The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Serene Highness

I agree. There are other reasons why it looks photoshopped (the overly dark, 'black' area). But it is of no consequence. Would be nice to see other photos of the same event - that would nail it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I would think he would be in uniform, not a suit, for such a visit. I'm still skeptical, but whether it's real or not is of no consequence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Someone on twitter post a picture with the couple. Don't have the details yet, but apparently it was taken during a rugby match.

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/khnrebdj Shared by 1Djennie

Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Aristocracy

I'm as excited about Will and Kate as the next person, but the passion that some people are showing about whether or not this photo is photoshopped is ridiculous... WHO CARES?! It's not even that substantial a shot! You would think we were discussing whether or not a baby bump was being photoshopped on Kate...

Old 08-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick View Post
I'm as excited about Will and Kate as the next person, but the passion that some people are showing about whether or not this photo is photoshopped is ridiculous... WHO CARES?! It's not even that substantial a shot! You would think we were discussing whether or not a baby bump was being photoshopped on Kate...
LOL! It will be a RIOT when that happens!

Anyhow, glad that William & Kate's whereabouts last Saturday has been confirmed.
@putski & @Baroness of Books : you're very welcome :) Always a pleasure to share what I know.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Obviously, some here do care.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Hah! I wouldn't put it past some enterprising photoshoppers to do just that!!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Royal Highness

I just read an article at the online platform of Germany's glossy BUNTE about William and Catherine. In it they mentioned that William will be moved to an Air base in Hertfordshire as his last post before leaving the army in 2013 and that they will move in at Harewood Park then...

Did I miss something there? You never know with BUNTE, they often make things up but sometimes they are very well informed.

The link to the article (in German): William & Kate: 100 Tage Ehe: Das Geheimnis ihres Glücks - BUNTE
Old 08-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It was rumoured that Harewood Park would be their home after he finished.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's the DM article from back in November 2010.

Kate Middleton and Prince William will live an ultra green royal fairytale | Mail Online
Old 08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Thank you very much for the link - I remembered the article and it seemed I was right, for it doesn't say that William will be transferred at the end of this year to an airbase at Herefordshire and that they will then take up residence there... But that's what BUNTE claimed. Where did they get this idea from?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Majesty

More on the SAS training.
Day Princess Diana joined SAS for tough hostage training Prince William and Kate Middleton will face - mirror.co.uk

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I remember Diana saying in the Morton book about the SAS training " It was so scary, the SAS men threw bombs at my car during an training exercise."
C& D had more guts than I would have to be put through that.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

That is a lot to go through. Really demonstrates that life as a royal isn't all caviar & roses. Just the thought of your safety being compromised anytime you're in public is really scary.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Heir Apparent

What is SAS?( I am trying to figure out why there is a black square in the pic, disguising the officer's ID.) Are they like undercover spies or something?
To me being being royal is not worth the trade- off of being in potential danger every time I step out of my house.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I remember Diana saying in the Morton book about the SAS training " It was so scary, the SAS men threw bombs at my car during an training exercise."
C& D had more guts than I would have to be put through that.
The whole thing is just terrifying. Even if you know that it's just a practice session, it's still scary to think that you very well may have to deal with something like that (I don't know what I would do if this happened and I was with a child, though I'm sure they'll be trained how to handle that particular situation as well). Talk about a time when I personally would be begging for some type of anti-anxiety med to get me through the training session.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

What a terrifying and intense ordeal! Imagine being in the middle of a firefight like that; I don't think anything can ever prepare you for the real deal in case that ever happened. Hopefully, some of the training would kick in if heaven forbid such an event occurred. And I'd think at the end of that session, I'd need something a bit stronger than tea or coffee!

Also, this quote from the story had me shaking my head:

"The SAS team lifted the pair out of their chairs and bungled them to safety. Rusty says: “It was the perfect hostage rescue, we called it a snatch operation. The noise is deafening."

The bold-face type is mine. The word the article should have used was "bundled," because it gives the impression that the exercise was handled in an incompetent manner. Obviously, the Mirror needs better proofreaders!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

A VERY unfortunate mis-use of words. Why did someone not catch that? I'm sure the SAS appreciate that gaff.

ETA ... I find it very strange that there is publicity about this. I would think they would really want to keep that kind of training quiet rather than let kidnappers or terrorists know that the couple had had training.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

What is SAS please?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Special Air Service.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Thank you, Lumutqueen . I was trying to figure that out too.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank you, Lumutqueen . I was trying to figure that out too.
Me too! I could not figure out why the newspaper had to disguise the Id of the officer. Now all has become clear...

Closed Thread