The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Nobility

more photos of the football match

Prince William Pictures - Prince William Plays Football with Friends - Zimbio

Old 05-26-2011, 04:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtonruben359
More information about the royal tour of Canada has been released.

The Duchess of Green Gables: Kate insisted on a visit to PEI - Toronto Political Buzz | Examiner.com
That's incredibly endearing if it's true. I'm also a huge fan of the Anne books.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

William & Catherine's Charitable Gift Fund

Not sure where to add this, but....

Friendly reminder:

You only have until the END OF MAY to send William & Kate a wedding present by donating to their Charitable Gift Fund, which will be divided among 26 chosen charities. Per experience, donating is extremely easy. So if you intended to do so, do it before it’s too late. So far, the charity has collected close to £1m.

http://www.royalweddingcharityfund.org
Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
He looks really good (very manly) in those photos!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

Am I the only one who thinks William looked marvy with a beard?
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vita View Post
No definitely not!
Maybe not now, but in the future I wouldn't mind him sporting one. Prince Michael of Kent has one and still looks very dapper .

Even with the hair situation I think William is a handsome man. Just look at those pictures of him playing football. Sure the tan helps, but I've always love his face (and voice).
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
No definitely not!
Maybe not now, but in the future I wouldn't mind him sporting one. Prince Michael of Kent has one and still looks very dapper .

Even with the hair situation I think William is a handsome man. Just look at those pictures of him playing football. Sure the tan helps, but I've always love his face (and voice).
I definitely have to agree with you on the voice. It was the first thing I actually noticed about him way back in '97 (though it's the first thing I noticed about pretty much everyone, since my lack of eye sight doesn't allow to remember faces all that well). He sounded and still sounds very sophisticated (maybe the accent helps here too).

And yes, even with hair loss, he is still a very good looking man.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy

Royal reinvention no.2: Forty new outfits (but no ladies in waiting). How Kate's plotting to dazzle Hollywood | Mail Online

More info on what Will & Catherine will be doing and how many outfits the Duchess is going to need.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Aristocracy

It just dawned on me that in two weeks we'll witness the Duke of Cambridge, Prince William, take part in his first Queen's Birthday Parade on horseback during Trooping of the Colour as the Colonel of the Irish Guards. William in his first bearskin...now that will be a sight you won't want to miss...IMHO
Old 05-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Will the Trouping be televised?

I have a phobia of losing hair and so William's premature balding freaks me out a little as he is only two years younger than me.

Nevertheless, seeing him in his uniform is gonna be hot. I also must confess I get a bit of a thrill when Charles wears his kilts at Balmoral. Also vetti hot!
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Nobility

Details of Canada and Usa Tour announced on Monday by Buckingham Palace
Old 05-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I don't like facial hair on guys, so I'll have to disagree with you on that bit. William is a very handsome man (though I prefer his brother), but he took a few steps down when he grew the beard. I hope I never see Harry in one.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger
Royal reinvention no.2: Forty new outfits (but no ladies in waiting). How Kate's plotting to dazzle Hollywood | Mail Online

More info on what Will & Catherine will be doing and how many outfits the Duchess is going to need.
Man the comments the DM readers make about Kate on this article are really mean.....wow....
Old 05-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Man the comments the DM readers make about Kate on this article are really mean.....wow....
No matter what she does, she'll be criticized, just like Diana was!

Remember when Diana was criticized for spending too much on her clothes?
But on the occasions when she wore the same outfit she'd worn before, the critics were merciless about that too!

It's hard to strike a balance, but I think Kate has done well so far.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Commoner

The DM has housed the most spiteful comments on Kate throughout the years. I am almost certain they are likely the same people who have criticized her every move and called her names. And being a royal watcher for years, I know there are a few who would do anything to destroy her! Now that Kate's married to William, my guess is the haters aren't happy and are waiting on the first opportunity to pounce on her reputation. I wouldn't trust those talkbacks. They are not the majority. I have long learned to laugh off the DM comments and the haters therein.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I don't like facial hair on guys, so I'll have to disagree with you on that bit. William is a very handsome man (though I prefer his brother), but he took a few steps down when he grew the beard. I hope I never see Harry in one.
You know sister, after the wedding a could see a beginning of a bold spot on Harry' head Let's hope the case doesn't evolve :P

About DM comments. One of the many things I've learn since joining this particular forum is not to pay much attention to that.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae

You know sister, after the wedding a could see a beginning of a bold spot on Harry' head Let's hope the case doesn't evolve :P

About DM comments. One of the many things I've learn since joining this particular forum is not to pay much attention to that.
DM posters in general hate fat people, ugly people, old people, young people, thin pepole, straight people, gay people, and beautiful people. Most of all they hate themselves.

I THOUGHT I noticed this but then decided it was the lighting.

Will the Duke and Duchess be attending Wimbledon this year?
Old 05-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Commoner

DM posters can be vicious, They have never once had anything good to say about Kate, I think it's incredibly cruel how they and the media are taking Pippa into their hearts and not Kate. She is our future Queen but because she doesn't cause trouble the media dislike her. Personally I think it's wonderful for us to have an elegant, posed Duchess who represents the family so well. She wasn't brought up as a royal so it can't be easy. She doesn't get enough credit for it.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Will the Duke and Duchess be attending Wimbledon this year?
Nothing has been confirm yet, but there is talk about making the Duchess a patron since she is fan of the sport. Any excuse to see them more often I'm up for it :P

Quote:
DM posters in general hate fat people, ugly people, old people, young people, thin pepole, straight people, gay people, and beautiful people. Most of all they hate themselves.
Preach!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Nope, I thought he looked terrific. Some people look great in a beard, others not so much. He is one who looks very good in one.

Closed Thread