The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Nobility

Duchess Kate: William and Kate photographed at the gym together + News from the Boodles Boxing Ball

photos at the gym together

Old 10-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the article, Rosapru. One can certainly say that both Will and Kate are in marvelous physical condition and work to keep that way, although by the look on their faces you can only wonder if they realized they were being photographed or were just caught at a serious moment. But I don't see why it's so amazing that the couple is so comfortable with each other that they should go to a gym together, as the article says. They're married, they should hopefully be at ease in their relationship and want to do activities with each other if they share common interests and wish to spend time together. And Pippa looks almost a dead ringer for her sister in that first photo at the Boodles Ball with the similarity of hairstyle, body type and dress. And regarding Richard Eden's quote about her ring, it sounds like the Middletons had their family crest well in advance of the wedding if Pippa has been wearing this signet ring for some time now and inquiries were made back in 2007. Talk about forethought! The detail of the ring is fuzzy, though, so I can't tell what the insignia is.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Serene Highness

dont you think its sad that even in their private time they are being followed
Old 10-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
dont you think its sad that even in their private time they are being followed

I agree.

I have always maintained that unless they are on official duties it should be illegal to publish anything about what they are doing.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

While I think that they have to put up with everything that is outside in public places or streets, these photos are very stalking-ish and intrusive and would be a reason to complain.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Courtier

I have to agree. I would hate my gym workout to be photographed. This is where gym management really need to step in and take control of loitering photographers.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
This is where gym management really need to step in and take control of loitering photographers.
I'd think they could only do that if the photographers came on to their property, though.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
While I think that they have to put up with everything that is outside in public places or streets, these photos are very stalking-ish and intrusive and would be a reason to complain.
I agree these photos are a bit stalkerish but overall I think they'd call more attention by complaining and best to just let it pass....online I haven't seen the photo anywhere but the link provided here so maybe plp/bloggers aren't aware if it- yet.....
Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Majesty

Which brings us back to Catherine in the Hairdresser's window seat. No one but she could have chosen that seat.

I am sure more privacy would have been offered by the Salon and I am sure that her Protection Squad were less than enthused. However, she chose to sit, on public display, in the window, wearing hair curlers, by her own choice!

Catherine set the tone for the paparazzi and the public, so why then are we now wondering at the wisdom of photographers taking snaps of them merely "leaving" a gym. Sorry! It looks very much like that ship has sailed and she "Christened" it!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

i dont fully agree maybe her hairdresser likes the free advertising of having her as a client (this is just a what if question)..who knows if they said to kate this seat by the window is all that we have left..all we dont see behind the scenes - just finish product
in any case if publishers would refuse to buy the pics then all of this would stop..imo
Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Which brings us back to Catherine in the Hairdresser's window seat. No one but she could have chosen that seat.

I am sure more privacy would have been offered by the Salon and I am sure that her Protection Squad were less than enthused. However, she chose to sit, on public display, in the window, wearing hair curlers, by her own choice!

Catherine set the tone for the paparazzi and the public, so why then are we now wondering at the wisdom of photographers taking snaps of them merely "leaving" a gym. Sorry! It looks very much like that ship has sailed and she "Christened" it!
In my opinion you go too far. From what I can see of that photo taken within the hair salon it's not apparent just how close that seat is to the window. I think it's entirely possible that it's not particularly close to it at all, the photographer just managed to get exactly the right angle and a very long lens which enabled him to picture her. This would then give the impression that the chair was right at the window when in fact the depth of field was distorted by the long lens. Or maybe it was just an oversight? Or perhaps she just sat in the only free chair at the time?

You do not know that she chose that seat, nor that she was aware that she would be photographed in it. So to then imply that she's essentially given the pappz some sort of tacit permission to take any photo they like whatever she happens to be doing at the time is preposterous.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Course, if we didn't look at the pics that may dissuade the photogs from taking and publishing them. I am just as guilty as the next person of looking at the pics. Just sayin'.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

I seem to recall that one other time Catherine was spotted at the salon and she was sitting in that same chair (it appeared). I think that is probably her stylist's station. I agree with the poster who commented on the long lens. I know that there were some pictures posted in the Monaco thread when the Princess Caroline and family were on Capri and one would have thought the photographer was right on top of them, but then a later picture clearly showed the same picture but from much farther away, clearly a long lens was being used and yet the earlier picture looked like the photographer was right in amongst the group.

I think it is grasping at straws to say that Catherine purposely wants to be photographed as that does not really appear to be the case.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yea, I agree that it's absurd to insinuate that Catherine somehow wanted to be photographed by paparazzi. If that was the case, we'd be seeing A LOT more photos of her than we do now! And I doubt she'd have chosen to be photographed with curlers in her hair if she'd had a choice in the matter! She seems to be trying to maintain as much normalcy as possible in her life- a new normal, if you will. She's obviously aware her life has changed and that she has to take precautions that used to be unnecessary (like having a body guard and making sure that she isn't photographed with any male friends unless William is present, not attending nights out without him when it's likely that photographers will be there, etc) but she shouldn't have to give up everything she likes to do. Clearly she could have her hairdresser come to her home if she wished, but she's chosen to stick with her normal routine, and just not make a federal case out of it if someone happens to snap a totally innocuous picture.

Personally, I'm intrigued by the story that says she's considering taking on several arts patronages- that's wonderful, if true. Fits right in with her education and interests.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Courtier

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but it seems that Catherine was officially made a patron of William and Harry's foundation last week.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news...570302665.html
Old 10-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I think it is grasping at straws to say that Catherine purposely wants to be photographed as that does not really appear to be the case.
I wasn't actually saying that Catherine wants to be photographed, more that she seems determined to maintain the same(normal) life she had before. That means patronising the same hairdresser who has been doing her hair for years and probably using the same station but, before her marriage she was a private person. After, not only is she now a royal but in need of a Protection Officer. Worse still, she is News with a capital "N" and, if the photo was taken from inside as some have surmised, then her fellow patrons are not above making a quick buck and the same thing applies. Next time she goes there she sits in a more private, less exposed seat!

To be sure, the salon would do just about anything to accommodate her as it is a commercial coup to continue to be the Duchesses hairdresser with whom, I imagine, she has built up a happy and productive rapport, as we do, over the years.

To be honest, I don't think she would have been thrilled at seeing that particular photo of herself but this has exposed just one of the subtle areas of her life that is inevitably going to change regardless.

On the upside, the news that she has taken on her first Patronage, and that it's a family affair, is terrific.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Majesty

I saw this on my twitter, and found it rather amusing. I think we all could have done very well in this category.

liltinglimes ll*ll
Okay, playing the William and Kate category on Jeopardy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Was there really a Will/Kate category on Jeopardy???
Old 10-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm not a big TV-watcher, so I'm not sure. I saw that posted on my twitter, and thought it was rather amusing. If that really happened, then I'm a bit bummed for missing it. I think we all would have done relatively well in that one.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, there was such a category last night. :)

Closed Thread