The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I fell (even more) in love with my sweetie when he very obligingly agreed to watch the series "Edward the King" many years ago. And he loved it and has enthusiastically watched many similar series in the 30 years we've been married. Good for William!
That's lovely. I watched 'Edward the King' and loved it too. It's wonderful that William enjoys these types of programs.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quite frankly I think that a hand written letter has more meaning than one that has been typed. Besides, the fact that she took the time to write it gets an applaud from me. It shows her warmth and the fact that she is human. I thought it to be a wonderful gesture from a woman who I think has total class. She once again shows that she was born to be in the place that she is. Bravo my dear and continue to be the lovely lady that you are!!!!!

Old 10-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Honestly I don't care whether it's typed or handwritten. When I sent them a letter right after their engagement and got a letter back (obv it was the standard letter you get from the palace) I completely jumped for joy. Same goes when I got one from Charles. I was just so happy to get something I didn't care what it is so the fact Catherine went out of her way to make it personal for little Fabian is even more amazing.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

New article bout little Fabian and unseen pic with the William

Kate's little hero and his saviours: Fabian hugs sisters who hold gift of life with bone marrow match | Mail Online
Old 10-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Awesome! Love the pic with William!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I love the picture of the whole family with William, but I'm even more excited over the fact that Fabian will get a chance at life with the bone marrow transplant with the help of his sisters. I had a very close friend of our family pass away from bone marrow cancer, and the sad part was, no match was sound (even sadder was the fact that she passed on while in remission). This story brought tears to my eyes.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Majesty

Can't believe it's been a year since these two got engaged. Also, I didn't know that they were engaged secretly on approximately October 20th of last year. You do learn something new every single day.

Celebrating One Year Since William and Kate’s Engagement in Kenya « The Royal Post

Old 10-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yep, they kept it a secret for awhile, good for them! I wonder where the ring was during the secrecy portion of the engagement? Well they did live together so its not like it was either at her house or his house.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

So apparently next scheduled appearance in Nov 13th for Remembrance Sunday
Old 10-25-2011, 02:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
Yep, they kept it a secret for awhile, good for them! I wonder where the ring was during the secrecy portion of the engagement? Well they did live together so its not like it was either at her house or his house.
She may have worn it privately. God knows I'd have had a hard time taking that gorgeous sapphire off!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It is perfectly fine and kind of international standard for royals / politicians to have the address and signature of a letter handwritten, the rest typed.

I guess the lack of engagements is producing some fill-in non-stories.
I have to agree. It's becoming ridiculous how many "non-stories" are showing up now.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Holy moly, November 13 can't come soon enough! Maybe we'll get an in-between sighting of Kate shopping at Waitrose or on the High Street between now and then if we're lucky and can dish on that.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Holy moly, November 13 can't come soon enough! Maybe we'll get an in-between sighting of Kate shopping at Waitrose or on the High Street between now and then if we're lucky and can dish on that.
It really has been a while, hasn't it? Looking forward to seeing them in November as well.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
It really has been a while, hasn't it? Looking forward to seeing them in November as well.
It was there choosing to lead a quiet life, sometimes it backfires.

Personally, and i'm not specifically talking to you Daria or Baroness. But when she is photographed out shopping, walking with her sister, walking to the gym - people complain that she's not getting her privacy. But, and this may sound very crude and I apologise if it offends anyone but I want to see what i am essentially paying for. I want to see Catherine and William, mainly for the outifts but also just to see them. They're a newlywed couple who're just hiding out for what seems to be to me some unknown reason.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I understand what you mean and it's obvious that Will and Kate extremely value their privacy and are trying to lead as normal a life as possible. To this end, the couple seems to be really hunkering down and keeping out of the public eye - quite successfully, I might add. But it is nice to see the couple not just on the formal occasions, but informal as well. And I don't mean in an intrusive way, although when you're high profile you do have to run the gamut of the news media and cameras in your everyday life. So I guess several of us are just champing at the bit because of their absence, would certainly like the occasional sighting and going through a bit of withdrawal until the next scheduled appearance.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I understand what you mean and it's obvious that Will and Kate extremely value their privacy and are trying to lead as normal a life as possible. To this end, the couple seems to be really hunkering down and keeping out of the public eye - quite successfully, I might add. But it is nice to see the couple not just on the formal occasions, but informal as well. And I don't mean in an intrusive way, although when you're high profile you do have to run the gamut of the news media and cameras in your everyday life. So I guess several of us are just champing at the bit because of their absence, would certainly like the occasional sighting and going through a bit of withdrawal until the next scheduled appearance.
I share your sentiments. I would love to see more of them, but at the same time, wouldn't want to see their private time intruded on. I think one or two off-the-clock sightings is all right once in a while. Of course if it became a weekly occurrence, then I'd say their privacy is being invaded, but once every few months is not that big of a deal.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Majesty

This should be a fun outing and for a good cause too.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: X Factor judge Gary Barlow to perform for Prince William and Kate

Old 10-26-2011, 04:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate's been spotted at Starbucks
Quote:
tammytaylor85 tammy taylor by RoyalKateDebate

Just seen Kate Middleton in Starbucks kings road! Whats the chances of that ??!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Nobility

Saw this on Twitter:

@BBCPeterHunt

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a UNICEF emergency supply centre in Copenhagen next week.

There'll be not 2 but 4 royals in Denmark-- the Cambridges plus the Crown Prince and Princess.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Saw this on Twitter:

@BBCPeterHunt

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a UNICEF emergency supply centre in Copenhagen next week.

There'll be not 2 but 4 royals in Denmark-- the Cambridges plus the Crown Prince and Princess.
Look forward to the event.

Closed Thread