Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Details of Canada and Usa Tour announced on Monday by Buckingham Palace

Am I the only one who thinks William looked marvy with a beard?

I don't like facial hair on guys, so I'll have to disagree with you on that bit. William is a very handsome man (though I prefer his brother), but he took a few steps down when he grew the beard. I hope I never see Harry in one. :lol:

Man the comments the DM readers make about Kate on this article are really mean.....wow....

No matter what she does, she'll be criticized, just like Diana was!

Remember when Diana was criticized for spending too much on her clothes?
But on the occasions when she wore the same outfit she'd worn before, the critics were merciless about that too!

It's hard to strike a balance, but I think Kate has done well so far.

The DM has housed the most spiteful comments on Kate throughout the years. I am almost certain they are likely the same people who have criticized her every move and called her names. And being a royal watcher for years, I know there are a few who would do anything to destroy her! Now that Kate's married to William, my guess is the haters aren't happy and are waiting on the first opportunity to pounce on her reputation. I wouldn't trust those talkbacks. They are not the majority. I have long learned to laugh off the DM comments and the haters therein.

I don't like facial hair on guys, so I'll have to disagree with you on that bit. William is a very handsome man (though I prefer his brother), but he took a few steps down when he grew the beard. I hope I never see Harry in one. :lol:

You know sister, after the wedding a could see a beginning of a bold spot on Harry' head :whistling: Let's hope the case doesn't evolve :p

About DM comments. One of the many things I've learn since joining this particular forum is not to pay much attention to that.

Last edited:
Mia_mae said:
You know sister, after the wedding a could see a beginning of a bold spot on Harry' head :whistling: Let's hope the case doesn't evolve :p

About DM comments. One of the many things I've learn since joining this particular forum is not to pay much attention to that.

DM posters in general hate fat people, ugly people, old people, young people, thin pepole, straight people, gay people, and beautiful people. Most of all they hate themselves.

I THOUGHT I noticed this but then decided it was the lighting.

Will the Duke and Duchess be attending Wimbledon this year?

Last edited:
DM posters can be vicious, They have never once had anything good to say about Kate, I think it's incredibly cruel how they and the media are taking Pippa into their hearts and not Kate. She is our future Queen but because she doesn't cause trouble the media dislike her. Personally I think it's wonderful for us to have an elegant, posed Duchess who represents the family so well. She wasn't brought up as a royal so it can't be easy. She doesn't get enough credit for it.

Will the Duke and Duchess be attending Wimbledon this year?

Nothing has been confirm yet, but there is talk about making the Duchess a patron since she is fan of the sport. Any excuse to see them more often I'm up for it :p

DM posters in general hate fat people, ugly people, old people, young people, thin pepole, straight people, gay people, and beautiful people. Most of all they hate themselves.

Preach!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks William looked marvy with a beard?

Nope, I thought he looked terrific. Some people look great in a beard, others not so much. He is one who looks very good in one.

I like how William is easing Kate into royal life. I'm sure having to go on a long tour to Canada and the U.S. might be overwhelming for her, so I'm really hoping she'll live through it. But then again, if Kate survived the days leading up to her wedding and the event itself, she'll survive this tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing has been confirm yet, but there is talk about making the Duchess a patron since she is fan of the sport. Any excuse to see them more often I'm up for it :p

That would be lovely if it happens. It would be wonderful to see a Senior Royal Lady in the Royal Box again at Wimbledon. I miss the Duchess of Kent being there and awarding the Ladies Trophy on Championship Saturday. In fact, my favourite Wimbledon moment was when the Duchess consoled Jana Novotna (sp?) after she lost that one year and burst into tears on recieiving the Second Place platter.

I know why the Duchess of Kent isn't there anymore, but I have always admired her and it was lovely to see her at the Wedding. I just miss seeing her.

Anyway...I'm willing to bet that whenever Andy Murray's first match is, we'll see more than just the Duke of Kent in the Royal Box. Reason being, if he makes a run at things like he did last year, the Cambridges will be over here on Tour IIRC the schedule. It usually does seem that the second week of things at Wimbledon always takes place the same week as Canada Day and the Fourth of July. So, no Catherine taking in the Championship Weekend, but if she is indeed a fan, I can see her taking in at least one day before leaving for the Tour here.

At least I can hope. :eek:D

I guess Catherine is a 'kindred spirit'. I had a chance to read the first several books in my Lit Acquisition class couple of years ago, but I discovered the mini-series when I was twelve. I thought the story was really sweet, but the books got rather boring after Anne got married (I stopped reading after that even took place).

I'm very curious to hear about her visit to PEI.

Nice! another event. :)
Must say I'm really surprised by the number of apparencies. I thought we would only see them during the Trooping of the Colors.

Last edited:
Yay! So we have the Glamour Gala on the 9th Trooping on the 11th DOE Birthday on the 12th followed by polo match in the afternoon and gala at night and Order of Garter on the 13th

They're definitely getting into the swing of things. Nicely done. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures and articles in the next couple of weeks (should be a welcoming distraction from studying for my certification exams).

Definitely I've been on serious William and Kate withdraw since the wedding. They need to get out there already they're killing me!

Yay! So we have the Glamour Gala on the 9th Trooping on the 11th DOE Birthday on the 12th followed by polo match in the afternoon and gala at night and Order of Garter on the 13th

Wow, so exhausting. A bunch of nothing, but nice waving. Leave them alone to build a marriage and a real relationship, not this usual mummery.

Wow, so exhausting. A bunch of nothing, but nice waving.

In addition to giving the keynote speech at a fundraiser to raise millions for kids, William is expected to announce that his (and Harry's) Foundation will be planning a major collaboration with the charity in the future. The polo match is also for charity. And two days celebrating your grandparents birthdays isn't pointless. Especially when one of them is celebrating his 90th birthday.

But, if that's your view...:flowers:

Last edited:
Wow, so exhausting. A bunch of nothing, but nice waving. Leave them alone to build a marriage and a real relationship, not this usual mummery.

I find myself more exhausted after social events, than after a day spent doing any sort of work. Socializing takes skill, and constantly walking around and being pleasant can really take a toll. I have had that experience after each major family event or celebration at my church, and after all of my graduation ceremonies. I won't be surprised if they came home and crashed after each one of these shindigs.

Last weekend I had to go to a social event and meet with friends and family and it absolutely drained me having to constantly smile, talk and say the same things over and over again to different people so I wouldn't say their job is easy. I work 5 days a week and that doesn't drain me as much as the event last weekend did.

Besides they are being left alone(by the press, so far!) to build their marriage. Actually more so then I expected tbh!

:previous: I agree, surprisingly the press seem to be keeping their distance.

As to the engagements, well the
  • Charity Gala is something either he or Harry would have done anyway together or alone.
  • The Trooping of the Colour is alway attended by the family, job permitting.
  • Grandpa's birthday is family stuff, and OK it's royal family stuff but still he's grandpa and he's 90!
  • And, as a reward he gets to let off steam at a Polo match then comes the
  • Gala bit (tiara's yay!!!) and nicely rounding off with
  • The Garter Ceremony.
Not too strenuous an introduction for Catherine but it runs the full gamut.

Last edited:
I like the way you put it, Marg :D
didn't realize there would be a Tiara event, double Yay!

Last edited:
:previous: I agree, surprisingly the press seem to be keeping their distance.

As to the engagements, well the
  • Charity Gala is something either he or Harry would have done anyway together or alone.
  • The Trooping of the Colour is alway attended by the family, job permitting.
  • Grandpa's birthday is family stuff, and OK it's royal family stuff but still he's grandpa and he's 90!
  • And, as a reward he gets to let off steam at a Polo match then comes the
  • Gala bit (tiara's yay!!!) and nicely rounding off with
  • The Garter Ceremony.
Not too strenuous an introduction for Catherine but it runs the full gamut.

Still nothing though that shows us who Kate is or her future role in the family. Unless you consider that her whole role will be standing by William. No criticism just analysis. I would like to really see who she is while on a visit and I feel like all I have seen is careful arranged photo ops.

Anyone know the reason for their trip to the U.S.? I get Canada. I heard charity reasons (for william's charities) but is that right.

k guess I was wrong no gala there will be a reception/lunch at Windsor Castle. The gala was on May 24th

Last edited:
I am impressed with the way Catherine is being eased into "The Firm". Those who moan that she should be involving herself in charity work forget two things,
  1. She needs to be asked to participate of become Patron, and
  2. She needs to take her time and pick those which she feels she can contribute significantly to,
The is a third or perhaps first consideration. HM, PoW and Prince William are all guiding her so that she gets it right. Too many and too much would be counterproductive at this time.

I liked that article in the sticky about the Queen keeping a close eye on the Tour of Canada by the New Duke & Duchess. It made complete sense. She might love her son, Charles but she knows that he has little to no popularity and I think she suspects that the future of the monarchy's survival could well rest with those 2. Agree... Disagree ???

I liked that article in the sticky about the Queen keeping a close eye on the Tour of Canada by the New Duke & Duchess. It made complete sense. She might love her son, Charles but she knows that he has little to no popularity and I think she suspects that the future of the monarchy's survival could well rest with those 2. Agree... Disagree ???

IMO the Queen's household would expect to be kept in the loop because QEII is the head of 'The Firm' and everything William and Kate do on these trips reflects on the monarchy.
On a personal level I could see William's grandmother being interested and hoping things go well for the young couple. But I actually don't think the Queen would be thinking about it in a Charles versus William kind of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom