Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:It seems Will and Kate had their heart set on an apartment in KP, and those new premises sound large enough to accommodate a growing family. ;)

:previous:Thank you for that article. I'm especially interested in the overhead view which actually shows the cottage Will and Kate are living in, so much smaller than the colossal apartment they'll be moving into. But that apartment basically has to be gutted for a major overhaul, including removing asbestos. The article says that the cost of a million pounds will be funded by grants and money from the RF personal fortune. Quite a bit of money.

And as far as the article saying that Kate is giving HM her own homemade jam for Christmas - well, there goes the surprise if it's true!

Last edited:
Judging from the pictures, the place is indeed huge. It'll provide the needed space for children, staff and anything else they may want. I'm hoping we'll see pictures of the apartment after the renovations.

Catherine making home-made jam reminds me of my childhood. My family owned a summer house on the outskirts of Moscow, and my great-grandmother loved to garden. She grew a slew of berries, and then made jars upon jars of jam out of them to take back to Moscow for the winter. Lovely to see that still being practiced.

When I saw the word apartment, I was thinking of 3 bedrooms with 2.5 bathrooms plus a study. I did not think of such a large space that the DM had in their picture. :lol:

I think it's really lovely that William and Catherine are going to move into Princess Margaret's old apartments. I'm not sure how close William was to his great-aunt but the history of the place should make dinner party chitter chatter fascinating!

I think KP is really the best solution.
And Margaret's apartment will be a fresh start for William, much better than living in his childhood home. I think it was very short-sighted to use the space for offices and storage; they might have known it would be needed someday!

It's also good that Harry will get Nottingham Cottage, rather than living with his father and stepmother in Clarence House. It's nice for him to have a place of his own.

Judging from the pictures, the place is indeed huge. It'll provide the needed space for children, staff and anything else they may want. I'm hoping we'll see pictures of the apartment after the renovations.

Catherine making home-made jam reminds me of my childhood. My family owned a summer house on the outskirts of Moscow, and my great-grandmother loved to garden. She grew a slew of berries, and then made jars upon jars of jam out of them to take back to Moscow for the winter. Lovely to see that still being practiced.

Lovely memory; anything handmade like crafts or food is certainly a gift from the heart, and the amount of work involved is more difficult than simply purchasing a gift, IMO. So Kate certainly has her pulse on the matter if she's making her own jam for HM who prefers homemade and unextravagant gifts if that's so. I read years ago in a bio of the Queen that if she hadn't come to the throne, she'd have probably married a gentleman farmer and lived in the country. So I'm sure these types of gift would definitely appeal to her. Besides, what do you give to a woman who has everything? Why, homemade jam, of course!:)

When I saw the word apartment, I was thinking of 3 bedrooms with 2.5 bathrooms plus a study. I did not think of such a large space that the DM had in their picture. :lol:

I know, when I was tracing the outline of PM's apartment and Diana's (which is shorter by one floor), I couldn't believe how small Will and Kate's cottage is by comparison - and I'm sure it's not that small by any means. By the looks of it, that cottage could easily fit in the space of either apartment. My definition of apartment is similar to containing standard rooms like you described. The alternative definition of royal apartment living is premises more on the scale of an office building!:lol:

Last edited:
I think KP is really the best solution.
And Margaret's apartment will be a fresh start for William, much better than living in his childhood home. I think it was very short-sighted to use the space for offices and storage; they might have known it would be needed someday!

It's also good that Harry will get Nottingham Cottage, rather than living with his father and stepmother in Clarence House. It's nice for him to have a place of his own.

I thought the same thing; how could PM's apartment be used for such purposes? It's understandable that Historic Royal Palaces needs premises to operate out of, but surely other accommodations could have been used instead. It will take quite a sum of money to restore the apartment back to its original state, but it is part of the historic KP and it's good that it will be used again as a dwelling.

And I'm sure Harry will make the most of solo living in Nott Cottage!

Last edited:
And yet another article on the choice of KP as the official London residence.

Prince William and Kate Middleton to move into permanent home at Kensington Palace - mirror.co.uk

Baroness, and 4Pam, when hearing the word 'apartment' I have the same understanding as you; a small space, with three bedrooms and (possibly) two bathrooms. Of course, when reading about royals, one must take things up a notch. A four-storey apartment might as well be called 'a house', but since they don't take up the whole building, it makes sense to call it what they did. This will be exciting to follow, especially when they have children.

Well. I guess they are thinking of the future. It is a perfect spot for children, which I am now wondering about, plenty of room to run around and play hide and seek. Its good that they will have their own place. Its time for them to start their lives in their own place with their own personal touch. I am happy for them. Maybe kiddies soon!

I thought the same thing; how could PM's apartment be used for such purposes? It's understandable that Historic Royal Palaces needs premises to operate out of, but surely other accommodations could have been used instead. It will take quite a sum of money to restore the apartment back to its original state, but it is part of the historic KP and it's good that it will be used again as a dwelling.

And I'm sure Harry will make the most of solo living in Nott Cottage!

They probably figure that by 2013 they will have a child or be having a child so it's good for future long-term usage. Prince Harry will probably enjoy that space and single living.....if he is still single LOL

NEW RUMOUR IN LONDON: William and Kate to attend in Wembley the england/spain football match tomorrow night.

Hope this is true. Wait and see.

It can perfectly be true because they are in London. The diner yesterday evening and the cenophah on sunday morning. So it's totally comprenhensive if they attend a match on saturday night being the morning after in London for the ceremony with the royal family

Thanks for this. Is this The Prince's Charities as in Prince Charles' charities or William and Harry's organisation? If the former, I hadn't realised that William was that involved with his father's work.

My guess is that it's a mixture of both. The Prince's Charities is definitely the POW's organization. However, since they are meeting at BAFTA and William is their President, there must be some tie-in. Anybody else in the know?

Thank you, Daria, a nice summary (and debunking) of all the royal rumors abounding these days.

:previous: Good heavens! CBS is actually indulging in "sensible" reporting! Is the earth still spinning on it's axis?

Most of her heels have been 3"-4", that not very high heels, that average heels height. People say that Princess Mary is 5'6" tall and Kate look at least 2" taller than her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom