The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
This fact has been stated before, people just refuse to accept that magazines are going by what their readers know, not titles no one has heard about.
Its a matter of getting the news out I thinks. As to whether or not its a bad thing is up to them. Most folks I think would recognize Camilla Parker Bowles than The Duchess of Cornwall. Dang she should have reverted to her maiden name in the divorce like I did. OR be referred to as Camila Windsor.

I do think that as long as Kate is referred in the press as Middleton, it just adds fuel to the fire for Pippa's publicity.

But as royals actually do not have surnames. its the press' dream.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the more that titles are used in the press, the more educated the public will be about the association, although I do feel more comfortable in my skin with my maiden name after my own divorce! But I do agree that stressing the Middleton name brings Pippa added publicity (whether she wants it or not).

Old 10-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I think the more that titles are used in the press, the more educated the public will be about the association, although I do feel more comfortable in my skin with my maiden name after my own divorce! But I do agree that stressing the Middleton name brings Pippa added publicity (whether she wants it or not).
I'm in complete agreement.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

This SHOULD be in the DOC current events thread but since it's locked I'll post it here
Kate Middleton's letter to cancer boy she could not forget - mirror.co.uk
Old 10-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

A very nice article and so indicative of how well-suited Kate would be working with children as one of her patronages and how great a mom she'd be!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Majesty

This is a very touching story, and it gives us more proof that Catherine is person with a big heart (just like her husband). I love that she does the little things, like writing a letter to a sick child by hand, and sending it to his house, rather than going and writing on his blog, as planned during their chat. She goes beyond of what is expected, and I can't tell how happy that makes me (shows that she has passion for helping others).

Yes, Baroness of Books, she would be a great patron for an organization that is involved with children, and that she will be an exceptional mother. She has a great deal to give and share, and her current position allows her to do loads of that.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Majesty

Another article dealing with Catherine's letter to a child with cancer from the Royal Marsden. The scan of the letter is included. Not to sound like a complete sap, but this story brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes healing comes from love and care, and this boy and his family are receiving a great doze of both from the Duchess of Cambridge.

Kate Middleton Sends Letter to Cancer Patient Fabian Bate : People.com

Old 10-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Another article dealing with Catherine's letter to a child with cancer from the Royal Marsden. The scan of the letter is included. Not to sound like a complete sap, but this story brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes healing comes from love and care, and this boy and his family are receiving a great doze of both from the Duchess of Cambridge.

Kate Middleton Sends Letter to Cancer Patient Fabian Bate : People.com
Hey, Daria, if your'e a sap by crying, then you are in good company because so am I. I cannot put into words how much that story has touched and uplifted my heart.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Hey, Daria, if your'e a sap by crying, then you are in good company because so am I. I cannot put into words how much that story has touched and uplifted my heart.
I'm glad I'm not alone then.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

When those 2 said that prayer at their wedding about having open hearts, and giving time and care to people who need them, they meant it...
They are ambassadors not only of the British nation, but of humanity...
Old 10-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
When those 2 said that prayer at their wedding about having open hearts, and giving time and care to people who need them, they meant it...
They are ambassadors not only of the British nation, but of humanity...
How true that is! I couldn't have said better if I tried.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Majesty

How sweet Kate is writing that letter.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

That is a lovely gesture from Catherine, how beautiful. I noticed the headed paper; is St James' Palace where they have their official offices?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
That is a lovely gesture from Catherine, how beautiful. I noticed the headed paper; is St James' Palace where they have their official offices?
I believe so.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Majesty

Lovely. Kate's doing very well.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've been lucky enough to meet some pretty special/famous people over the years and when you're going through a really tough time, knowing that someone famous cared enough to send you a letter or wanted to talk w/you, I know first hand what kind of a lift to the spirit that can have. It's truly beyond words how much something like this can have on the person it has happened to.

It says so much about Kate that she took the time to write and send this letter to this young man. On the tough days during the prep and then after his Bone Marrow Transplant, he can think back to this letter and know he's got the support of a very special lady who is pulling for him.

And now w/this letter making the news, many other people around the World will be too.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully, receiving that letter will uplift Fabian's spirits so much that it'll go a long way toward helping him during this rough time. Healing isn't only from your medication, but also from your outlook and attitude. That is a very thoughtful gesture from Kate and speaks volumes about her heart being in the right place.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I read about Kate's letter on the Daily Mail. People in the comment section where people were complaining that she did not handwrite the letter. If you read the letter, you can tell it isn't a form letter but personalized for little Fabian. Perhaps Kate remembers the handwritten letter she wrote to Wimbleton that had the typos that the papers pointed out this summer. Some people will never be happy.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I read about Kate's letter on the Daily Mail. People in the comment section where people were complaining that she did not handwrite the letter. If you read the letter, you can tell it isn't a form letter but personalized for little Fabian. Perhaps Kate remembers the handwritten letter she wrote to Wimbleton that had the typos that the papers pointed out this summer. Some people will never be happy.
Frankly, I didn't even think about the letter being typed until you pointed it out, because that's such a minor and inconsequential detail. To me, the fact that the words came from her heart is the most important thing. How she got those words onto paper is really irrelevant.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

People will look at anything to nitpick.

Closed Thread