The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

A VERY unfortunate mis-use of words. Why did someone not catch that? I'm sure the SAS appreciate that gaff.

ETA ... I find it very strange that there is publicity about this. I would think they would really want to keep that kind of training quiet rather than let kidnappers or terrorists know that the couple had had training.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

What is SAS please?

Old 08-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Special Air Service.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Thank you, Lumutqueen . I was trying to figure that out too.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank you, Lumutqueen . I was trying to figure that out too.
Me too! I could not figure out why the newspaper had to disguise the Id of the officer. Now all has become clear...
Old 08-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Commoner

Prince William & Kate Middleton: Secrets of Their Life Together - OK! Magazine - The First for Celebrity News
Old 08-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Royal Highness

@Elisa_Roche: SPOTTED : Prince William and K-Middy in Birmingham. Could the town be in line for a right royal riot visit?

But the she deleted it.....
Old 08-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
@Elisa_Roche: SPOTTED : Prince William and K-Middy in Birmingham. Could the town be in line for a right royal riot visit?

But the she deleted it.....
I saw that on my twitter this morning too. Wonder why she removed it all of a sudden. However, if they did/will visit the areas effected by the riots, then they will be lifting some spirits, just like Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry have done.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Nobility

@WMPolice West Midlands Police
VIP visit – HRH Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived in Birmingham to visit those affected by last week’s disorder.

@BBCNews BBC News
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit scene where three young men were killed during #Birmingham #riots - watch live bbc.in/bj4ulU
Old 08-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Gentry

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...sqdgo1_400.jpg

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...sqdgo1_400.jpg

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...sqdgo1_400.jpg

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...sqdgo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...sqdgo1_500.jpg

In Birmingham with William. She looks lovely, but does anyone else think it's a bit weird to be so dressed up when visiting a poor area devastated by riots? Her outfit is McQueen and Prada, quite formal, dressy hair... doesn't match the occasion.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Courtier

Ooh, it is a lovely outfit. I do love the gold buttons. So very chic indeed.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit People Affected By The Rioting In Birmingham.
August 19, 2011

Getty Images - Cerca: GBR: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit People Affected By The Rioting In Birmingham

William and Kate*comfort residents affected by riot | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

Prince William & Kate Visit Birmingham After Riots
Old 08-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Gentry

I'm the only one who thinks that skirt is perfect to cover a baby bump? :)
Old 08-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Based on what those around her are wearing, I'd think it would tacky if she wasn't dressed up.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Based on what those around her are wearing, I'd think it would tacky if she wasn't dressed up.
Tacky? How so? So the officials who met her are dressed up, but if they're going to be out on the streets talking to people who were affected their clothes are just going to look out of touch.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Courtier

William is in a suit and tie what would you like her to wear jeans and hoddie? I think for her postion she looks as she should. Just my opinion may you keep your own.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Gentry

Had a quick glance at the Selfridges website. I think something more like this would have been better:

Zip–shoulder tailored dress - PAUL SMITH BLACK - Dresses - Womenswear - Selfridges | Shop Online

Not in colour but in terms of shape/style...much more simple, and it sends out the message: "I care more about what's happened here than about what I'm wearing." Although if I'm being totally honest I would've loved to see her in jeans and flats, with her hair in a ponytail. Not going to happen though, I think that would be pushing it a bit, haha.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
William is in a suit and tie what would you like her to wear jeans and hoddie? I think for her postion she looks as she should. Just my opinion may you keep your own.
It's still possible to look smart-casual without wearing a flouncy frilled blouse and gold-buttoned skirt. See my last post (yes I would've loved to see her in jeans), but those are extremes. There is a middle ground. It's much more difficult when you're female because a guy can wear a suit and it just looks the same as every other suit, but given the sensitivity and poverty in the areas affected, and the destruction caused by the riots, simple is better. Like when she wore the grey dress:

http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/Kate%20Mi...ada%20Tour.jpg
Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Courtier

I didn't say it was not possible, I said for her postion she looks as she should.. I agree there is a middle ground, but lets be truthful no matter what she wears she will be sensitive to the PEOPLE affected by the destruction of these riots.

It is my opinion she looks well, and it sounds like your's is that she would have struck a diffrent cord in a less formal outfit maybe/ maybe not. Different opinions make the world go arond. Happy Posting
Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 AM

I think she looks very appropriate. It's not like she showed up in a glittering red carpet style ball gown. I honestly thought nothing of the outfit. She fits in with those around her, in my opinion.

Closed Thread