Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say that they are being goody goodies so much as they don't need the extra attention that this has brought or the extra money.

And this is another example of they can't win for nothing. There is no pleasing anyone these days. If you go by the comments in the Daily Mail by the readers who think they don't deserve the compensation (because BA didn't offer it to them in similiar situation) and that the benefits should be donated. I mean really?! Did they ask for the money or the press? Probably not.

Correct...:)

I wouldn't say that they are being goody goodies so much as they don't need the extra attention that this has brought or the extra money.

And this is another example of they can't win for nothing. There is no pleasing anyone these days. If you go by the comments in the Daily Mail by the readers who think they don't deserve the compensation (because BA didn't offer it to them in similar situation) and that the benefits should be donated. I mean really?! Did they ask for the money or the press? Probably not.

Why offer such a strange reason when no reason or no comment would do? I really don't understand why their rep(s) didn't just say "no comment". Less is more. Now, it seems, the entire duty free industry is just for money grubbers trying to evade taxes :lol::ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand why you get so worked up about this...

Ha! Very good question ...

I guess it's so trivial it forced me to realize how ridiculous all of this truly is. I guess it's what is referred to as a moment of clarity, or an epiphany.

Why offer such a strange reason when no reason or no comment would do? I really don't understand why their rep(s) didn't just say "no comment". Less is more. Now, it seems, the entire duty for industry is just for money grubbers trying to evade taxes :lol::ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO:

What came first...the chicken or the egg?

Who felt the need to publicize the fact that the Cambridge couple had been compensated for issues during their flight? Most likely it wasn't the Cambridges. And yet, the British press (and the public and this forum) have felt the need to debate it. So that's why they felt the need to issue a statement. Because they probably received press inquiries about the incident and that's why they had to respond. According to the article, they declined and didn't feel the need to share their personal information.

Well, bearing in mind that the visit of the Duke and Duchess was paid for by the Foreign Office [i.e. taxpayer] and not by the BRF, I suppose W+C would find themselves in the same position as your humble Diarist; a few years ago my flight was overbooked; it was a business trip and so my departure was put back 5 hours to the next available flight with a seat on it; I was entitled to 'Denied Boarding Compensation' of around $300 or so, except of course since I did not pay for the flight myself it was refunded to my employer [the taxpayer!!]

Alex

What came first...the chicken or the egg?

Who felt the need to publicize the fact that the Cambridge couple had been compensated for issues during their flight? Most likely it wasn't the Cambridges. And yet, the British press (and the public and this forum) have felt the need to debate it. So that's why they felt the need to issue a statement. Because they probably received press inquiries about the incident and that's why they had to respond. According to the article, they declined and didn't feel the need to share their personal information.

:ermm:

Lots of needs and feelings. Apparently, they were bullied into responding. ;)

Well, bearing in mind that the visit of the Duke and Duchess was paid for by the Foreign Office [i.e. taxpayer] and not by the BRF, I suppose W+C would find themselves in the same position as your humble Diarist; a few years ago my flight was overbooked; it was a business trip and so my departure was put back 5 hours to the next available flight with a seat on it; I was entitled to 'Denied Boarding Compensation' of around $300 or so, except of course since I did not pay for the flight myself it was refunded to my employer [the taxpayer!!]

Alex

Next time fly Lufthansa. If they offer you compensation, they give it to you either directly in cash or book it on the credit card of the person in whose name the ticket is. Because it is not a compensation for the people who payed for the ticket (that means: it's not the ticket that is cheaperdue to that event), but a compensation for the traveller who suffered due to the airline's fault. At least that's the way it is handled in Germany, even with tickets payed for by the "öffentliche Hand" - public purse. Makes more sense to me, really.

I thought I'd post this here since I didn't want to take the focus away from Zara and Mike's wedding thread. There's an article on Daily Star it says the Cambridges left at 8:10pm the night before the wedding and unlike the others did not have any drinks during the pre wedding party. I can't post it fully cause there is baby speculation in that article. But I thought it was interesting considering a) I didn't see any pics of them with other guests at the pre-wedding party and b) we saw no pics of them returning to the house but then again we didn't see many of the other guests either just Harry, Zara and Mike.

Also I read an article that said the Duchess collapsed after the NA tour but I'm wondering if that's just a rumour. Again don't want to post it due to baby speculation

I also read a report that she had collapsed, but I didn't see any follow up on it. Fainting is not uncommon if a person is either eating too few calories or in early pregnancy. I won't speculate any further, but it is interesting that they refrained from drinking.

I thought I'd post this here since I didn't want to take the focus away from Zara and Mike's wedding thread. There's an article on Daily Star it says the Cambridges left at 8:10pm the night before the wedding and unlike the others did not have any drinks during the pre wedding party. I can't post it fully cause there is baby speculation in that article. But I thought it was interesting considering a) I didn't see any pics of them with other guests at the pre-wedding party and b) we saw no pics of them returning to the house but then again we didn't see many of the other guests either just Harry, Zara and Mike.

Also I read an article that said the Duchess collapsed after the NA tour but I'm wondering if that's just a rumour. Again don't want to post it due to baby speculation

I also read a report that she had collapsed, but I didn't see any follow up on it. Fainting is not uncommon if a person is either eating too few calories or in early pregnancy. I won't speculate any further, but it is interesting that they refrained from drinking.

I guess they do what a lot of couples do once they decided to have a family - stop drinking alcohol. Doesn't mean that she is pregnant yet.And we knew that they would start trying immediately, don't we? ;)

I guess they do what a lot of couples do once they decided to have a family - stop drinking alcohol. Doesn't mean that she is pregnant yet.And we knew that they would start trying immediately, don't we? ;)
Actually I think it's kinda nice that they refrained from drinking themselves silly this weekend.:flowers: Quite a change from William especially but one that I'm quite fond of. And ya the fainting article looked a bit sketchy. I dunno how hot it was then when they visited but currently Canada is in the middle of a heat wave, so I wouldn't have been shocked if she did faint from lack of water or something like that(again if it is even true). As we have heard those foreign tours are quite hard on the body. Again I'll refrain from speculation on a pregnancy but I was a bit shocked to read about it but they did look quite tired towards the end.

William not drinking could also be due to his on duty flight schedule.

Awww, I love that William and Harry read a joint excerpt from the nursery tale at the wedding. I wonder if that was Harry's idea.

Let it be known that this "Kate collapsed" article originated from the US tabloid rag the Enquirer, which is as UNRELIABLE as it gets (unless you believe in stories of giving birth to aliens and that Camilla is lesbian). Then other less known outlets picked it up. But note that none of the reputable sources confirmed the story --- because there has been no proof whatsoever that it ever happened. I can say with utmost confidence that this story is false.

The original article went on to say that the Palace had to cancel Kate's prior official engagements because of it (what engagements? she didn't have any lined up for the summer -- that has been a FACT even before Canada/California), and that William ordered for her to be on bed rest to recuperate. Well, straight from their trip, William & Kate moved into their new place at Kensington Palace, stayed there a few days, and headed home to Anglesey where they were spotted watching a movie that weekend. Bed rest indeed!

My guess is The Enquirer took its cue from Kate's remark in LA when asked if the tour was tiring: "When I get on that plane this afternoon I'll probably crash."

Let's not speculate...

When is Wills going to be searching and rescuing again? It's been a while.

I was under the impression that Wills and Kate returned to Anglesey after the Canada tour and he returned to duty. With him being on station for 24 hour shifts at a time, it does make it easier for him to have enough time to go to London (getting the new London place) and attending weddings and such. :D I think this is basically going to be his MO for the rest of the summer. Having a schedule like this is great for going on short jaunts on weekends and such. We have to remember that he works 2 days a week and he's put in a 48 hour work week.

In addition, its isnt' always going to be announced via the press every day he goes to work.

Let it be known that this "Kate collapsed" article originated from the US tabloid rag the Enquirer, which is as UNRELIABLE as it gets (unless you believe in stories of giving birth to aliens and that Camilla is lesbian). Then other less known outlets picked it up. But note that none of the reputable sources confirmed the story --- because there has been no proof whatsoever that it ever happened. I can say with utmost confidence that this story is false.
Ah didn't know the enquirer was the one who had printed it. I had read about it through another source so I wasn't quite sure.

I was under the impression that Wills and Kate returned to Anglesey after the Canada tour and he returned to duty. With him being on station for 24 hour shifts at a time, it does make it easier for him to have enough time to go to London (getting the new London place) and attending weddings and such. :D I think this is basically going to be his MO for the rest of the summer. Having a schedule like this is great for going on short jaunts on weekends and such. We have to remember that he works 2 days a week and he's put in a 48 hour work week.

I was just wondering.

This sounds like an advert!:)

No, it's a fact that Lufthansa obviously deals differently with their passengers than it was reported BA acts in case anything is wrong with the flight (delays, missing amenities, over-booked flights etc.). But you're right: it is rather an advantage for LH. Though BA offers better food and drinks, at least in Club Europe Class. IMHO, of course.;)

Great photos, Ghost night! Prince William wears glasses? And I love that deep shade of purple on Kate; she needs to wear those jewel colors more often. And, of course, the handholding; so nice to see the affection between the two.

Nice photos, but I have to say Kate must be thin as a rail in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom