The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #421  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I wouldn't say that they are being goody goodies so much as they don't need the extra attention that this has brought or the extra money.

And this is another example of they can't win for nothing. There is no pleasing anyone these days. If you go by the comments in the Daily Mail by the readers who think they don't deserve the compensation (because BA didn't offer it to them in similiar situation) and that the benefits should be donated. I mean really?! Did they ask for the money or the press? Probably not.
Correct...
__________________

  #422  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I wouldn't say that they are being goody goodies so much as they don't need the extra attention that this has brought or the extra money.

And this is another example of they can't win for nothing. There is no pleasing anyone these days. If you go by the comments in the Daily Mail by the readers who think they don't deserve the compensation (because BA didn't offer it to them in similar situation) and that the benefits should be donated. I mean really?! Did they ask for the money or the press? Probably not.
Why offer such a strange reason when no reason or no comment would do? I really don't understand why their rep(s) didn't just say "no comment". Less is more. Now, it seems, the entire duty free industry is just for money grubbers trying to evade taxes
__________________

  #423  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I honestly don't understand why you get so worked up about this...
Ha! Very good question ...

I guess it's so trivial it forced me to realize how ridiculous all of this truly is. I guess it's what is referred to as a moment of clarity, or an epiphany.
  #424  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
Why offer such a strange reason when no reason or no comment would do? I really don't understand why their rep(s) didn't just say "no comment". Less is more. Now, it seems, the entire duty for industry is just for money grubbers trying to evade taxes
What came first...the chicken or the egg?

Who felt the need to publicize the fact that the Cambridge couple had been compensated for issues during their flight? Most likely it wasn't the Cambridges. And yet, the British press (and the public and this forum) have felt the need to debate it. So that's why they felt the need to issue a statement. Because they probably received press inquiries about the incident and that's why they had to respond. According to the article, they declined and didn't feel the need to share their personal information.
__________________
.

  #425  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 650
Well, bearing in mind that the visit of the Duke and Duchess was paid for by the Foreign Office [i.e. taxpayer] and not by the BRF, I suppose W+C would find themselves in the same position as your humble Diarist; a few years ago my flight was overbooked; it was a business trip and so my departure was put back 5 hours to the next available flight with a seat on it; I was entitled to 'Denied Boarding Compensation' of around $300 or so, except of course since I did not pay for the flight myself it was refunded to my employer [the taxpayer!!]

Alex
  #426  
Old 07-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
What came first...the chicken or the egg?

Who felt the need to publicize the fact that the Cambridge couple had been compensated for issues during their flight? Most likely it wasn't the Cambridges. And yet, the British press (and the public and this forum) have felt the need to debate it. So that's why they felt the need to issue a statement. Because they probably received press inquiries about the incident and that's why they had to respond. According to the article, they declined and didn't feel the need to share their personal information.


Lots of needs and feelings. Apparently, they were bullied into responding.
  #427  
Old 07-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 422
they turned down the offer from BA.
  #428  
Old 07-27-2011, 10:49 AM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,825
Quote:
Kate and William blamed for England's bad economy
Billed-Bladet - Kate og William klandret for Englands dårlige økonomi

Google Google Translate
  #429  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
Well, bearing in mind that the visit of the Duke and Duchess was paid for by the Foreign Office [i.e. taxpayer] and not by the BRF, I suppose W+C would find themselves in the same position as your humble Diarist; a few years ago my flight was overbooked; it was a business trip and so my departure was put back 5 hours to the next available flight with a seat on it; I was entitled to 'Denied Boarding Compensation' of around $300 or so, except of course since I did not pay for the flight myself it was refunded to my employer [the taxpayer!!]

Alex
Next time fly Lufthansa. If they offer you compensation, they give it to you either directly in cash or book it on the credit card of the person in whose name the ticket is. Because it is not a compensation for the people who payed for the ticket (that means: it's not the ticket that is cheaperdue to that event), but a compensation for the traveller who suffered due to the airline's fault. At least that's the way it is handled in Germany, even with tickets payed for by the "öffentliche Hand" - public purse. Makes more sense to me, really.
  #430  
Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 AM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
I thought I'd post this here since I didn't want to take the focus away from Zara and Mike's wedding thread. There's an article on Daily Star it says the Cambridges left at 8:10pm the night before the wedding and unlike the others did not have any drinks during the pre wedding party. I can't post it fully cause there is baby speculation in that article. But I thought it was interesting considering a) I didn't see any pics of them with other guests at the pre-wedding party and b) we saw no pics of them returning to the house but then again we didn't see many of the other guests either just Harry, Zara and Mike.

Also I read an article that said the Duchess collapsed after the NA tour but I'm wondering if that's just a rumour. Again don't want to post it due to baby speculation
  #431  
Old 08-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 168
I also read a report that she had collapsed, but I didn't see any follow up on it. Fainting is not uncommon if a person is either eating too few calories or in early pregnancy. I won't speculate any further, but it is interesting that they refrained from drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I thought I'd post this here since I didn't want to take the focus away from Zara and Mike's wedding thread. There's an article on Daily Star it says the Cambridges left at 8:10pm the night before the wedding and unlike the others did not have any drinks during the pre wedding party. I can't post it fully cause there is baby speculation in that article. But I thought it was interesting considering a) I didn't see any pics of them with other guests at the pre-wedding party and b) we saw no pics of them returning to the house but then again we didn't see many of the other guests either just Harry, Zara and Mike.

Also I read an article that said the Duchess collapsed after the NA tour but I'm wondering if that's just a rumour. Again don't want to post it due to baby speculation
  #432  
Old 08-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
I also read a report that she had collapsed, but I didn't see any follow up on it. Fainting is not uncommon if a person is either eating too few calories or in early pregnancy. I won't speculate any further, but it is interesting that they refrained from drinking.
I guess they do what a lot of couples do once they decided to have a family - stop drinking alcohol. Doesn't mean that she is pregnant yet.And we knew that they would start trying immediately, don't we?
  #433  
Old 08-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Next time fly Lufthansa.
This sounds like an advert!
  #434  
Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 AM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I guess they do what a lot of couples do once they decided to have a family - stop drinking alcohol. Doesn't mean that she is pregnant yet.And we knew that they would start trying immediately, don't we?
Actually I think it's kinda nice that they refrained from drinking themselves silly this weekend. Quite a change from William especially but one that I'm quite fond of. And ya the fainting article looked a bit sketchy. I dunno how hot it was then when they visited but currently Canada is in the middle of a heat wave, so I wouldn't have been shocked if she did faint from lack of water or something like that(again if it is even true). As we have heard those foreign tours are quite hard on the body. Again I'll refrain from speculation on a pregnancy but I was a bit shocked to read about it but they did look quite tired towards the end.
  #435  
Old 08-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
William not drinking could also be due to his on duty flight schedule.
  #436  
Old 08-01-2011, 04:14 AM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
True^^

  #437  
Old 08-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,806
Awww, I love that William and Harry read a joint excerpt from the nursery tale at the wedding. I wonder if that was Harry's idea.
  #438  
Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 AM
BritishRoyals's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: --, United States
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Also I read an article that said the Duchess collapsed after the NA tour but I'm wondering if that's just a rumour. Again don't want to post it due to baby speculation
Let it be known that this "Kate collapsed" article originated from the US tabloid rag the Enquirer, which is as UNRELIABLE as it gets (unless you believe in stories of giving birth to aliens and that Camilla is lesbian). Then other less known outlets picked it up. But note that none of the reputable sources confirmed the story --- because there has been no proof whatsoever that it ever happened. I can say with utmost confidence that this story is false.

The original article went on to say that the Palace had to cancel Kate's prior official engagements because of it (what engagements? she didn't have any lined up for the summer -- that has been a FACT even before Canada/California), and that William ordered for her to be on bed rest to recuperate. Well, straight from their trip, William & Kate moved into their new place at Kensington Palace, stayed there a few days, and headed home to Anglesey where they were spotted watching a movie that weekend. Bed rest indeed!

My guess is The Enquirer took its cue from Kate's remark in LA when asked if the tour was tiring: "When I get on that plane this afternoon I'll probably crash."
__________________
*** Baby Cambridge Fundraiser === http://www.justgiving.com/BabyCambridgeFundraiser ***
  #439  
Old 08-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,605
Let's not speculate...
__________________
.

  #440  
Old 08-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 13,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
When is Wills going to be searching and rescuing again? It's been a while.
I was under the impression that Wills and Kate returned to Anglesey after the Canada tour and he returned to duty. With him being on station for 24 hour shifts at a time, it does make it easier for him to have enough time to go to London (getting the new London place) and attending weddings and such. I think this is basically going to be his MO for the rest of the summer. Having a schedule like this is great for going on short jaunts on weekends and such. We have to remember that he works 2 days a week and he's put in a 48 hour work week.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
administrator archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian castles christian ix countess of wessex crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke of sussex family search foundation french revolution french royalty friendly city future germany greece harry head of the house headship henry v jerusalem kiko king philippe lineage lithuanian castles meghan markle memoir monaco royal monarchist monarchy monogram netflix official visit pakistan palaces patronages potential areas prince charles prince harry princess anne princess eugenie princess margaret queen mathilde rania of jordan relationship royal children russian imperial family savoy saxony sharjah south africa south korea spanish history state visit state visit to denmark sweden trump united kingdom usa valois viscount severn



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises