The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know why they are visiting is there something going on? the article does not have any info... makes me want to book a trip LOL wish they were coming here to NYC..

Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William, Kate adopt penguin | World | News | London Free Press

Old 05-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Royal Highness

Awww! If I was them and read this I'd visit - how cute! I love penguins! I want to adopt one :)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:40 AM
Commoner

I'll admit that I squealed () upon reading this news. Acorn is such an adorable name.

On a more serious note, I'm really, really, happy that they have shown their support for the cause of protecting of endangered species.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm so glad they're coming to California. Royals should visit this part of the US more often. I'm sure Kate will love LA. I don't think she'll be there long enough to care about all the stereotypes.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad royals don't often visit LA. Imo, it would only encourage what appears to be a growing likekess between celebrity culture and royalty which I personally detest.

It would be rather cute seeing them at Disney Land however..haha.

That said, I certainly hope visits to LA are far and very few between for the Duke and Duchess and I imagine they would be.

(Please note that this is my opinion so no one get on the deffensive. I've been and I've seen on more than one occasion)

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Aristocracy

i wish the royals would visit the midwest, they go to either coast and never come close to the inland.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I'm so glad they're coming to California. Royals should visit this part of the US more often. I'm sure Kate will love LA. I don't think she'll be there long enough to care about all the stereotypes.
Do you think they might be guests of the Beckhams?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel

Do you think they might be guests of the Bechhams?
Honestly, I think part of the reason why they're going is to see the Beckhams and other celebs. Besides I don't think it's nice to come to a city and not visit your friends.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can someone help me figure out why everyone is assuming they will be going to LA? All the official announcements say they will be going to California with a detailed itinerary revealed later on. There's plenty more to California then LA, even though I am rather fond of LA, I would rather see them in San Francisco.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Administrator

I dont know why Princejohnny...I must admit that I have been to three CA cities (LA, San Diego and San Francisco) and they have all have their plusses and minuses ---- though San Francisco is my favorite city after London and Kauai.

I believe LA has a fairly large British population (in the movie industry)...isn't there an award or something that is given there for British movie industry during the summer. Didn't Sarah and Andrew attend such an event when they were married?

Old 05-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was on the news a few days ago...they mentioned the royal couples trip to LA. I'm being selfish, but I hope they do come here. I love NY and San Francisco, but royals are always visiting those cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I believe LA has a fairly large British population (in the movie industry)...isn't there an award or something that is given there for British movie industry during the summer. Didn't Sarah and Andrew attend such an event when they were married?
Are you talking about the Britannia Awards?
It's the LA version of the BAFTA. I believe Prince Andrew and Prince Edward have been presenters.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Nobility

Yes it was on the Telegraph, William will go to california in his capacity of President of the BAFTA for one event (dont know which one and when, but I check the BAFTA site and come back soon).
Old 05-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
It was on the news a few days ago...they mentioned the royal couples trip to LA. I'm being selfish, but I hope they do come here. I love NY and San Francisco, but royals are always visiting those cities.

Are you talking about the Britannia Awards?
It's the LA version of the BAFTA. I believe Prince Andrew and Prince Edward have been presenters.
Thats exactly what I am talking about. Thanks CrownPrincess5...it makes a bit of sense now. If I recall, Sarah and Andrew also visited a film set during their trip as well.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I'm glad royals don't often visit LA. Imo, it would only encourage what appears to be a growing likekess between celebrity culture and royalty which I personally detest.

It would be rather cute seeing them at Disney Land however..haha.

That said, I certainly hope visits to LA are far and very few between for the Duke and Duchess and I imagine they would be.

(Please note that this is my opinion so no one get on the deffensive. I've been and I've seen on more than one occasion)

The only difference between celebrities and royals is that celebrities actually get their status due to something they have actually done whereas royals get their status by birth and not on anything they have achieved. They are still only celebrities. LA would be perfect for them for that reason - glitz, glamour and no substance.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Your opinion and you're welcome too it. Needless to say I don't agree, at all :)

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-09-2011, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William is not only a Royal (with a workload), but also a working man with a stressful job.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Courtier

There are many people with far less stressful and dangerous jobs than Prince William, I wonder if that means they are without substance as well.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

More information about Wills and Kate's upcoming royal tour of Canada

It looks like it's going to be a large turn out on Canada Day in Ottawa!

Ottawa Hotels Book Up Ahead of Wills and Kate's Visit - Toronto Political Buzz | Examiner.com
Old 05-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtonruben359 View Post
More information about Wills and Kate's upcoming royal tour of Canada

It looks like it's going to be a large turn out on Canada Day in Ottawa!

Ottawa Hotels Book Up Ahead of Wills and Kate's Visit - Toronto Political Buzz | Examiner.com
We always go bananas over royals turning up to assist us to celebrate Canada Day.. I ma gald they are doing brisk business as a result......I truly think they will be a sensation here..........I hope it doesn't rain....