The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Happy 6 month wedding anniversary to the Duke and Duchess. A wonderful article about the 2 of them
Young, glamorous and modern, how six months after their wedding the world fell for Kate and Wills - mirror.co.uk
About the 2nd pic in this link-
Wills and Harry in tails and top hats! Dashing and dapper!

Old 10-30-2011, 03:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
About the 2nd pic in this link-
Wills and Harry in tails and top hats! Dashing and dapper!
Y'know, these two (especially William) could probably look good in almost anything. Still can't believe it's been six months. Seems like yesterday that I was staying up all night to watch the wedding, and spending the day of in a complete daze.

Errr....yes, what a wonderful picture.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton scar: Duchess got hit on the head during a sporting accident | Mail Online
Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Happy 6 month wedding anniversary to the Duke and Duchess. A wonderful article about the 2 of them
Young, glamorous and modern, how six months after their wedding the world fell for Kate and Wills - mirror.co.uk
Hey, lookee there, it's lasted longer than Kim Kardashians. . . .

(Yes, Russo knows that there is just NO comparison, she's just being cheeky today. . )
Old 11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Where has this year gone?!! Married six months and to think, this time last year we didn't have a clue!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, congratulations to them on 6 months of wedded bliss. I wish them more happiness. Catherine was always very athletic and it doesn't surprise me that she would have been injured during a sporting event. I'm supposing the surgery had to do with that injury.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Will and Kate on their six months of married life. That article is a great perspective of the events that took place during this half year and what an effective team they make. I'm sure there are bigger and better things ahead for them, but it's obvious as long as they're doing it together nothing is impossible.

And it's not too surprising that Kate got that scar as a results of sports, being the active person she's always been. I thought perhaps it could have been the reason. I wonder if helmets are now mandated for these contact sports; they should be.

And, Russo, although there's no comparison (as you said), you'd think with all the glitz and glamour Kim Kardashian's marriage might have lasted a weeee bit longer, lol!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post

And, Russo, although there's no comparison (as you said), you'd think with all the glitz and glamour Kim Kardashian's marriage might have lasted a weeee bit longer, lol!
And there's the difference between class (Wills and Catherine) and no class (The Kardashian Klan. . . .).
Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Congratulations to Will and Kate on their six months of married life. That article is a great perspective of the events that took place during this half year and what an effective team they make. I'm sure there are bigger and better things ahead for them, but it's obvious as long as they're doing it together nothing is impossible.

And it's not too surprising that Kate got that scar as a results of sports, being the active person she's always been. I thought perhaps it could have been the reason. I wonder if helmets are now mandated for these contact sports; they should be.

You said it beautifully. They're a great team, and have so much to look forward to. Makes me think of a line from a song from 'Wicked':

'Unlimited, together we're unlimited'

It fits them perfectly.

As for the Kardashian mess, as Russo pointed out, there's class and then there's lack thereof. Quite depressing to witness.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Is anyone else concerned that they both easily got injured during sporting activities so severly that they needed to go to the hospital? For instance, in lacrosse in the United States only men wear complete head guards while women simply have 'eye shields'. I realise William was hit with a golf club and golf normally doesn't need any protection but field hockey or whatever Catherine was playing clearly needs some sort of 'guard'. I question the lack of protection at schools for sporting activities and hope that William or Catherine perhaps take that on as a cause...

JMO, hope I didn't offend anyone.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Is anyone else concerned that they both easily got injured during sporting activities so severly that they needed to go to the hospital? For instance, in lacrosse in the United States only men wear complete head guards while women simply have 'eye shields'. I realise William was hit with a golf club and golf normally doesn't need any protection but field hockey or whatever Catherine was playing clearly needs some sort of 'guard'. I question the lack of protection at schools for sporting activities and hope that William or Catherine perhaps take that on as a cause...

I don't think there is anything to be concerned about.

Men wear head gear in lacrosse because when a man hurls a lacrosse ball to a teammate, it's going a heckuva lot faster than when a women does the same thing. Sorry ladies, no matter how hard we try to be equals with men, they really are (physically) stronger than we are.

It appears Kate's accident was during a field hockey match, the ball doesn't travel through the air, or rather it shouldn't, thus the need for head gear is minimal.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Majesty

Kate is a natural in her public life.She is doing a great job so far.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Nobility

I agree with you IloveCP!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Kate is a natural in her public life.She is doing a great job so far.
`

Now this might sound a wee bit odd but it just hit me.
I think that one reason that Kate (and William) come across so well with their public is that she definitely does not focus on the *I*... hence there is no sense of an inflated ego.

Many in the public eye tend to draw attention to themselves as far as how they dress, how they behave, how they talk to people. Both William and Kate can easily put the attention on where they are, who they're meeting and the purpose they have in mind as their primary goals and in that way, draw the people around them into the event along with them.

Although I'm sure a lot of us just love following what Kate wears and how she does her hair and such (it does get a lot of attention), what I think is remarkable is how often the follow ups with this couple seems to have a heartwarming effect that very much underscores the empathy and caring of these two. Such as the follow up letter to the little boy in the hospital, the donations to charity the stemmed from their wedding gifts, Wills taking time and requesting to visit Australia after a natural disaster.
None of these acts are self serving or even something that they were required to do as their "roles" but come from the heart.

Little by little this couple are making differences in people's lives. They do it naturally.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

Or, I hate to say it, she is a natural "mouse" and is, and always has been happy to be in the background. I remember, long before I became a member of TRF a post that said that Kate (as she was called then) was the perfect decoration for a royal arm.
We will see in time I imagine but, at least she is a pleasant change from the "I, me" that we have heard constantly from the ex-duchess of York.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
Or, I hate to say it, she is a natural "mouse" and is, and always has been happy to be in the background. I remember, long before I became a member of TRF a post that said that Kate (as she was called then) was the perfect decoration for a royal arm.
We will see in time I imagine but, at least she is a pleasant change from the "I, me" that we have heard constantly from the ex-duchess of York.
Did you mean "mouse" which is not a very nice label? Or did you perhaps mean "muse".
Old 11-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post

No, no offense taken, and you brought up good points though I did speculate in my post if they should be mandating helmets. In professional sports, they do - with the exception of soccer (football), AFAIK. And while the ball may not travel long in field hockey, there is that chance that someone can get whacked in the head with a stick in close quarters which might have occurred to Kate. I think anyone on a playing field, especially in school sports, needs to be wearing protective gear.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Did you mean "mouse" which is not a very nice label? Or did you perhaps mean "muse".
No, I meant mouse, I don't think Catherine could be anyone except a dizzy teenager's muse.

As in "reserved, modest, shy, shrinking violet, mouse" Quoted from Roget's Thesaurus.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books

No, no offense taken, and you brought up good points though I did speculate in my post if they should be mandating helmets. In professional sports, they do - with the exception of soccer (football), AFAIK. And while the ball may not travel long in field hockey, there is that chance that someone can get whacked in the head with a stick in close quarters which might have occurred to Kate. I think anyone on a playing field, especially in school sports, needs to be wearing protective gear.
Thank you, that's exactly how I feel since really William and Kate are two out of possibly many cases. The idea of having your child have surgery and on their head, Diana and Carole were probably justifiably terrified.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the Cambridge trip to Copenhagen should be posted http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1333201 .

Thanks!

Zonk

Closed Thread