The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I think KP is really the best solution.
And Margaret's apartment will be a fresh start for William, much better than living in his childhood home. I think it was very short-sighted to use the space for offices and storage; they might have known it would be needed someday!

It's also good that Harry will get Nottingham Cottage, rather than living with his father and stepmother in Clarence House. It's nice for him to have a place of his own.
I thought the same thing; how could PM's apartment be used for such purposes? It's understandable that Historic Royal Palaces needs premises to operate out of, but surely other accommodations could have been used instead. It will take quite a sum of money to restore the apartment back to its original state, but it is part of the historic KP and it's good that it will be used again as a dwelling.

And I'm sure Harry will make the most of solo living in Nott Cottage!

Old 11-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Majesty

And yet another article on the choice of KP as the official London residence.

Prince William and Kate Middleton to move into permanent home at Kensington Palace - mirror.co.uk

Baroness, and 4Pam, when hearing the word 'apartment' I have the same understanding as you; a small space, with three bedrooms and (possibly) two bathrooms. Of course, when reading about royals, one must take things up a notch. A four-storey apartment might as well be called 'a house', but since they don't take up the whole building, it makes sense to call it what they did. This will be exciting to follow, especially when they have children.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The KP move is being discussed in two threads, there is a W&C home thread just to let people know.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Well. I guess they are thinking of the future. It is a perfect spot for children, which I am now wondering about, plenty of room to run around and play hide and seek. Its good that they will have their own place. Its time for them to start their lives in their own place with their own personal touch. I am happy for them. Maybe kiddies soon!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess make it to the 'Influential Londoners' List. They're number fifteen. Not bad.

Wills and Kate cement their power couple status on our influential Londoners list | News

Old 11-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I thought the same thing; how could PM's apartment be used for such purposes? It's understandable that Historic Royal Palaces needs premises to operate out of, but surely other accommodations could have been used instead. It will take quite a sum of money to restore the apartment back to its original state, but it is part of the historic KP and it's good that it will be used again as a dwelling.

And I'm sure Harry will make the most of solo living in Nott Cottage!
They probably figure that by 2013 they will have a child or be having a child so it's good for future long-term usage. Prince Harry will probably enjoy that space and single living.....if he is still single LOL
Old 11-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The Duke and Duchess make it to the 'Influential Londoners' List. They're number fifteen. Not bad.

Wills and Kate cement their power couple status on our influential Londoners list | News
Hmm, what will it take to get to No. 1, I wonder...maybe having a female heir to the throne?
Old 11-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Hmm, what will it take to get to No. 1, I wonder...maybe having a female heir to the throne?
I don't see how having a daughter makes them any more influential.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Naturally, but my remark was made with tongue planted in cheek.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Naturally, but my remark was made with tongue planted in cheek.
I think I must be oblivious to remarks like this as I've missed two today.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

So tonight's dinner has begun
Quote:
BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt
At a St James' Palace reception in black tie (not just a tie). Lots of tempting canapés on offer. #royal

RegalEyes Mark Stewart
Will & Kate's tree wedding theme continues at the St James's Palace dinner. Tonight's trees will be replanted at the National Arboretum.

QueenVicMirror Victoria Murphy
At St James' Palace for William and Kate's reception for the National Memorial Arboretum. Lots of amazing dresses among guests

Nat_Mem_Arb Memorial Arboretum
Arrived at St James's Palace ahead of tonight's Appeal dinner. It's stunning, decorated with trees that will be planted at the Arboretum

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt
The duchess is wearing a long dress-- floaty apparently. The duke's in a suit. #royal

Link to The National Memorial Arboretum Appeal, the charity supported tonight by The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge The National Memorial Arboretum - Welcome to the National Memorial Arboretum website

Also for anyone who wants to donate to the charity The National Memorial Arboretum
Old 11-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Majesty

Thanks, ghost_night554. Hopefully we'll get a few pictures from the event.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

More info on the dress
Quote:
BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt

In response to incessant demands, the dress is silvery. #royal
Looks like other RC's are enjoying Peter's commentating
Quote:
MaxFosterCNN Max Foster @

Very much enjoying your dress analysis @BBCPeterHunt
Quotes from William's speech
Quote:
BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt

Prince William has called the National Memorial Arboretum an "iconic focal point for the Nation's remembrance of British heroes". #royal

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt

William went on, "it is a place of sanctuary....a place of quiet pride in the selflessness and sacrifice of those who have gone before."

Old 11-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Pix are IN
Quote:
MaxFosterCNN Max Foster @

@TRH_Wills_Kate we have the pics back and plan to show them between 945 and 10 on CNN Int.
I don't have CNN international but I'm sure they'll be online in a matter of minutes after it airs. So for those wondering if your in PST it airs at 1:45pm and if your on EST it airs 4:45pm
Quote:

Prince William urged the public to dig deep for the National Memorial Arboretum, it needs 12 million in a year

Kate looked stunning tonight in a pale silver one shoulder grecian gown

Old 11-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

First picture of Kate(sorry for the what looks like spamming but wanted to make sure everyone saw the pics)
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...rtrlfour898255

More: w/William
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-J_pph0Wcfu.../s1600/wd1.jpg

Quote:

The widow of Aircraftman Gary Thompson who was killed in Afghanistan Jacqui Thompson said William and Kate so down to earth

Widow Jacqui Thompson said: "They were so sincere and interested. "I felt they could have been my son and daughter."

There were 120 guests at the dinner at St James' Palace. It was in the beautiful Picture Gallery

Guests dining with Prince William and Kate sat at tables named after trees

Old 11-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the preview photos. This gown looks like it has possibilities, so I can't wait to see more pictures. And I'm loving what I can see of that diamond drop earring, and in the full-view photo that could be the diamond bracelet Kate wore at the charity dinner at CH. Hopefully we'll see closeups of that as well to confirm.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

That dress

For those who watch Project Runway in the US, that dress looks remarkably like one of the losing entries several weeks ago- was thought to look too much like the Statue of Liberty! I'm sure Kate's gown is lovely though-looking forward to a better picture.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

William's speech(full audio)
Audioboo / Prince William's speech at the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal Dinner

Right so the CNN pics should have been released by now I'll keep my eye out.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
For those who watch Project Runway in the US, that dress looks remarkably like one of the losing entries several weeks ago- was thought to look too much like the Statue of Liberty! I'm sure Kate's gown is lovely though-looking forward to a better picture.

Oh, no, now you've put that Statue of Liberty image in my head!! Hoping for more photos soon.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

While we wait another article I found.
Tourism: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge soon in Tunisia

ETA:
Another pic of Kate you can see the dress alot better here
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...livefour144781
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu...btf2o1_500.jpg
Quote:

Kate spoke to violinist Nicola Benedetti. Kate asked her if she was nervous when she performed

Kate told violinist Nicola Benedetti she once sang in a choir in a church

And the rest...
http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOpe...type=newsearch

If you can't open these go to newscom.com and type in cambridge

That's a wrap from me I'm off going to lie down a bit since I have a funeral to go to tonight.

Closed Thread