Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why Princejohnny...I must admit that I have been to three CA cities (LA, San Diego and San Francisco) and they have all have their plusses and minuses ---- though San Francisco is my favorite city after London and Kauai.

I believe LA has a fairly large British population (in the movie industry)...isn't there an award or something that is given there for British movie industry during the summer. Didn't Sarah and Andrew attend such an event when they were married?

It was on the news a few days ago...they mentioned the royal couples trip to LA. I'm being selfish, but I hope they do come here. I love NY and San Francisco, but royals are always visiting those cities.

Zonk said:
I believe LA has a fairly large British population (in the movie industry)...isn't there an award or something that is given there for British movie industry during the summer. Didn't Sarah and Andrew attend such an event when they were married?

Are you talking about the Britannia Awards?
It's the LA version of the BAFTA. I believe Prince Andrew and Prince Edward have been presenters.

Last edited:
Yes it was on the Telegraph, William will go to california in his capacity of President of the BAFTA for one event (dont know which one and when, but I check the BAFTA site and come back soon).

It was on the news a few days ago...they mentioned the royal couples trip to LA. I'm being selfish, but I hope they do come here. I love NY and San Francisco, but royals are always visiting those cities.

Are you talking about the Britannia Awards?
It's the LA version of the BAFTA. I believe Prince Andrew and Prince Edward have been presenters.

Thats exactly what I am talking about. :flowers:Thanks CrownPrincess5...it makes a bit of sense now. If I recall, Sarah and Andrew also visited a film set during their trip as well.

:previous: I'm glad royals don't often visit LA. Imo, it would only encourage what appears to be a growing likekess between celebrity culture and royalty which I personally detest.

It would be rather cute seeing them at Disney Land however..haha.

That said, I certainly hope visits to LA are far and very few between for the Duke and Duchess and I imagine they would be.

(Please note that this is my opinion so no one get on the deffensive. I've been and I've seen on more than one occasion)

The only difference between celebrities and royals is that celebrities actually get their status due to something they have actually done whereas royals get their status by birth and not on anything they have achieved. They are still only celebrities. LA would be perfect for them for that reason - glitz, glamour and no substance.

:previous: Your opinion and you're welcome too it. Needless to say I don't agree, at all :)

Prince William is not only a Royal (with a workload), but also a working man with a stressful job.

There are many people with far less stressful and dangerous jobs than Prince William, I wonder if that means they are without substance as well.

More information about Wills and Kate's upcoming royal tour of Canada

It looks like it's going to be a large turn out on Canada Day in Ottawa!

Ottawa Hotels Book Up Ahead of Wills and Kate's Visit - Toronto Political Buzz | Examiner.com
We always go bananas over royals turning up to assist us to celebrate Canada Day.. I ma gald they are doing brisk business as a result......I truly think they will be a sensation here..........I hope it doesn't rain....

TRH left for their 2 week honeymoon on monday!Great!I do hope the press,nor the Forums,find out where they went until they return.And no,they are not in LA,nor planned to go there...:p

Last edited:
If the resort wants them to visit again, I doubt the location will ever be revealed. I don't want to know...everyone needs privacy.

Well, I don't want to know... now. Maybe when they come back! lol

Last edited:
I hope they come or LA on a weekend so as not to disrupt the already horrible traffic, like when Obama comes!

I hope they come or LA on a weekend so as not to disrupt the already horrible traffic, like when Obama comes!

I sincerely doubt that William and Kate will shut down the airport and have multiple large motorcades like the President. ;)

I sincerely doubt that William and Kate will shut down the airport and have multiple large motorcades like the President. ;)

The question begs to be asked....why is Obama going to California at the same time William and Kate will be there?

The question begs to be asked....why is Obama going to California at the same time William and Kate will be there?

I have a good answer for that, but if I posted it Zonk would have me banned forever!!!

Obama's not going to California.

Please, no. I would rather not hear about someone's political leanings. It makes for a very uncomfortable board.

Last edited:
Please, no. I would rather not hear about someone's political leanings. It makes for a very uncomfortable board.

And that is why I try to cease Obama and before that Bush bashing in the royal threads. IF you want to do that, please go to a political board and squeak blue, red or purple until your hearts content.

Any and all additional off topic posts about Obama will be deleted. And yes, its off topic if there hasn't been any official discussion about the Cambridge's meeting the Obamas.

Does anyone knows which American State has the most number of British expat? I imagine California, but not so sure about it.

Also, true that a lot of people see them as celebrities, but If I was to have my tax money given to someone else, I much rather send to the BRF than the Charlie Sheens and Kardashians of pop media.

Of course media will go crazy about their visit, just look when one of those Starlets go to the court, the number of cameras presented is insane, and that's just a 30 seconds walk. I'm very curious to what is the purpose of the actual trip, besides,of course, Catherine's fashion choices. :)

Do you mean English living here on green cards, or British who have been naturalized?

They've only been married for 2 weeks....

Let them be and......have privacy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom