The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 08:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

I’m ready to dig in that Coconut Chicken Curry right now. I will order this cookbook.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-17-2018, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Wow! What a nice surprise to wake up too! I guess she hasn’t been off for the summer as much as we thought!

I’m hoping this isn’t the last we hear about Meghan and doing something with cooking!
I know - I saw it on twitter and came right over! I watched the video and thought that it was the perfect thing for Meghan to do! And the idea that it was her idea to just do a cookbook - she realized they didn't have enough funding and this was a way to get it. Brilliant.

If you go through the threads on twitter you can find the tweet with a link to buy it on Amazon (are we allowed to post that here)?

I'm totally preordering that.

Also - the foreward by Meghan sounds like you're reading the Tig. I had a small emotional moment over that. And I LOVE that she narrates the video.

She started this in JANUARY! I mean - she was producing and making an impact before she officially became a royal. I mean we already knew she was doing her own work beforehand... man - she hit the ground RUNNING. The BRF must LOVE HER. Forget her clothes - wow - she's killing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Omid Scobie @scobie
42m42 minutes ago
On September 20, Duchess Meghan will host an event at Kensington Palace to celebrate the launch of Together and join the Hubb women as they prepare their recipes and also help with the preparations, before (joined by Prince Harry) guests sit to enjoy the freshly prepared food.
OMG - *faints*.

I love this.

What a perfect initiative for Meghan to start off with. She's been working on this since January. Dang! She got married, did a ton of events AND is putting out a cookbook with the women from Grenfell Towers. Wow.

What a year. I'm still in the best year of my life professionally but Meghan still blew me out of the water, lol. Sheesh, lol.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:59 AM
Courtier

Just pre-ordered 3 copies lol. I have some friends who are major fans of the Duchess (one going way back to beginning of Suits) who will be getting this as birthday presents soon! Plus my own copy.

Absolutely thrilled by this. The perfect first project for our Duchess focused on women of color, cultural exchange and using food as a balm during tragedy. Weighty but uplifting.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:08 AM

I just saw the video on Facebook. What a wonderful initiative

Happy to see Meghan found an initiative which suits her so well. Food, empowering women and minimalists groups. You definitely feel her connection to it in her forward. Great start to her royal work.

I love the event at KP. Such a great idea to promote it.

Meghan has definitely been busy behind the scenes. I have often thought books were a great idea for royals to raise money.

I will be preordering a copy for my mom and sister for Christmas.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I know - I saw it on twitter and came right over! I watched the video and thought that it was the perfect thing for Meghan to do! And the idea that it was her idea to just do a cookbook - she realized they didn't have enough funding and this was a way to get it. Brilliant.

If you go through the threads on twitter you can find the tweet with a link to buy it on Amazon (are we allowed to post that here)?

I'm totally preordering that.

Also - the foreward by Meghan sounds like you're reading the Tig. I had a small emotional moment over that. And I LOVE that she narrates the video.

She started this in JANUARY! I mean - she was producing and making an impact before she officially became a royal. I mean we already knew she was doing her own work beforehand... man - she hit the ground RUNNING. The BRF must LOVE HER. Forget her clothes - wow - she's killing it!

I cannot wait to see how The Crown depicts the DoS era, lol. Fergie she is NOT. I'm so proud.
Hi FashionMaven! I see it takes a Meghan project to get you out of hiding.

Already ahead of you. It's been pre-ordered. Make sure you search for the title and not Cook Together. That's just a hashtag.

But you are absolutely right! The foreword read like The Tig to me! This project cannot be anymore Meghan.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
From what I'm seeing, this cookbook is going to sell out the first edition printing before its officially released due to everyone wanting to jump on a copy in advance.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-17-2018, 09:37 AM
Majesty

As a guy, the thing I would ask is why have no men contributed to the cookbook. Why no pictures of men preparing food. It seems very stereotypical. Women in the kitchen kind of thing.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:37 AM
Courtier

This is perfect in time for the Holiday season! as a lover of cookbooks the pictures look amazing! I will definitely purchase a copy.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

There's nothing like comfort food to help bring a community together and to help bring normality back into their lives after such a tragedy.
DM says Meghan wrote the Forward for the book. Yes she has been busy. The food looks delicious too.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:46 AM
Royal Highness

Jessica, Serena and Misha Nonoo all posted about the book. Very sweet seeing her friends supporting her like that. Also this video shows more interviews with the Hubb Community leaders and more behind the scene footage of Meghan.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
As a guy, the thing I would ask is why have no men contributed to the cookbook. Why no pictures of men preparing food. It seems very stereotypical. Women in the kitchen kind of thing.
You can't be serious.

So proud of her.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
You can't be serious.
Actually I am serious. Why is it just a women thing? Meghan’s husband before Harry was a chef wasn’t he?

For someone supposedly all about ‘gender equality’, it seems kind of odd to exclude men. It’s a very stereotypical women in the kitchen concept.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

No she had a short term boyfriend that was a chef....not her husband.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Just pre-ordered 3 copies lol. I have some friends who are major fans of the Duchess (one going way back to beginning of Suits) who will be getting this as birthday presents soon! Plus my own copy.

Absolutely thrilled by this. The perfect first project for our Duchess focused on women of color, cultural exchange and using food as a balm during tragedy. Weighty but uplifting.
Yep just pre-ordered thru Amazon...very modest price, under 20 dollars.

LaRae
Old 09-17-2018, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

For God's sake, this is about fundraising for a kitchen that is supporting and bringing a community that lost 73 people and their homes in an inferno. Meghan started out by getting involved in a kitchen with a good cause. She does not tell them who must cook in there.

On another note: I wonder if we can expect a speech from Meghan at the reception she's hosting (yes folks, she's hosting, Harry is attending as her other half for this one) for the launch of Together?
Old 09-17-2018, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

What a lovely initiative this is! This is really up her alley in every way and I always appreciate a change of pace with initiative and patronages. I can actually see this becoming a whole series of recipes from all across the UK (and even the Commonwealth.)

Also, I was about to pre-order it this morning when my mum excitedly rang me up and asked me to order a dozen examples for her weekly cooking parties.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:13 AM
Majesty

I think it's a wonderful initiative and may the book sell and sell! The food looks truly scrumptious. As I said before, I'm so pleased Meghan has come aboard with this.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
On another note: I wonder if we can expect a speech from Meghan at the reception she's hosting (yes folks, she's hosting, Harry is attending as her other half for this one) for the launch of Together?
I would imagine so!

I am already a ball of emotions thinking of how proud Harry will look at the event!
Old 09-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I’ve removed a few comments. Please remember that it’s very easy to disagree with your fellow members without making personal digs and implying members are trolls. If you feel a post is against the forum rules, please report it instead of engaging and derailing the thread.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Actually I am serious. Why is it just a women thing? Meghan’s husband before Harry was a chef wasn’t he?

For someone supposedly all about ‘gender equality’, it seems kind of odd to exclude men. It’s a very stereotypical women in the kitchen concept.
Well she involved the people who were at the Hubb. It clearly was mostly women.

Anyways... good on her. Looking forward to seeing these individuals on Thursday. It is their time to shine and they will.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

The kitchen is ran by women. It's started by them. Meghan is supporting them in what they and their community need. If men in their community want to start a kitchen too, they're most welcome to do so too.

I LOVE this first initiative. It will bring a big boost to the kitchen,and no doubt the book will sell out before its out even. All this will bring the attention to the kitchen,and more women needing this kind of support and friendship group will get to know about it.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, duchess of sussex