The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

If they were miffed about anything, I hope being home will make them feel better. I know how tiring "having" to do things can be.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Yeah, miffed about having their picture taken.
Yup....

Anyway here's an "article" about it....
Kate Middleton and Prince William Hold Hands, Go Matchy-Matchy for Romantic Stroll - E! Online

Old 08-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I agree with other posters. Kate and William seemed fine until they caught sight of the photographer.

As for the Telegraph photo, the trio didn't look at all upset outside the church. The Telegraph just used one of the few photos where they weren't laughing and talking.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM

I usually lurk on these boards but felt the need to post regarding this discussion. The entire conversation regarding the recent photos is the exact reason that they never display any public displays of affection and have very rarely been photographed in the same frame in the 10 years that they've been together leads to far to much disection of "what's going on in this photo?" They were taking a walk in the park early in the morning, clearly having a conversation with each other (normal) and had their photos taken by paps hiding in a bush. I'm pretty sure anyone would be upset by that. Will has every right to hate the paps, he believes they played a role in his mother's misery and untimely death and he obviously does not want Kate to ever meet the same fate or have to go through the same nonsense that his mother did. Overanalysis never gets anyone anywhere.

Regarding the wedding photos, I think they all looked to be having a great time.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Sunny234....welcome to TRF!

I think you hit on a great point - William and Kate often show no affection in public (which has caused many to question their love for each other) for what I believe are the exact reason that you mention ---- an public discussion about the relationship. Can you imagine if they held hands all the time, and the one time they don't?

Cue the headlines ---- William and Kate don't hold hands! or something along those lines.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Yeah, miffed about having their picture taken.
Yeah, looked like they were just out and about, having a normal comversation and they didn't look miffed till they realized they were being photographed.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Aristocracy

I don't understand why this is being discussed as though fame is a rare affliction that effects just the two of them, and they are unknowingly stumbling along, surprised anyone would be interested in them.

Public outings garner attention from the public and William has more than ample private grounds if he wants a private stroll with his new bride.

There is nothing surprising or overly intrusive about a member of the press taking a picture of W&K walking, hand in hand, in a public park the day after attending a major event.

And please stop playing the Diana card anytime William has his photo taken. He's a big boy and Kate knew what she was signing up for. They were not being chased or harmed in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny234 View Post
I usually lurk on these boards but felt the need to post regarding this discussion. The entire conversation regarding the recent photos is the exact reason that they never display any public displays of affection and have very rarely been photographed in the same frame in the 10 years that they've been together leads to far to much disection of "what's going on in this photo?" They were taking a walk in the park early in the morning, clearly having a conversation with each other (normal) and had their photos taken by paps hiding in a bush. I'm pretty sure anyone would be upset by that. Will has every right to hate the paps, he believes they played a role in his mother's misery and untimely death and he obviously does not want Kate to ever meet the same fate or have to go through the same nonsense that his mother did. Overanalysis never gets anyone anywhere.

Regarding the wedding photos, I think they all looked to be having a great time.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Very well put . I think there are times when photographers are downright intrusive, and this was one of those times. These two have given us a great deal of photos in the past several months, and therefore, have every right to ask that photographers (and public) give them at least a part of a day to take a walk and not be photographed. William's annoyed facial expression is quite appropriate. He has every right to feel (and to show) that he's frustrated with the way his and his wife's privacy is being intruded upon.

Also, the photographers and photo agencies have the luxury of taking a ton of pictures and then choosing which ones to make public. Reporters and editors get to pick which photos to put in their stories. If someone wants to write a story about Kate or William being annoyed and they have ten shots of both subjects looking unhappy, then one of the ten will wind up in the story, no matter if they also have ten or twenty or fifty shots of W and K looking happy.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Commoner

What's next for Prince William and Catherine? - USATODAY.com
Old 08-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
There is nothing surprising or overly intrusive about a member of the press taking a picture of W&K walking, hand in hand, in a public park the day after attending a major event.
I agree with you completely.

What really does bother me about seeing these kind of candid shots (whether they are of Royals, celebrities, or other public figures) is that from them, people feel to overt need to speculate on others' private affairs using a few pictures or videos. Through this board in particular, in different threads about various royals, I have seen people making such bold statements about couples or families in respect to their personal relationships and feelings for each other. People are turning into walking/talking tabloids! But of course, they are public figures so people can say whatever they want about them. Everyone is entitled to share their opinions, but I just don't "get" how people feel okay making intimate judgements about other people (especially those whose lives are just seen through a lens).
Old 08-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I don't understand why this is being discussed as though fame is a rare affliction that effects just the two of them, and they are unknowingly stumbling along, surprised anyone would be interested in them.

Public outings garner attention from the public and William has more than ample private grounds if he wants a private stroll with his new bride.

And please stop playing the Diana card anytime William has his photo taken. He's a big boy and Kate knew what she was signing up for. They were not being chased or harmed in any way.
Amen to that. W&K have plenty of opportunities to be "private" if they want to. No need to stroll through a public park then in a city full of media people.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Serene Highness

As Alice said, in Wonderland,

"A cat may look at a king."

And the (future) king may frown at a cat.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that I'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours so quite frankly there's no need for your tone.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny234 View Post
I'm pretty sure that I'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours so quite frankly there's no need for your tone.
My "tone" was directed at the topic, not at you.

Sorry if that was unclear.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator

. He's a big boy and Kate knew what she was signing up for. They were not being chased or harmed in any way.
In a way I agree.....as long as the photos are not too intrusive or inappropriate .....in a way I do feel worse for William bc unlike a celeb he didn't try to acheive fame but was born to it......
Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Who would royals be in today's world without media coverage? Nobodies.
And since the media isnt usually interested in private or public but only the people involved this comes to a downside of the enourmous privileges they enjoy. Overall not a bad deal at all.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Who would royals be in today's world without media coverage? Nobodies.
And since the media isnt usually interested in private or public but only the people involved this comes to a downside of the enourmous privileges they enjoy. Overall not a bad deal at all.
Can you explain that? I don't see how those two can be set apart.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

And since William is not overly keen on the press, should he keep to his private grounds and keep his mouth shut and face on "happy mode" when on public grounds?

Quote:
I think it is rather fatigue of the general attitude of the British press.

Quote:
That is where opinions differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
In a way I agree.....as long as the photos are not too intrusive or inappropriate .....in a way I do feel worse for William bc unlike a celeb he didn't try to acheive fame but was born to it......
Exactly, and some people here seem to imply that because of that he may not ever be grumpy about it. That is very black and white, imo.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Can you explain that? I don't see how those two can be set apart.
I wanted to say that the media will take pictures no matter if they are out and about for "private" or "public" reasons: if they stroll through a public park, there will be pictures, if they like it or not. If they dont want any pictures, they have to stay inside their walls or inside the vast private area that belongs to the British crown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
That is where opinions differ.
Where did you see them being chased or harmed in that case (when strolling through the park)?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wanted to say that the media will take pictures no matter if they are out and about for "private" or "public" reasons: if they stroll through a public park, there will be pictures, if they like it or not. If they dont want any pictures, they have to stay inside their walls or inside the vast private area that belongs to the British crown.

Where did you see them being chased or harmed in that case (when strolling through the park)?
Not necessarily chased or harmed, but bothered. I was simply stating the different opinions about this particular thing.

Closed Thread