The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Nobility

Now confirmed by Clarence House:

@ClarenceHouse

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will visit @unicef_uk emergency distribution centre for #EastAfrica famine in Copenhagen - The Prince of Wales - The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to visit Copenhagen to view Emergency Distribution effort for East Africa

Old 10-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The Danish Royal Court has also published similar information relating to the visit of the Cambridges to Copenhagen.

Quote:
02/11 11 Kronprinsparret besøger sammen med Hertugen og Hertuginden af Cambridge UNICEFs Supply Division center i København. For yderligere information se nyheden under "Aktuelt".
Quote:
02/11 11 Crown Prince Couple visit together with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge UNICEF's Suppy Divison centre in Copenhagen. For more information see the news under 'Aktuelt'.
Press release (translated) from Kongehuset.dk

The Cambridges will also have a private lunch with the Danish Crown Prince Couple at Frederik VIII's Palace prior to the engagement at UNICEF.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's nice that the couples with finally meet, looking forward to the clothes.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

As this visit will be taking place in Copenhagen, a specific thread for the visit of the Cambridges has been created in the Danish sub-forum:

Working Visit to Copenhagen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge; November 2nd, 2011

Further discussion, information and photos when they come shall be posted there.

Happy posting!

JessRulz
TRF Admin
Old 10-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Courtier

Royal trip: Prince William, Kate Middleton to visit UNICEF center in Denmark - The Washington Post

Here is the one story about the UNICEF trip ......"The British and Danish palaces said Wednesday that the couple will be accompanied by Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark."
Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Oh I am so looking forward to this trip to Denmark! It will be wonderful at last for William and Catherine to mix abit with Frederik and Mary, I hope they become friends!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Majesty

More on the visit to Denmark:

William & Kate Visit Denmark on Unicef Trip : People.com

Wills and Kate's emotional appeal for starving children | News

This couple never fails to amaze me with their concern for those who are less fortunate. I love the fact that this was their idea.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's nice that the couples with finally meet, looking forward to the clothes.
AMEN!! I am too.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Now this will be a great humanitarian visit and it will be nice to see the two royal couples together. I'm looking forward to the coverage.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Per JessRulz's note...all posts regarding William and Catherine visiting Denmark should be posted in the Danish Forum. You can find the thread here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1-a-32054.html

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Now this will be a great humanitarian visit and it will be nice to see the two royal couples together. I'm looking forward to the coverage.
Hear, hear! My two favorite royal couples in the same vicinity.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

So excited for next week's visit what a great cause!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

WOW!!! With less than one year as a member of the royal family and all of the duties she has performed including the upcoming visit next week...how does one continue to call the Duchess "lazy":
royal tour
Queen's birthday
Irish Guards
fund raisers
building openings
condolence visits

Fascinating...just my opinion
Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
WOW!!! With less than one year as a member of the royal family and all of the duties she has performed including the upcoming visit next week...how does one continue to call the Duchess "lazy":
royal tour
Queen's birthday
Irish Guards
fund raisers
building openings
condolence visits

I'm in complete agreement. For someone who's been in the Family only six months, she has adapted very well and done quite a lot.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Two of my favorite couples are finally meeting next week! I can't wait to see and it's for such a great cause.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Has this been seen? It's the official photo for next week's visit
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...r2doo1_400.jpg
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely photo of a very photogenic couple - and if you look real, real close you can just about see Will's hand around Kate's waist right at her waistline.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Has this been seen? It's the official photo for next week's visit
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...r2doo1_400.jpg
Look at the photo at the top of this blog from the couple's visit to Canada: A Modern Royal Couple: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Canada Tour Details

It looks like the two photos were taken during the same session with some photoshopping used to change the backgrounds and lighting. Otherwise, I don't know why they would wear the same outfits for both official visits.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Yep I'm sure they're prob planning on using the photos from that session on all their official tours this year. They'll prob do a new one for next years tours. It's def not the EXACT same photo but it's highly likely that it may be from the same session

ETA I was right according to Getty Images the date the photo was released to them was June 3rd the same day the official photo for the Canada/US tour was released http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=117288201&EditorialProduct=Entertainment
So hence it has to be from the same session.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
royal tour
Queen's birthday
Irish Guards
fund raisers
building openings
condolence visits

I dont think anyone could call William and Katherine lazy. Certainly they have pulled their weight, especially compared to others in the family.

Closed Thread