The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

From twitter
Quote:
SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison

#royal #Ark sitting with Duke and Duchess: Elisabeth Murdoch, Prince Pavlos of Greece (next to Duchess), Helen Asprey, Tom Ford
Quote:

#royal also sitting with Cambridges: Lord Janvrin, Countess von Bismark, Jemima Khan, Baroness de Rothschild and Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton
Quote:

#royal #ark now inside the event waiting for Duke's Maiden speech - someone just handed me an orange juice #champaswouldbenice!

2 minutes ago
Quote:
katienicholl Katie Nicholl

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have nearly finished supper, Prince William is about to give a speech

Old 06-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Nobility

The Duchess of Cambridge is in it now BIG TIME! But thanks to the unwavering support of the Duke, she is coming through with flying colours. She looks fabulous and is setting the Royal scene abuzz. Good on you, Your Royal Highness.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton And Prince William, Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge: First Appearance As Man And Wife | Royal Wedding | Sky News
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

More untagged photos
duchess of cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Wills is about to speak
Quote:
katienicholl Katie Nicholl

Prince William is about to speak, everyone is excited. Kate is now a part of the foundation of #princeswilliam+Harry
First few words from William
Quote:

#royal Duke Speech: "new joint initiative between ARK and The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry"

1 minute ago
Quote:

#royal Duke speech: "I know I am fortunate, good education, secure home, loving and supportive family. So many do not have these asvantages"

55 seconds ago
Quote:

#royal #duke speech: "which is why I am pleased the Foundation and Ark are working together." will be a four year programme
Old 06-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Terra - Ao Vivo - William e Catherine participam de jantar de caridade
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm watching it via that link and William's speech was really good I hope BBC or Sky has it up soon so I can hear it again.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

HRH, Duchess of Cambridge is looking .. well.. you get the idea...

I only wish I had 10,000 pounds to spend to get into that event.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Video of TRH arriving, mingling with guests and entering the dining room
William and Kate attend first public engagement as married couple - Telegraph

William and Catherine mingling with some children at the event
http://www.daylife.com/photo/02jLgqI...s+of+cambridge

That's the end of press coverage
Quote:

#royal #ark press leaving event now but my spy inside says first 2 lots in auction both went for just shy of £500,000 each! #loadsofmoney
The Duke's speech
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13722923
And some pictures from his speech
http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?...roup=-10&sh=10

Ok off to catch my plane for Vegas so that's all from me for now!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Video of TRH arriving, mingling with guests and entering the dining room
William and Kate attend first public engagement as married couple - Telegraph

William and Catherine mingling with some children at the event
Photo from AP Photo

Ok off to catch my plane for Vegas so that's all from me for now!
On that Telegraph video it looks/sounds like William is chatting with Arthur Edwards.

Have a safe trip
Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for all the links to pictures and videos.

What an evening! Highlighted by such a lovely and happy looking couple. Wonderful speech from William. And Kate and that gown = perfection.

Can't wait to hear how much the charity raises tonight.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

If that's what a real mess looks like, then I want to be one too!!!

WOW!!! Kate looks *Stunn-ing!!* Love the dress, only it looks beige-y to me in the pictures, but I've read it described as pale pink. Which is it?

They both look very happy and at ease. Sounds like it was a great first engagement for the both of them as TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Aristocracy

She looked lovely. I noticed her makeup looked really beautiful. I think she looked more beautiful today vs. her wedding day. Her hair with the curls at the end looked stunning. I think she did great and I WANT THOSE SHOES!!!! Great first formal evening for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVA
She looked lovely. I noticed her makeup looked really beautiful. I think she looked more beautiful today vs. her wedding day. Her hair with the curls at the end looked stunning. I think she did great and I WANT THOSE SHOES!!!! Great first formal evening for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
LK Bennet and go to the fashion thread for Kate in here bc someone linked them on the website where u can buy them! I'd hurry though! :) I want them in black :)

Edit - here's the link- help pls if I am an American size 9 what size am I in European shoes?
http://www.lkbennett.com/shoes/sandals/CSAGATA670SUEDE

So cute! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-m2ZDsvlzY4...3851_S37n6.jpg
Old 06-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought Catherine looked utterly amazing, and I liked William's speech. He's much more confident, comfortable, and sure of himself when speaking like that than he has been in the past.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVA View Post
I agree. She looks softer with her hair down and the peach blush and lip gloss. Her eye makeup doesn't look as harsh either. It's a very flattering look for her vs. the more severe makeup and hairstyles.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Sorry Kate! Wedding lovely, Derby even better, tonight hair and dress a right mess, what were you thinking?
I don't know how you can call that a mess. But to each his/her own.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Nobility

they looked absolutely happy and kate is absolutely gorgeous!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Majesty

Sorry if this has been said before but,are they going to Albert and Charlene's wedding?Or are Edward and Sophie going like always?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Nobility

IloveCP they just cant go to Albert and Charlene because they will be in Ottawa for the Canada National Day on the 30 June and after the tour brings them until the 10 of July. Back in Europe the 11th.

Some big photos of Kate' dress.

Kate Middleton Outdoes Herself at ARK Gala

Closed Thread