Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume they will do something Bafta-related meaning w/ purpose meaning no Kardashians

I assume they will do something Bafta-related meaning w/ purpose meaning no Kardashians
Yes,but I think they will meet some Hollywood stars,at least the ones they intend to meet

Yes,but I think they will meet some Hollywood stars,at least the ones they intend to meet

And for that I'll be very excited. California has a lot besides Hollywood, but the meeting of royalty and some screen stars is looking very appealing to me. :)

I'm excited, but it's not that crazy over here the way the article is making it seem. There is one main party that every celeb wants to be invited to. But it'll only be the big time players. Anyways the bungalow makes sense...I was hoping they'd stay there:)

Well, DM likes to blow things out of proportions. It's not like Brad and Angie are saving the date, but I can see those Real Housewife of Beverly Hills and socialites going crazy for an invite

someone I would love to see meeting the couple is Ellen Degeneres. She used to do bits about being invited to the wedding and how Catherine is related to her.

Last edited:
But we all can be excited because today, this morning exactly, and this is an information confirmed by Buckginham Palace, Kate and William are due to meet ..... Barack and Michele Obama.... Wait for the pictures. YAHOOOOOOO

From BBC : The Cambridges will not be at the State banquet tonight. Apparently they want to keep a very low profile in respect for the guest of honor.

Does anyone know if the Cambridges will attend the Champions League final at Wembley on Saturday? I seem to remember that William, in his capacity as President of the FA, attended the match the last time an English team made it to the final in Rome in 2009. Given that this year's final is actually in England and features Manchester Utd, surely he will attend if work commitments allow, and Catherine with him?

I cannot understand how they are living away from London and how Prince William is seen playing football in a Park in London....Also if they have sometimes several events in Londo why they are so apart from London...because of William duties I know...but has far as I can see he is not here full time... I cannot understand where they are living and where thay should be living:cool:

They've just got back from their honeymoon - seeing as they greeted the President yesterday it was logical for them to stay in London upon their return from the seychelles. They'll probably return to Anglessey at the end of the week or after the bank holiday.

I cannot understand how they are living away from London and how Prince William is seen playing football in a Park in London....Also if they have sometimes several events in Londo why they are so apart from London...because of William duties I know...but has far as I can see he is not here full time... I cannot understand where they are living and where thay should be living:cool:

AFAIK the shifts for SAR pilots are 24 hours apiece, which includes about 12-16 hours actual work on the base (doing the office work, writing reports, maintain the helicopter and their uniforms etc.) when they are not needed for rescuing flights and 8-12 hours stand-by where they can try to get some sleep but have to be ready immediately to fly out in case of an emergency.

They do about 8-10 shifts a months, so about 20 days a month they are off duty but still working more than the average employee. But so William has enough time off to be in London and to work there for his charities. Catherine and William share his bedroom in the top floor apartment of Willaim and Harry at Clarence House so far till they find an apartment for them alone. And of course there's Charles and Camilla living there as well - but the house should be large enough for all of them to live there together without having to sit on each other's lap. Especially as they all live only part-time in London.

I'd love to visit Green Gables! That's my favorite childhood book series.

William & Catherine's Charitable Gift Fund

Not sure where to add this, but....

Friendly reminder:

You only have until the END OF MAY to send William & Kate a wedding present by donating to their Charitable Gift Fund, which will be divided among 26 chosen charities. Per experience, donating is extremely easy. So if you intended to do so, do it before it’s too late. So far, the charity has collected close to £1m.

http://www.royalweddingcharityfund.org

Am I the only one who thinks William looked marvy with a beard?

Am I the only one who thinks William looked marvy with a beard?
No definitely not! :D
Maybe not now, but in the future I wouldn't mind him sporting one. Prince Michael of Kent has one and still looks very dapper ;).

Even with the hair situation I think William is a handsome man. Just look at those pictures of him playing football. Sure the tan helps, but I've always love his face (and voice).

No definitely not! :D
Maybe not now, but in the future I wouldn't mind him sporting one. Prince Michael of Kent has one and still looks very dapper ;).

Even with the hair situation I think William is a handsome man. Just look at those pictures of him playing football. Sure the tan helps, but I've always love his face (and voice).

I definitely have to agree with you on the voice. It was the first thing I actually noticed about him way back in '97 (though it's the first thing I noticed about pretty much everyone, since my lack of eye sight doesn't allow to remember faces all that well). He sounded and still sounds very sophisticated (maybe the accent helps here too).

And yes, even with hair loss, he is still a very good looking man.

It just dawned on me that in two weeks we'll witness the Duke of Cambridge, Prince William, take part in his first Queen's Birthday Parade on horseback during Trooping of the Colour as the Colonel of the Irish Guards. William in his first bearskin...now that will be a sight you won't want to miss...IMHO

Will the Trouping be televised?

I have a phobia of losing hair and so William's premature balding freaks me out a little as he is only two years younger than me.

Nevertheless, seeing him in his uniform is gonna be hot. I also must confess I get a bit of a thrill when Charles wears his kilts at Balmoral. Also vetti hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom