The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I do think Camilla is certainly a contender to be on the list. She is always age appropriately dressed, and has an elegant, classic style.

and she's got great legs. She should show them off more often. Killer legs

Well, I do think Camilla is certainly a contender to be on the list. She is always age appropriately dressed, and has an elegant, classic style.

There are times Camilla looks great and times that she looks awful. She looks older than she is. Where are her "killer legs"?

I can't think of a single time, since she married Charles, that she has looked awful - some outfits have suited her more than others but she has always looked good.

I love her hats - they are so mmuch a part of her that without those large hats she looks as if her outfit is incomplete.

As for the 'killer legs' that is in the eye of the beholder but I have heard a number of men who have seen her in person, say that they think she has great legs. Not surprising given that she rides so much - riding tends to strengthen the legs and make the look very good.

She looks great - a woman in her mid-60s who has raised a couple of well-adjusted kids and is a grandmother to even more kids.

I can't think of a single time, since she married Charles, that she has looked awful - some outfits have suited her more than others but she has always looked good.
She looks great - a woman in her mid-60s who has raised a couple of well-adjusted kids and is a grandmother to even more kids.

Iluvbertie - I agree and am of the age where even when I don't like how C looks, I am happy for her that she has the sang froid to go for it.

Still, I wish she would finally retire that navy dress with the white cuffs and collar. I'm just tired of it and think she could buy it in 20 other colors if she finds it comfortable. Sage,peach, ecru, purple (she looks great in rich purple), royal blue, not red - not her color, emerald, wedge wood blue (she needs to wear that color - it would be good on her, etc) :lol:

I love her hats - they are so mmuch a part of her that without those large hats she looks as if her outfit is incomplete.

As for the 'killer legs' that is in the eye of the beholder but I have heard a number of men who have seen her in person, say that they think she has great legs. Not surprising given that she rides so much - riding tends to strengthen the legs and make the look very good.

I agree, with one exception. I usually prefer her without the hats, because I like to see her face a little better than some of the hats allow.

Otherwise, occasionally she might be tired, but she always looks good, and she always looks good for her age. IF she has an extra wrinkle (and I don't know that she does), she has been fortunate, talented and energetic enough to be outdoors and active much of her life. Her face has wonderful expression and humour. And her killer legs are exactly where they're supposed to be.

Camilla will never go down in history as being one of the world's most beautiful women or one of the best dressed either. I do think that Camilla is a classic example of a woman aging gracefully though. She's the type of woman that what one would call expressive. She has stepped into her role as Charles' wife and royal partner with grace and charm. Her facial expressions are what gives away her easy going inner nature... especially with children. She has a natural knack for making people feel at ease and that is most noticeable when you see Charles and Camilla together. It seems that looking at the two of them, they're smiling and laughing and telling us that all is well in the world.

She's the kind of woman I'd like to meet and share a joke or two with and not one of those women you stand on the sidelines just to admire. I think she's going to make an excellent Queen Consort no matter what she's called.

'It's perishing out here!' Caped crusader Camilla wraps up warm as she takes her two rescue Jack Russells on a visit to Battersea Dogs Home
The Duchess of Cornwall dressed for the elements today in a striking cream cape as she conducted a series of charity engagements. Donning the thick wool cape over her smart working suit, Camilla told Mail Online: ‘I’ve had to give in. It’s perishing out there.’ First on a busy working day was a visit to the world-famous Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, where the Duchess arrived accompanied by her two little rescue dogs. Re-homed by Battersea Dogs and Cats Home with the Duchess of Cornwall, Beth and Bluebell have really hit the jackpot, now enjoying the finest dog food known to man and the run of several palatial estates.
Some really great pictures in the article.
I have to say, Beth and Bluebell are absolutely adorable; I have a sudden urge to adopt Jack Russells as well. :)

LOVE this quote from the article:
Camilla eventually managed to persuade the puppies – 18-month-old Beth and Bluebell, just four and a half months – to follow her into the building and was tickled pink when Beth took a dislike to the waiting pack of royal photographers and began barking loudly. ‘Look how well trained she is,’ the Duchess said with a mischievous grin.
Prince Philip will be proud. :D

The DM article had great snaps today - even this one which created an odd position with antlers around the Duchess of Cronwall's head: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/12/article-2247061-167AEB36000005DC-702_634x308.jpg

And here is the video from the Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...wall-visits-Battersea-Dogs-and-Cats-Home.html. I think you can hear Paul O'Grady saying "She's a nice lady." at the very end of the video.

These two events today were lovely and a great choice for the holiday season.
I do want to say that when I ran to the Drugstore today, the first thing that caught my eye was "The Globe Presents...The Curse of Camilla" which is a special edition magazine designed to very specially slam her. :lol:

So I stood there in the aisle looking at all the pictures and skimming the text. It was all the usual horse hockey puck type stuff and made me chuckle where that was not intended.
I don't know where all it is being/has been distributed. It was not worth the price in any case.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall with animals and kids in one day? I don't know if my heart can take it.....
I have to say what really melted my heart to goo was the kids... :wub:
They looked as if they were having the time of thier lives, which I am sure was the case....:wub:
And the cab made to look like a reindeer.... precious.....:lol:

The children were just so precious, especially the little boy with the walker. He looked so dapper in his suit and tie :D.

The children were just so precious, especially the little boy with the walker. He looked so dapper in his suit and tie :D.
Oh I know, he turned my heart to goo!:wub:;)
He and Prince William should get together and compare notes....:cool::lol:

Camilla will never go down in history as being one of the world's most beautiful women or one of the best dressed either. I do think that Camilla is a classic example of a woman aging gracefully though. She's the type of woman that what one would call expressive. She has stepped into her role as Charles' wife and royal partner with grace and charm. Her facial expressions are what gives away her easy going inner nature... especially with children. She has a natural knack for making people feel at ease and that is most noticeable when you see Charles and Camilla together. It seems that looking at the two of them, they're smiling and laughing and telling us that all is well in the world.

She's the kind of woman I'd like to meet and share a joke or two with and not one of those women you stand on the sidelines just to admire. I think she's going to make an excellent Queen Consort no matter what she's called.

Well said! I also feel like it would be wonderful to sit down to a cup of tea and a chat with her.

Busy day again for the Duchess with a visit to the Southampton General Hospital for the Nos ...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/10106949.Camilla_visits_Hampshire/?ref=mmsp

... followed by a visit to the liner "Queen Victoria" to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the ship, christened by Camilla back in 2007 ....

BBC News - Camilla portrait on Queen Victoria liner in Southampton

At this occasion a new portrait by Richard Stone of the Duchess was unveiled, wich is, sadly, simply horrendous :

http://www.cruisetricks.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/duchess-of-corwall-cunard-portrait.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
The hairstyle is familiar and I recognise the jewellery but Mr Stone needs to go to Specsavers if he things the lady in the portrait looks anything like the Duchess. :ohmy:

Wow - that's awful. In the past Stone has painted much of the royal family and done some beautiful work. See:
Richard Stone, Royal Portrait Painter

However, do scroll back to the Countess of Wessex for his somewhat unsettling take on Sophie. Lovely dress - but that face has a lot going on.

Wow - that's awful. In the past Stone has painted much of the royal family and done some beautiful work. See:
Richard Stone, Royal Portrait Painter

However, do scroll back to the Countess of Wessex for his somewhat unsettling take on Sophie. Lovely dress - but that face has a lot going on.
Can't make up my mind which one is the worst - Camilla's, Sophie's or Charles'.
The others are surprisingly good though, especially the Queen's and the Queen Mother's.

The Prince of Wales's is hideous, the Countess of Wessex downright scary.:eek: I love the rest except for Camilla's of course.

Can't make up my mind which one is the worst - Camilla's, Sophie's or Charles'.
The others are surprisingly good though, especially the Queen's and the Queen Mother's.

I thought Andrew's very flat expression was interesting, as well, though I did think Charles' was pretty much as I see him (and not necessarily as he IS ;))

Wow, that portrait is certainly... interesting.

It's a shame considering the beautiful portrait he did of The Queen Mother. I also really love Andrew's portrait and The Duchess of Gloucester's. Margaret's would have been great if the shading on the face would've been a bit better.

There is too much white and grey in the Countess os Wessex's face, and the Queen's nose to too wide. The rest look very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom