Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
WilliamDuke300.png
catherine-300.png

Arms of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duke Duchess of Cambridge current events thread 1

commencing 29 April 2011

Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events Part 8, covering the period November 2009 to 29 April 2011 can be found here.

Topics related to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be found in the royal wedding subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish them luck. I also hope the Public gives them the time and space they need and want to figure out exactly what their Public Roles will be.

If it's true that Catherine mainly wants to be an RAF wife for the next two years of William's time in the RAF, I think that's great!! They're going to be living very public lives for the most part and I don't begrudge them this time to just be Will and Kate at home in Anglesey. This period of time is only available to them for only two years after all. The rest of their lives will be spent on display and duty as TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

I only hope the Public allows them to have that.

I love her second new coat of arms lol.

A Thread for the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge current events finnaly!..very nice:flowers:

So when will they go on their honeymoon? I thought she had been seen buying clothing for her honeymoon. I think it is a good idea that they try to keep out of the media for a little bit. Give them a chance to recoup and get ready for the next step in their lives. I wonder if the BRF are expecting the Duke and Duchess to have a baby right away. :flowers:

So when will they go on their honeymoon?

I'm not quite sure that the info is correct,but I read somewhere that they have chosen to depart for the Seychelles in about 3 weeks time.But,again,I'm not sure that's true :)

I'm really glad that they will at least try to live as a normal couple.They are both young and they just got married less than a week ago,so they need a little bit of privacy and time to relax.
I wish them luck and happy,peaceful life together.I know that they will be surrounded with media for most of the time,but I'm sure they will manage to deal with the attention.
Also,it's nice to hear that Catherine will be introduced to the royal duties step-by-step,so she can commit herself to her mariage,at least for the first months after the wedding.:):flowers:

Last edited:
They've been together for nearly a decade. I would think they'll have a baby pretty quickly.

Just been confirmed by Clarence House that the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will visit California for 3 days following their trip to Canada.

Last edited:
Here's an article speculating about the trip to California. I was surprised by this choice when they mentioned it on the day of the wedding, but it will certainly get them a lot of media coverage here in the states.

Oh dear....for Catherine's first visit to the US and she is going to be subjected to Hollywood.....land of bleached blondes, implants, hair extensions and botox. With all the wonderful cities in this country, I would have hoped her first visit would be an impression more worthy of the people of the US. :sad:

Last edited:
Oh dear....for Catherine's first visit to the US and she is going to be subjected to Los Angeles.....land of bleached blondes, implants, hair extensions and botox. With all the wonderful cities in this country, I would have hoped her first visit would be an impression more worthy of the people of the US. :sad:

I am not even from California and I am slightly puzzled by your generalization. Not everyone in California is like that.

Maybe we can get a thread for the Canada & California visit?
I didn't think they would go to the States but im sure it would be a great visit. I wonder what their program would be.

I am not even from California and I am slightly puzzled by your generalization. Not everyone in California is like that.

My apologies. I am from California originally. My comments were directed at the Hollywood crowd for which they will most certainly be subjected to the most with parties, etc..

My apologies. I am from California originally. My comments were directed at the Hollywood crowd for which they will most certainly be subjected to the most with parties, etc..

No worries. I think the problem (and this is not directed towards you per se) is that lately people make generalizations that really hurt all of us. But that is the topic of another forums perhaps.

I am sure they will meet non Hollywood people especially if they are going to meeting people for charities, causes, etc. One hopes at least.

Oh dear....for Catherine's first visit to the US and she is going to be subjected to Hollywood.....land of bleached blondes, implants, hair extensions and botox. With all the wonderful cities in this country, I would have hoped her first visit would be an impression more worthy of the people of the US. :sad:

Perhaps they won't go to Southern CA. Perhaps they will go there; it might be what they like --- celebrities.

I'm sure they won't be mingling with just the Hollywood crowd. I imagine there will be meet and greets with various people.

Southern California is one of my favorite places (I'm moving there in the fall), so I'm excited to see them coming for an official visit.

Does anyone know why they are visiting is there something going on? the article does not have any info... makes me want to book a trip LOL wish they were coming here to NYC..

Last edited:
I'm so glad they're coming to California. Royals should visit this part of the US more often. I'm sure Kate will love LA. I don't think she'll be there long enough to care about all the stereotypes.

:previous: I'm glad royals don't often visit LA. Imo, it would only encourage what appears to be a growing likekess between celebrity culture and royalty which I personally detest.

It would be rather cute seeing them at Disney Land however..haha.

That said, I certainly hope visits to LA are far and very few between for the Duke and Duchess and I imagine they would be.

(Please note that this is my opinion so no one get on the deffensive. I've been and I've seen on more than one occasion)

Last edited:
i wish the royals would visit the midwest, they go to either coast and never come close to the inland.

I'm so glad they're coming to California. Royals should visit this part of the US more often. I'm sure Kate will love LA. I don't think she'll be there long enough to care about all the stereotypes.

Do you think they might be guests of the Beckhams? :lol:

Last edited:
muriel said:
Do you think they might be guests of the Bechhams? :lol:

Honestly, I think part of the reason why they're going is to see the Beckhams and other celebs. Besides I don't think it's nice to come to a city and not visit your friends.

Last edited:
Can someone help me figure out why everyone is assuming they will be going to LA? All the official announcements say they will be going to California with a detailed itinerary revealed later on. There's plenty more to California then LA, even though I am rather fond of LA, I would rather see them in San Francisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom