The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
Yes, there was such a category last night. :)
Thank you. This is amusing. Would love to know the questions that were asked/chosen.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank you. This is amusing. Would love to know the questions that were asked/chosen.
I didn't catch all of it, but I remember one answer was about the wing on his wedding day uniform. :)

What is RAF, of course.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
I didn't catch all of it, but I remember one answer was about the wing on his wedding day uniform. :)

What is RAF, of course.
I checked my twitter, and the person who posted about the category listed some other questions too. I think one was about the venue where him and Catherine got married (Westminster Abbey), and the other one dealt with the town that William and Catherine were now Duke and Duchess of (Cambridge). Fun stuff.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Majesty

A bit of a blast from the past. Another video dealing with the opening of the Oak Centre last week.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sorry I missed that Jeopardy show. I'm sure a good portion of the questions would have stumped many a viewer other than us royal followers!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Daria_S for putting the short film up on the Duke and Duchess's visit.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm sorry I missed that Jeopardy show. I'm sure a good portion of the questions would have stumped many a viewer other than us royal followers!
Oh, there's no doubt about that. My grandmother loves asking me about William and Catherine, but the funny thing is, she asks in such a way that it sounds as if I'm acquainted with them personally. I know she's worried about my lack of socializing opportunities, but this is taking it a little too far (even if it is very amusing ).

Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Aw, tell your grandma not to worry - you socialize well enough with all of us fanatics here on the forum! I get that reaction too from my coworkers - they're interested in the goings-on of Will and Kate, but look at me quite bemused at my enthusiasm when I go into detail!!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Aw, tell your grandma not to worry - you socialize well enough with all of us fanatics here on the forum! I get that reaction too from my coworkers - they're interested in the goings-on of Will and Kate, but look at me quite bemused at my enthusiasm when I go into detail!!
Thank you .

Old 10-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Oh, there's no doubt about that. My grandmother loves asking me about William and Catherine, but the funny thing is, she asks in such a way that it sounds as if I'm acquainted with them personally. I know she's worried about my lack of socializing opportunities, but this is taking it a little too far (even if it is very amusing ).
Quote:
I get that reaction too ladies - whenever I go into detail about Princess Di! I am just thankful that there is a forum full of other royal fanatics!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Discussion about legislation impacting the Duchy of Cornwall has been moved to the Duchy of Cornwall thread.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I get that reaction too ladies - whenever I go into detail about Princess Di! I am just thankful that there is a forum full of other royal fanatics!
For that very reason m'dear, . Anyway, enough thread-napping on my part.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Story of Tinie Tempah's encounter with then Prince William and Kate Middleton
Tinie Tempah: I couldn't deprive Prince William of last Solero | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre
Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royal #william #kate The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge attended an event last night which helped raise £675,000 for Child Bereavement Charity
#royal #william #kate 100 Women in Hedge Funds held gala at St James' Palace. William is patron of both 100WHF and Child Bereavement Charity
#royal #william #kate for details later about last night's event, and for more info about the great work they do, follow @cbchelp

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royal #william #kate 100WHF is focuing for a year each on 3 of William's Patronages: Centrepoint 2010, @cbchelp 2011, Skill Force in 2012.

I asked him if we'll get any pix later on let's see what his reply is....
I know it hasn't been that long but it feels like forever since we've gotten new pix guess we were just spoiled rotten during the NA tour so now it seems weird. Haven't been here in a while I've missed this place!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended last night at a 100 Women in Hedge Found

100WHF News: 100 Women in Hedge Funds' London Gala raises over £675,000 for Child Bereavement Charity

100 Women in Hedge Funds Events: London Gala 2011

"Hello" Lady in red Duchess of Cambridge raises £675,000

"Daily Mail"
Duchess in red: William and Kate are guests of honour at charity gala
Old 10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

From Richard
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Bicycling monarchy: St James's Palace confirms William and Kate have been using London Mayor Boris Johnson's rental bikes to get around town

32 minutes ago
Old 10-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended last night at a 100 Women in Hedge Found

"Daily Mail"
Duchess in red: William and Kate are guests of honour at charity gala
I always feel a special sense of poignancy when William attends an event in support of the CBC. The cause must be close to his heart- such is the case when one can relate to the cause due to personal life experience. That charity has an ideal Patron- nobody could do better!
Old 10-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Commoner

More on the event and the label Kate wore - one of the dress designers is now married to Kate's ex Rupert Finch: Kate & William at St. James’ Palace (Kate’s 3rd Evening Gown Appearance as HRH!) UPDATED « The Royal Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I always feel a special sense of poignancy when William attends an event in support of the CBC. The cause must be close to his heart- such is the case when one can relate to the cause due to personal life experience. That charity has an ideal Patron- nobody could do better!
I agree with you. I read his speech that Marika86 kindly posted, and it spoke volumes about his passion for this cause. He understands the grief of losing a close family member (a parent nonetheless) and can provide strength and support to families who are dealing with the same sorrow.

Closed Thread