Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a beautiful gesture of Catherine to send that letter...so kind and caring. I don't think that we can overestimate how much that letter meant to a sick little boy and his hurting family. It was a ray of sunshine on a dark day.

I agree that the letter wasn't a form letter usually given from the RF and that shows that Kate took a great interest in those who she spoke to during her visit to the Royal Marsden. So I echo Mermaid1962 in saying that Kate is doing really well!

On the topic of it being typed as opposed to handwritten: though I was able to read Kate's letter after Wimbledon easily, who's to say that she didn't figure that it would just be easier for the young boy to read a typed letter. Very few letters from the RF have their personal signature (rather, they have the signatures of the lady-in-waiting, etc.) so at the very least she read and signed the letter... :flowers:

I agree that people would try to analyze Kate's handwriting (what a field day they'd have with that!), and it is easier to read a typewritten letter in the event that a young child might find it less difficult to read than cursive writing. In any case, anyone can tell it's not a form letter and very personal.

And thanks for the "clone" article, Daria. I can't wait to see Kate bring back the twin set! Now let me see if I have one or two shoved in my wardrobe that I can resurrect.....:D

Last edited:
I'd much rather have a typed letter than a handwritten one. Much easier to read especially for a child.

To me, the fact that the words came from her heart is the most important thing. How she got those words onto paper is really irrelevant.

. I'm touched by the gesture and the fact that she went above and beyond what is expected of her in order to help someone else.
Spot- on Daria!
How anyone could nitpick over Kate's acts of kindness, is beyond me.
Judging from the kind of people that Kate and William seem to be, they won't let a few nitpics stop them.
Annoying though!:bang:

I agree that people would try to analyze Kate's handwriting (what a field day they'd have with that!), and it is easier to read a typewritten letter in the event that a young child might find it less difficult to read than cursive writing. In any case, anyone can tell it's not a form letter and very personal.

And thanks for the "clone" article, Daria. I can't wait to see Kate bring back the twin set! Now let me see if I have one or two shoved in my wardrobe that I can resurrect.....:D

You're welcome. I got a kick out of the title. Too funny :lol:.

Roseroyal, you're spot on as well. I certainly hope William and Catherine won't take what some nitpicks say to heart. Plus, there are so many more of those who are cheering rather than jeering them on.

Last edited:
I guess I'm in good company; I'm hooked on that series myself. I love these period pieces and the British do them so well. Can't wait for part 2 in January 2012.

I'm waiting on season one from my library. They have a bunch of copies, but when I asked to put it on hold, I was number 97 (that was in mid-August). Hoping to get it soon, but from what I've heard about the program, it sounds fabulous. I love period dramas myself, and glad to see that I'm in good company as well.

I'm waiting on season one from my library. They have a bunch of copies, but when I asked to put it on hold, I was number 97 (that was in mid-August). Hoping to get it soon, but from what I've heard about the program, it sounds fabulous. I love period dramas myself, and glad to see that I'm in good company as well.

Daria, the best part is that it's funny, too. Maggie Smith can really turn a phrase and cast a withering glance. Sorry for OT. :flowers:

Daria, the best part is that it's funny, too. Maggie Smith can really turn a phrase and cast a withering glance. Sorry for OT. :flowers:

I think that's why I loved her portrayal of Prof. M. in 'Harry Potter' movies. She has the deadpan part to a tee.

I think a typed letter makes a person feel more important and appears more official. Even someone so young could appreciate a types letter from a Princess; if I had a letter from the President or someone famous, I would feel more important if it was typed on special paper.

It is perfectly fine and kind of international standard for royals / politicians to have the address and signature of a letter handwritten, the rest typed.

I guess the lack of engagements is producing some fill-in non-stories.

Thanks for the utube od Willaim I just love him and really glad they love Downton as I do too as I do that was terrific of them to ask to meet the actress.

"What a Woman Wants" (a man with good taste in telly)

William and Catherine are fans of 'Downton Abbey'. They have wonderful taste.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 'love Downton Abbey' - Telegraph

I fell (even more) in love with my sweetie when he very obligingly agreed to watch the series "Edward the King" many years ago. And he loved it and has enthusiastically watched many similar series in the 30 years we've been married. Good for William!

I'm just the opposite...make mine handwritten. But, typed is OK.

I fell (even more) in love with my sweetie when he very obligingly agreed to watch the series "Edward the King" many years ago. And he loved it and has enthusiastically watched many similar series in the 30 years we've been married. Good for William!

That's lovely. I watched 'Edward the King' and loved it too. It's wonderful that William enjoys these types of programs.

Quite frankly I think that a hand written letter has more meaning than one that has been typed. Besides, the fact that she took the time to write it gets an applaud from me. It shows her warmth and the fact that she is human. I thought it to be a wonderful gesture from a woman who I think has total class. She once again shows that she was born to be in the place that she is. Bravo my dear and continue to be the lovely lady that you are!!!!!

Honestly I don't care whether it's typed or handwritten. When I sent them a letter right after their engagement and got a letter back (obv it was the standard letter you get from the palace) I completely jumped for joy. Same goes when I got one from Charles. I was just so happy to get something I didn't care what it is so the fact Catherine went out of her way to make it personal for little Fabian is even more amazing.

I love the picture of the whole family with William, but I'm even more excited over the fact that Fabian will get a chance at life with the bone marrow transplant with the help of his sisters. I had a very close friend of our family pass away from bone marrow cancer, and the sad part was, no match was sound (even sadder was the fact that she passed on while in remission). This story brought tears to my eyes.

Yep, they kept it a secret for awhile, good for them! I wonder where the ring was during the secrecy portion of the engagement? Well they did live together so its not like it was either at her house or his house.

So apparently next scheduled appearance in Nov 13th for Remembrance Sunday

XeniaCasaraghi said:
Yep, they kept it a secret for awhile, good for them! I wonder where the ring was during the secrecy portion of the engagement? Well they did live together so its not like it was either at her house or his house.

She may have worn it privately. God knows I'd have had a hard time taking that gorgeous sapphire off!

It is perfectly fine and kind of international standard for royals / politicians to have the address and signature of a letter handwritten, the rest typed.

I guess the lack of engagements is producing some fill-in non-stories.
I have to agree. It's becoming ridiculous how many "non-stories" are showing up now.

Holy moly, November 13 can't come soon enough!:eek: Maybe we'll get an in-between sighting of Kate shopping at Waitrose or on the High Street between now and then if we're lucky and can dish on that.

Last edited:
Holy moly, November 13 can't come soon enough!:eek: Maybe we'll get an in-between sighting of Kate shopping at Waitrose or on the High Street between now and then if we're lucky and can dish on that.

It really has been a while, hasn't it? Looking forward to seeing them in November as well.

It really has been a while, hasn't it? Looking forward to seeing them in November as well.

It was there choosing to lead a quiet life, sometimes it backfires. :ermm:

Personally, and i'm not specifically talking to you Daria or Baroness. :) But when she is photographed out shopping, walking with her sister, walking to the gym - people complain that she's not getting her privacy. But, and this may sound very crude and I apologise if it offends anyone but I want to see what i am essentially paying for. I want to see Catherine and William, mainly for the outifts but also just to see them. They're a newlywed couple who're just hiding out for what seems to be to me some unknown reason. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom