The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Thanks to one and all for all of the links to everything from yesterday. Catherine looked lovely. Although, I did have a pretty good laugh after seeing what was pinned to her shoulder thanks to the discussion the last week over in her Jewellery thread. :oD Talk about timing!!

She looks like she's been doing this for ages and William looks the most comfortable I've seen him in years. First I've seen that particular Uniform as well and it really suited him.

Getting so excited to watch them conquer my Home and Native Land in a few days. :oD
Are you referring to the shamrock brooch? It's the only pinned on jewelry that I'm able to spot.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

i agree with the earlier post that says catherine has a quiet confidence. she certainly has the gift (similar to diana's) of being comfortable with people only she doesn't come across as shy like diana did. catherine is very natural and appears to have a lot of charisma. she's doing a fantastic job so far!

Old 06-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Nobility

Los Angeles Visit

I got an email from my inside contact at Inner-City Arts. Nothing to be had. He's going out of town that weekend of July 9-10 and has not been involved with any of the planning. All he knows is that security will be tight (that goes without saying) and he has no information of their route that day.

I'm moving onto contact #2, who might have very precise knowledge of street blockages.

Man, this is work!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Nobility

Woo they are both at Wimbledon today
Old 06-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Royal Highness

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20504545

People who will be helping the Duke and Duchess on tour
Old 06-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Nobility

Prince William and Duchess Kate Support Andy Murray's Bid at Wimbledon - Daily Express
Old 06-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Majesty

A gallery from Billed Bladet https://picasaweb.google.com/billedb...teOgSoldaterne Of the Duchess at an event with The Irish Guards - oh yeah, her husband was there too, I think...

I don't know how it is in other countries, but here in Denmark her sister, Pippa, is at least as well featured as Kate, probably more!

- So you Brits got two for the price of one.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

Such a sweet picture at Wimbeldon

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/117...y-Images-Sport

Gallery-
http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Sea...al&p=Wimbeldon
Old 06-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've read that recently Kate has taken lesson in order to repeat her French during Canadian Tour to Quebec.Sadly,the papers have written that there is the risk of protests in Quebec
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Who is the woman sitting next to Kate?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William is talking to Billy Jean King right now. Its great to see him and Catherine there. I believe William hasn't been to Wimbledon since the 90s.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Who is the woman sitting next to Kate?
It's Gill Brook, wife of Chairman of the All England Lawn Tennis Club Philip Brook
Old 06-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

All in white Kate is Queen of the Centre Court as she and Wills come to Wimbledon to roar on Andy Murray | Mail Online
Old 06-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness

It's lovely to see them enjoying something that seems to be of Kate's interests. I'm not saying Willi doesn't like tennis but she is a great fan and I'm sure many things they do (at least pubically and let's be honest probably privately too) are focused on William and his interests but it's sweet they share each others interests.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It was said that Kate & Pippa would be making an appearance to the finals but that was cancelled as Kate would be on her tour. Its nice to see her attending with William, they looked like they had a could time even though it was one of the hottest days in London.
Kate looks great in white, that is a lovely dress,
Old 06-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
It's lovely to see them enjoying something that seems to be of Kate's interests. I'm not saying Willi doesn't like tennis but she is a great fan and I'm sure many things they do (at least pubically and let's be honest probably privately too) are focused on William and his interests but it's sweet they share each others interests.
MTE. This looks like something more related to her liking! even if they are in the royal box. William looks like he is the one w/ Kate, not the other way around, if that is clear.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Kate Middleton and Prince William Wimbledon Pictures

Kate Middleton, éblouissante en blanc, fait chavirer Wimbledon
Old 06-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Serene Highness

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge cheered on Andy Murray as he went through to the semi-finals of Wimbledon.

Wimbledon: Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge, Kate And William, Visit Wimbledon To Watch Andy Murray | UK News | Sky News
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge presenting medals to the Irish Guards last Saturday

Old 06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Fantastic!!! They look wonderful together. Catherine is such a natural. Im telling you its as if she were born for this. Im so very proud that she has adapted to the life so effortlessly. I know that she had plenty of time to think about it. She is doing a brilliant job. They look happy and enjoy eachothers company. I feel like a proud mama!

Closed Thread