The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Serene Highness

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate, the queen of style at glittering gala

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Wasn't Prince Harry supposed to also attend this event?
Kate looked great and im sure her upcoming official events wont be disappointing.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Courtier

Kate looks so relaxed and beautiful.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Courtier

She looked perfect but the whole effect was spoilt by the STICK THIN figure effect. There are no womanly curves just straight all the way down. Maybe she will put on weight but she reminds me of the Duchess of Windsor too too thin!

For goodness sake ... someone give this woman something to eat!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Commoner

Kate looks stunning!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Catherine was absolutely beautiful yesterday!! I have always loved her style, I have been following her for years, even when everybody joked about "waity Katie". I find funny to read on some forums more and more positive posts about Catherine, and often these posts are written by people who criticised her a lot, in the past, describing her style as "boring". She's a beautiful woman, her wedding didn't change her style, it is people who changed!
I only think that she's a bit too thin on these pics. She has always been thin, but now it's a bit too much.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Courtier

I think she looks amazing.... she is just so at home with William and it shows..with every step.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Nobility

Why should we -- or anyone -- begrudge her the help she clearly will need to do her job well? I suspect that she and the Prince will have a busier calendar than was originally foreseen, since William and Kate have shown themselves to be such a valuable asset to Crown and Country. This week alone, she had to prepare for the Ark Dinner, Trooping the Colour, the Duke's birthday, and Garter Day. Shortly thereafter, they leave for Canada and the US, which will require much preparation. I hardly think Kate's life is or will be one of feet up and bon bons.

And preparation for these events is not just finding the right dress (and for Kate, the fashion stakes are very high) and getting one's hair done, but I understand that Kate is studying French in anticipation of her Canada trip, and meeting regularly with palace officials to help her prepare for and master the protocol and diplomatic issues she will face.

So we should cut her a break. A "housekeeper/dresser" is hardly a houseful of servants.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Nobility

I doubt she had a full plate at the benefit ..a few bites here and there..
Old 06-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
help pls if I am an American size 9 what size am I in European shoes?
That's a 6.5 UK or 39.5 Continental, 1/2 a size bigger than Kate's.

See their size guide: http://www.lkbennett.com/sizeguide
Old 06-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
I doubt she had a full plate at the benefit ..a few bites here and there..
William & Kate's Ark Gala Dinner Date: All the Details! - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com

Both William and Kate opted for the Kobe beef as their main course. "Kate ate a lot!" an onlooker tells Us of the Jenny Packham-clad royal. "I don't know where she puts it!"

I don't know why people expect Kate to develop hips if she were to gain a ton of weight. That's not her body type. She's never had them.

She looks stunning, William looks fantastic and the pair look so happy. That's the best part.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Here is a nice picture gallery from the charity event

Kate was seen with Tom Ford at the charity as well article & pictures
Old 06-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
IloveCP they just cant go to Albert and Charlene because they will be in Ottawa for the Canada National Day on the 30 June and after the tour brings them until the 10 of July. Back in Europe the 11th.
Canada Day is July 1st.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
LK Bennet and go to the fashion thread for Kate in here bc someone linked them on the website where u can buy them! I'd hurry though! :) I want them in black :)

Edit - here's the link- help pls if I am an American size 9 what size am I in European shoes?
Agata Sandal Rose L.K.Bennett

So cute! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-m2ZDsvlzY4...3851_S37n6.jpg
In this picture I can see that the dress is pink! Love it. She is amazing
Old 06-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML View Post
Canada Day is July 1st.
On that note. More details on the Canadian Tour

Canadian Heritage - News Releases / Statements
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness

the dress was lovely but the only thing i would change about it was the sleeve/shoulder. they made her look even thinner. i know she's lost some weight but i hope it's all down to nerves and that in time, when she's more comfortable in her role she'll begin to put on some weight. other than that....flawless - dress, hair, makeup, shoes.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

you know...looking at her in the photos from this event, she almost has the same build as the Duchess of Windsor...or appears to.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Ok so here is a very nice behind the scenes story of the day.
Worth checking out
Catherine supports Prince William at ARK gala 10jun11
Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

The couple looked happy and relaxed. Catherine looked gorgeous and so elegant. Im so very happy for them. I know this marriage is going to last and Catherine will make a wonderful Queen someday. She is such a natural!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

"Hello" & "MSN DK Starlounge"

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend the ARK charity gala dinner - hellomagazine.com

William og Kate kæmper for børnene | Starlounge