The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post

Lumutqueen is correct. William's is on the right - think in terms of holding a shield - the man's arms are dexter (right side) and the woman's arms are sinister (left side).
If we are talking about the 2 coat of arms on the top of the first page of this thread, then William's is clearly on the left (hence the Order of the Garter surrounding the arms of it's member)

Old 10-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post

Lumutqueen is correct. William's is on the right - think in terms of holding a shield - the man's arms are dexter (right side) and the woman's arms are sinister (left side).
Ok, I'm confused, exactly what are we talking about? Where can I see what we were talking about?

Old 10-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

At least 3 appearances in Nov! Yes!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Serene Highness

So I've heard that The duke and duchess if Cambridge are heading to Denmark to meet with the Danish Royals for an event. Can't wait to hear how it goes
Old 10-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle

Not to be too nit-picky, but the coat of arms on the LEFT is William's coat of arms. The one on the RIGHT is Catharine's coat of arms. (I assume we're talking about the 2 coat of arms on the top of the first page of this thread, right?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane

If we are talking about the 2 coat of arms on the top of the first page of this thread, then William's is clearly on the left (hence the Order of the Garter surrounding the arms of it's member)
I was wrong, William on the left and Catherine on the right. We are I believe as I am not the original questioner talking about the coats of arms at the top of the events page. On Catherine's coat of arms it is split into two, combining Williams an her own.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Now my friend is on a train to Hartlepool and his seat has had to be altered due to the arrival of royals. With HM, Charles, Harry and Andrew out of the country that leaves Anne, Catherine and The Earl and Countess. I am intrigued.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Now my friend is on a train to Hartlepool and his seat has had to be altered due to the arrival of royals. With HM, Charles, Harry and Andrew out of the country that leaves Anne, Catherine and The Earl and Countess. I am intrigued.
Anne and Sir Tim are on an official visit in Ghana are they not?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy 6 month wedding anniversary to the Duke and Duchess. A wonderful article about the 2 of them
Young, glamorous and modern, how six months after their wedding the world fell for Kate and Wills - mirror.co.uk
Old 10-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Happy 6 month wedding anniversary to the Duke and Duchess. A wonderful article about the 2 of them
Young, glamorous and modern, how six months after their wedding the world fell for Kate and Wills - mirror.co.uk
This was such a sweet article. They blossomed as individuals and as a couple.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
About the 2nd pic in this link-
Wills and Harry in tails and top hats! Dashing and dapper!
Old 10-30-2011, 03:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
About the 2nd pic in this link-
Wills and Harry in tails and top hats! Dashing and dapper!
Y'know, these two (especially William) could probably look good in almost anything. Still can't believe it's been six months. Seems like yesterday that I was staying up all night to watch the wedding, and spending the day of in a complete daze.

Errr....yes, what a wonderful picture.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton scar: Duchess got hit on the head during a sporting accident | Mail Online
Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Hey, lookee there, it's lasted longer than Kim Kardashians. . . .

(Yes, Russo knows that there is just NO comparison, she's just being cheeky today. . )
Old 11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Where has this year gone?!! Married six months and to think, this time last year we didn't have a clue!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, congratulations to them on 6 months of wedded bliss. I wish them more happiness. Catherine was always very athletic and it doesn't surprise me that she would have been injured during a sporting event. I'm supposing the surgery had to do with that injury.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Will and Kate on their six months of married life. That article is a great perspective of the events that took place during this half year and what an effective team they make. I'm sure there are bigger and better things ahead for them, but it's obvious as long as they're doing it together nothing is impossible.

And it's not too surprising that Kate got that scar as a results of sports, being the active person she's always been. I thought perhaps it could have been the reason. I wonder if helmets are now mandated for these contact sports; they should be.

And, Russo, although there's no comparison (as you said), you'd think with all the glitz and glamour Kim Kardashian's marriage might have lasted a weeee bit longer, lol!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post

And, Russo, although there's no comparison (as you said), you'd think with all the glitz and glamour Kim Kardashian's marriage might have lasted a weeee bit longer, lol!
And there's the difference between class (Wills and Catherine) and no class (The Kardashian Klan. . . .).
Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Congratulations to Will and Kate on their six months of married life. That article is a great perspective of the events that took place during this half year and what an effective team they make. I'm sure there are bigger and better things ahead for them, but it's obvious as long as they're doing it together nothing is impossible.

And it's not too surprising that Kate got that scar as a results of sports, being the active person she's always been. I thought perhaps it could have been the reason. I wonder if helmets are now mandated for these contact sports; they should be.

You said it beautifully. They're a great team, and have so much to look forward to. Makes me think of a line from a song from 'Wicked':

'Unlimited, together we're unlimited'

It fits them perfectly.

As for the Kardashian mess, as Russo pointed out, there's class and then there's lack thereof. Quite depressing to witness.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Is anyone else concerned that they both easily got injured during sporting activities so severly that they needed to go to the hospital? For instance, in lacrosse in the United States only men wear complete head guards while women simply have 'eye shields'. I realise William was hit with a golf club and golf normally doesn't need any protection but field hockey or whatever Catherine was playing clearly needs some sort of 'guard'. I question the lack of protection at schools for sporting activities and hope that William or Catherine perhaps take that on as a cause...

JMO, hope I didn't offend anyone.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Is anyone else concerned that they both easily got injured during sporting activities so severly that they needed to go to the hospital? For instance, in lacrosse in the United States only men wear complete head guards while women simply have 'eye shields'. I realise William was hit with a golf club and golf normally doesn't need any protection but field hockey or whatever Catherine was playing clearly needs some sort of 'guard'. I question the lack of protection at schools for sporting activities and hope that William or Catherine perhaps take that on as a cause...

JMO, hope I didn't offend anyone.
I don't think there is anything to be concerned about.

Men wear head gear in lacrosse because when a man hurls a lacrosse ball to a teammate, it's going a heckuva lot faster than when a women does the same thing. Sorry ladies, no matter how hard we try to be equals with men, they really are (physically) stronger than we are.

It appears Kate's accident was during a field hockey match, the ball doesn't travel through the air, or rather it shouldn't, thus the need for head gear is minimal.

Closed Thread