nothing. There is no pleasing anyone these days. If you go by the comments in the Daily Mail by the readers who think they don't deserve the compensation (because BA didn't offer it to them in similiar situation) and that the benefits should be donated. I mean really?! Did they ask for the money or the press? Probably not.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that they are being goody goodies so much as they don't need the extra attention that this has brought or the extra money.

And this is another example of they can't win for nothing. There is no pleasing anyone these days. If you go by the comments in the Daily Mail by the readers who think they don't deserve the compensation (because BA didn't offer it to them in similiar situation) and that the benefits should be donated. I mean really?! Did they ask for the money or the press? Probably not.

I agree especially with the parts I highlighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom