The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I understand what you mean and it's obvious that Will and Kate extremely value their privacy and are trying to lead as normal a life as possible. To this end, the couple seems to be really hunkering down and keeping out of the public eye - quite successfully, I might add. But it is nice to see the couple not just on the formal occasions, but informal as well. And I don't mean in an intrusive way, although when you're high profile you do have to run the gamut of the news media and cameras in your everyday life. So I guess several of us are just champing at the bit because of their absence, would certainly like the occasional sighting and going through a bit of withdrawal until the next scheduled appearance.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I understand what you mean and it's obvious that Will and Kate extremely value their privacy and are trying to lead as normal a life as possible. To this end, the couple seems to be really hunkering down and keeping out of the public eye - quite successfully, I might add. But it is nice to see the couple not just on the formal occasions, but informal as well. And I don't mean in an intrusive way, although when you're high profile you do have to run the gamut of the news media and cameras in your everyday life. So I guess several of us are just champing at the bit because of their absence, would certainly like the occasional sighting and going through a bit of withdrawal until the next scheduled appearance.
I share your sentiments. I would love to see more of them, but at the same time, wouldn't want to see their private time intruded on. I think one or two off-the-clock sightings is all right once in a while. Of course if it became a weekly occurrence, then I'd say their privacy is being invaded, but once every few months is not that big of a deal.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Majesty

This should be a fun outing and for a good cause too.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: X Factor judge Gary Barlow to perform for Prince William and Kate

Old 10-26-2011, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate's been spotted at Starbucks
Quote:
tammytaylor85 tammy taylor by RoyalKateDebate

Just seen Kate Middleton in Starbucks kings road! Whats the chances of that ??!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

As this visit will be taking place in Copenhagen, a specific thread for the visit of the Cambridges has been created in the Danish sub-forum:

Working Visit to Copenhagen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge; November 2nd, 2011

Further discussion, information and photos when they come shall be posted there.

Happy posting!

JessRulz
TRF Admin
Old 10-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

WOW!!! With less than one year as a member of the royal family and all of the duties she has performed including the upcoming visit next week...how does one continue to call the Duchess "lazy":
royal tour
Queen's birthday
Irish Guards
fund raisers
building openings
condolence visits

Fascinating...just my opinion
Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
WOW!!! With less than one year as a member of the royal family and all of the duties she has performed including the upcoming visit next week...how does one continue to call the Duchess "lazy":
royal tour
Queen's birthday
Irish Guards
fund raisers
building openings
condolence visits

I'm in complete agreement. For someone who's been in the Family only six months, she has adapted very well and done quite a lot.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Has this been seen? It's the official photo for next week's visit
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...r2doo1_400.jpg
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely photo of a very photogenic couple - and if you look real, real close you can just about see Will's hand around Kate's waist right at her waistline.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Look at the photo at the top of this blog from the couple's visit to Canada: A Modern Royal Couple: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Canada Tour Details

It looks like the two photos were taken during the same session with some photoshopping used to change the backgrounds and lighting. Otherwise, I don't know why they would wear the same outfits for both official visits.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Yep I'm sure they're prob planning on using the photos from that session on all their official tours this year. They'll prob do a new one for next years tours. It's def not the EXACT same photo but it's highly likely that it may be from the same session

ETA I was right according to Getty Images the date the photo was released to them was June 3rd the same day the official photo for the Canada/US tour was released http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=117288201&EditorialProduct=Entertainment
So hence it has to be from the same session.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
royal tour
Queen's birthday
Irish Guards
fund raisers
building openings
condolence visits

I dont think anyone could call William and Katherine lazy. Certainly they have pulled their weight, especially compared to others in the family.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme

Look at the photo at the top of this blog from the couple's visit to Canada: A Modern Royal Couple: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Canada Tour Details

It looks like the two photos were taken during the same session with some photoshopping used to change the backgrounds and lighting. Otherwise, I don't know why they would wear the same outfits for both official visits.
Yes, Chris Jackson, the photographer, just tweeted that the photo was taken before the Canada trip. I was wondering,too.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Thanks for the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Lovely photo of a very photogenic couple - and if you look real, real close you can just about see Will's hand around Kate's waist right at her waistline.
They're too sweet .

Old 10-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Majesty

Maybe they'll change the colour of the clothes for the next tour.

Quote:
]
ETA I was right according to Getty Images the date the photo was released to them was June 3rd the same day the official photo for the Canada/US tour was released Getty Images - Search: GBR: The Duke And Duchess of Cambridge - Official Tour Portrait
So hence it has to be from the same session.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:10 AM

Why are there two coat of arms and wht does one have another crown and lion sitting on the top of the red crown? Who designed the coat of arms and what is the unicorn symbolic of? I think they are an adorable couple and that their children will be gorgeous whenever they are born!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by overeducated1028 View Post
Why are there two coat of arms and wht does one have another crown and lion sitting on the top of the red crown? Who designed the coat of arms and what is the unicorn symbolic of? I think they are an adorable couple and that their children will be gorgeous whenever they are born!
The coat of arms on the right is Prince Williams, given to him on his 18th birthday, it consists of the escutcheon of the arms of the sovereign in right of the United Kingdom with a label for difference. As the eldest son of the Prince of Wales, Prince William's coat of arms has a label of three points. The escallop (seashell) alludes to his late mother Diana, Princess of Wales, whose Spencer coat of arms includes three escallops argent.

Catherine's coat of arms on the left combines that of Williams and her own.

The dexter supporter is a likewise crowned English lion; the sinister, a Scottish unicorn. According to legend a free unicorn was considered a very dangerous beast; therefore the heraldic unicorn is chained, as were both supporting unicorns in the Royal coat of arms of Scotland.

Dexter and sinister are terms used in heraldry to refer to specific locations in an escutcheon bearing a coat of arms and by extension also to a crest.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Catherine's first solo engagement, have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-30832-26.html .

Thanks!

Zonk

Old 10-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The coat of arms on the right is Prince Williams, given to him on his 18th birthday, it consists of the escutcheon of the arms of the sovereign in right of the United Kingdom with a label for difference. As the eldest son of the Prince of Wales, Prince William's coat of arms has a label of three points. The escallop (seashell) alludes to his late mother Diana, Princess of Wales, whose Spencer coat of arms includes three escallops argent.

Catherine's coat of arms on the left combines that of Williams and her own.

The dexter supporter is a likewise crowned English lion; the sinister, a Scottish unicorn. According to legend a free unicorn was considered a very dangerous beast; therefore the heraldic unicorn is chained, as were both supporting unicorns in the Royal coat of arms of Scotland.

Dexter and sinister are terms used in heraldry to refer to specific locations in an escutcheon bearing a coat of arms and by extension also to a crest.
Not to be too nit-picky, but the coat of arms on the LEFT is William's coat of arms. The one on the RIGHT is Catharine's coat of arms. (I assume we're talking about the 2 coat of arms on the top of the first page of this thread, right?)
Old 10-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Nobility

Lumutqueen is correct. William's is on the right - think in terms of holding a shield - the man's arms are dexter (right side) and the woman's arms are sinister (left side).

Closed Thread